QuarterNinjaCM

KV-1B - Questions, Information, Gameplay

shot-2014.05.28-14.37.51.jpg

A Unique premium tank, the KV-1B (Finnish designation) will be added in one of the future updates in War Thunder. It is a model of the heavy tank KV-1 KB LKZ 1940 model, with additional shielding. The tank displays the original version of the livery from the vehicle “332″ from the 3/1-y tank brigade of the armed forces of Finland in a three-colour paint scheme. The  external surface of the tank is painted in olive green, gray and sandy brown. On supporting wheel rollers, has obviously, rubber in black.

shot-2014.05.28-14.47.33.jpg

shot-2014.05.28-14.49.13.jpg

• Upvote 54

So, new German premium tank, I expect a Russian counterpart, wonder what it'll be.

• Upvote 7
medal medal

Another Soviet premium tank. Would like to have a new German premium tank. Germans don't even have a tier III premium tank, yet Soviets do.

But Soviets dont have a tier4 premium, yet Germans do.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

what rank is it?

I hope is rank 3 because it says additional shielding!!!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Another Soviet premium tank? Would like to have a new German premium tank. Germans don't even have a tier III premium tank, yet Soviets do.

Since this one is Finnish I'm pretty sure it will be in the German tree. From what I heard Finns and Soviets didn't fight together in WW2 ;)

• Upvote 22
medal medal

How many of them were used by Finland? 

As far as I know, only one KV-1E was used by Finnish forces. Fortunately, the specimen was not smelted into scrap metal after the war... :3

4585908027.jpg

• Upvote 33

so this is what happened to our (supposed) CBT testers tank :'( jk

Still awesome!!!!! I <3 KVs of all sorts!

Edited by Aerobane
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal

1940 + added armor

That thing will be a beast.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Finns fought both (first invaded by USSR, then fought against retreating Germans), but question is HOW MANY KV-1s THEY USED... last thing we need is another premium La-5/190...

When the Finnish forces captured equipment, usually it was used in combat even if captured in very small numbers. Using working tanks and aircraft just for testing would have been a horrible waste. That's why captured vehicles were used on the front line.

• Upvote 8

So how would one acquire this? Or it going to be via Gaijin store only, or more horrid event nonsense?

Looks nice though. Also what nation?

Edited by Cassius_Faux
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

When the Finnish forces captured equipment, usually it was used in combat even if captured in very small numbers. Using working tanks and aircraft just for testing would have been a horrible waste. That's why captured vehicles were used on the front line.

I understand that (and admire how Finns kicked xxx when they had to), problem is than online games doesnt work that way. Remember premium La-5, Fw 190, P-47...

Edit: I sometimes wish that we in Czech republic had balls to do so (even though we would probably got wasted in less than a week after Munich)

Edited by Johnny_Phate
medal medal medal