QuarterNinjaCM

KV-1B - Questions, Information, Gameplay

Actually, (at least the finnish) KV-1B had even more additional armour on the turret, atleast.

turret front: 75mm + 50mm vs 75mm + 35mm the KV-1E had.

Actually, the KV-1e had 75mm + 50mm on the turret front by default. The Finns did not add their own applique armor to it.

medal medal medal

85cdcb0000dbaa0aeaec912fcb1d09ed19bcfec1

Someone please tell me how to get it !

and if it's something like "buy a computer get KV-1B tank for free" then dick move gaijin.. many Finns want this thing so you better give them a change to get one

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

85cdcb0000dbaa0aeaec912fcb1d09ed19bcfec1

Someone please tell me how to get it !

and if it's something like "buy a computer get KV-1B tank for free" then xxxx move gaijin.. many Finns want this thing so you better give them a change to get one

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/145311-kv-1b/page-9 Read on from there. All you need to know is answered.

medal medal medal medal

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/145311-kv-1b/page-9 Read on from there. All you need to know is answered.

its bull! why can't we get this tank! just put it up for 2000GE gaijin plz i really want one  :(s  if im gonna get raped by russian T34/Kv1s might aswell die with the latest style of KV1  :crazy:

:edit also why show off this tank on the English speaking forum if we can't get it!?

Edited by Th3hadyn
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Oh bummer, well I don't see any of those packages in Australia. Stuff it.  

It will probably become available to us all later down the track, this is a timed exclusive for MSI for 6months to help sell interest in MSI products and WarThunder. Fair enough, Gaijin could also try fixing things that people have issues with also then they won't loose so many players ;)

Give it 6months guys, this will appear for purchase eventually.

Edited by The_Riddick
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

hope its not a disappointing KV like  KV1E ,rank 2 tank and all the battles goes Rank 3 ,battles gaijin should refund that crappy tank ,not givin any valued about my money ******

whats the point play rank 3 battles  Rank 2 tank if that tank label shows ??? what a stupid system ,, this is one trick to lure players buy tanks and lost money for nothing !!!! 

medal medal medal medal medal

hope its not a disappointing KV like  KV1E ,rank 2 tank and all the battles goes Rank 3 ,battles gaijin should refund that crappy tank ,not givin any valued about my money ******

whats the point play rank 3 battles  Rank 2 tank if that tank label shows ??? what a stupid system ,, this is one trick to lure players buy tanks and lost money for nothing !!!! 

well u can't get this tank unless ur a russian player...so...yeah...

medal medal medal medal

hope its not a disappointing KV like KV1E ,rank 2 tank and all the battles goes Rank 3 ,battles gaijin should refund that crappy tank ,not givin any valued about my money ******

whats the point play rank 3 battles Rank 2 tank if that tank label shows ??? what a stupid system ,, this is one trick to lure players buy tanks and lost money for nothing !!!!

Still wish I had one :P

And if it is like the kv 1E it must be one hell of a support tank :D and I also think the Fins were awesome fighters in ww2 :D Edited by Laggyman_
medal medal medal medal

It'll return for other means eventually. Remember the Boston? I paid for that, and then they made it a free event aircraft about a month or two later.

medal medal medal

Why did you even post this here anyways?

I mean the KV-1B can only be bought my Russians, international players are not allowed. So doesn't it seem pointless to put it on international forums, may as well have just left it on the RU page.

I wish I had never known about it at all.

Edited by Echorion
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal

I mean the KV-1B can only be bought my Russians, international players are not allowed. So doesn't it seem pointless to put it on international forums, may as well have just left it on the RU page.

I agree.

As far as i can see from:

http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/TANKS7.htm

Finnish use: Two captured KV-1 tanks were taken to Finnish use - KV-1B (KV-1E model 1940) and KV-1A (KV-1 model 1942). Both of them were introduced to Finnish use in year 1942. They remained in combat use until end of World War 2.

Around year 1937 Soviet leadership decided to launch development work for new heavy tank intended to be used as a breakthrough tank. Their existing T-35 multi-turret heavy tanks had proved unsatisfactory mainly due to poor mobility. Also experiences that the Soviets had gathered from Spanish Civil War (1936 – 1939) proved them that there was an obvious need for more heavily armored heavy tank.

Hence they found need to develop a new heavy tank with heavier armor protection that made it less vulnerable to antitank-gun and field artillery fire. The specifications for the new tank were still made for multi-turret tank. The resulting development work produced three heavy tank prototypes, SMK, T-100 and KV, which had been named after Soviet Commissar of Defense (Minister of Defense) Klimenti Voroshilov, who at that time was Stalin's favorite. From these three prototypes SMK and T-100 each had to two turrets while KV had single turret and due to this was notably lighter than its two competitors. The Soviets tested these three prototype designs in autumn of 1939 with KV prototype proving to be the most successful. Due to this December of 1939 KV heavy tank was officially approved as weaponry of Soviet Red Army. Just days before this the Soviets also field-tested all three prototype designs, two KV-1 among them. Summa at Mannerheim-line become the place the place where they were tested in 17th of December 1939, this first brush that Finnish Army got with KV tanks was no to be the last.

As noted KV-1 tank had been designed to be basically immune to 37-mm antitank-guns and field artillery. Due to its heavy weight it had very wide (70-cm) tracks, which Finnish Army found quite resilient against antitank-mines M/36 and M/39 used at that time due to their explosive charge proving too weak against it. The solutions for this were stacking up several mines or adding additional explosive charges under the antitank-mines. Later factory-made additional explosive charges were introduced for this purpose. Once KV-1 had been demobilised with antitank-mines, it was vulnerable and could be blown up with large satchel charge or demolition charge. Needless to say, tanks blown up in this way suffered too much damage to be repaired, which may partially explain why so few of the Soviet KV-1 tanks faced by Finnish Army in 1941 ended up to Finnish tank inventory.

This tank one of the first Soviet tank designs to be equipped with diesel engine. The engine design increased survivability of the tank, since diesel in case of fuel tank getting hit, diesel was notably less flammable than gasoline used in earlier Soviet tanks. Liquid-cooled 12-cylinder (V12) 600-hp V-2K diesel engine used in it was variant of V-2 diesel engine, which proved highly successful and became de facto the standard engine for Soviet medium and heavy armor manufactured during World War 2. The tank had torsion bar suspension, which apparently proved rather successful. Originally KV-1 had been intended to be armed with 76-mm F-32 tank gun, but since it didn't come available in time, early production was equipped with L-11 tank guns. Later production KV-1 variants were equipped with F-34 or ZiS-5 tank guns. KV-2 was equipped with 152-mm howitzer and KV-85 with 85-mm tank gun. In addition to 76-mm main gun KV-1 tank typically had three DT-machineguns - coaxial machinegun next to main gun, rear turret machinegun and front hull machinegun.

KV heavy tank was designed and built in Kirov Works in Leningrad, during the war the factory was partially evacuated to Chelyabinsk, but apparently only the part of factory that manufactured this tank remained in Leningrad. When Germany invaded Soviet Union in June of 1941 Soviet Red Army had 508 KV tanks, which proved quite a nasty shock for the Germans, since these tanks were practically immune to German tank guns and antitank-guns existing at that time. While KV-1 and KV-2 did play important part in delaying German advance in some well publicized battles in 1941, technical issues combined with poor training, poor availability of spare parts and problems with fuel supply apparently caused large number to fall into German hands during first months of the war.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

@Kocyra - The KV-1B was made available only to the Russians, the rest of use got the KV-1E.

They are the same tank only major difference is the KV-1B is a German premium and KV-1E is a Russian premium.

Edited by PeachPest

To rustle the jimmies of the Finns.....  :(s

Edited by Lentokone145
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Saw it in combat today, wish i hadn't, so jelly. why are you making it so hard for us to like you Gaijin?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 01/01/2015 at 02:42, PeachPest said:

@Kocyra - The KV-1B was made available only to the Russians, the rest of use got the KV-1E.

They are the same tank only major difference is the KV-1B is a German premium and KV-1E is a Russian premium.

Even if they are the same. 

The fact that the german kv does not face the lacking sovidt guns makes it much better. 

medal

1 hour ago, takkuta said:

Can someone post pictures of KV-1B armor thicknesses? (in game)

Are those same as in KV-1E?

It's the same as KV-1E

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal