Qosmius

IS-3 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

On 09/08/2018 at 14:41, SickSix said:

So I just grinded this thing only to bypass it to the IS-4M?

This is depressing. Was really looking forward to this tank. 

according to stats, players reviews and battlerating the IS-4M is a bypassing tank too.

The IS-3 is the worst tank I have played so far. 

• Upvote 2
medal

What the hell happens with this tank? 

Seven occasions in which I shot the IS-3 on the side almost 2 meters away and my projectiles were simply lost on its side, without penetrating (APDS, 285mm, Stvr 81 - APCR, 264mm, M47).

With the M47 I have made 6 shots while the IS-3 repaired its cannon and I have not been able to penetrate it (I don't have HEATFS yet).

52 ping and 0%PL, the excuse about the latency is too worn out.

medal

7 hours ago, Victor_Lafayette said:

What the hell happens with this tank? 

Seven occasions in which I shot the IS-3 on the side almost 2 meters away and my projectiles were simply lost on its side, without penetrating (APDS, 285mm, Stvr 81 - APCR, 264mm, M47).

With the M47 I have made 6 shots while the IS-3 repaired its cannon and I have not been able to penetrate it (I don't have HEATFS yet).

52 ping and 0%PL, the excuse about the latency is too worn out.

The sides is pretty much angled.

its a hidden sloped armor

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Before it was a beast.

But times change, its been nerfed into the ground so it could be played against with regular ammunition earlier in this games history. 

But now most tanks have apds and heat-fs from 6.7 up, which renders the tank useless.

Its MUCH slower than the is-6, has worse reload with about 8-10s, sure it has the BR471D round with 230mm pen at 10m but the BR471B is much better in a sense that it practically ignores slopes and has more tnt filler and still enough pen to deal with most tanks.

*The is-3 has a shottrap so huge its hard to miss taht can be used by caliber bigger than 75mm.

*Massive gunners scope with only 100mm armor.

*Cast turret that make sthe turret not 250mm thick, but about 220-230mm thick  (The cast modifier on the maus and tiger II was removed for balancing purposes).

*Peaknose, while op against AP, APHE APCR and so on, its useless against HESH and HEAT-fs that this tank faces EVERY game, if you try to angle the tank you litterally undo the armour on the tank.

*The engine is wrong on the tank, the wt wiki has it wrong, in game spaded the tank has 520hp/t at 2000rpm, but irl it had a disel model V-2JS (V-2-K) 600hp/t pushing 13hp/t, right now it only has about 11.8hp/t

*The ground modifier for the tank seems to be of too, its huge tracks made the tank have excellet ground pressure so it could achive better preformence in terrain, but the tank litterally dead stops if you try to turn the tank, the tanks hull traverse is horrible, adding to the abyssmal mobility it has.

So in addition to that the tank is slow, has horrible reload, abyssmal mobility and armor that does not work, the br 7.3 is 7.7 in disguise, and the fact that this heap of crap of a tank can face 8.3 is to me a mystery.

The tank was made in 1945 but is forced to face 1950 tanks and cold war tanks with modern 1200m/s heat-fs with 400mm pen?!

And when the tank does not face that kind of opposition it WILL face 6.7 light tanks with 300+ mm pen heat-fs that straight up ignores the tanks angles and instakill it with a successful penetration due tho the is-3 cramped design.

Look at other tanks that can be compared to the is-3 right now, T32 and T32E1, T29, T34, conqueror.

All of them has better armor, better guns and bettter mobility.

*T32 vs is-32 face to face, the T32 will win due to the only weakspot that the is-3 can pen is the gunners port, its a small target thats rly hard to hit in a fast engagement.

*T32E1 vs is-3 lol idk why i even brought this one up, if the is-3 does not have the side of the tank the T32e1 will win 99% of the time, the is-3 cannot pen that tank frontally anywhere while the T32E1 can just aim for any of the above weakspots.

*T29 vs is-3 the is-3 can pen the turret and some small unrelieble parts on the hull, but mostly the T29 will come out on top after both tanks probably bounce the first shot, and the T29 has a better pen gun with faster reload.

*same for the T34.

*conqueror vs is-3, this isn't even funny, the only relieble spot on the conq the is-3 can pen is the cupola and lower glacis, lower glacis is mostly hidden due to terrain, and in a reaction engagement the is-3 does not have enough time to aim for the weakspots, the conq will dessimate you on the first shot with hesh, and the apds that has the better performance than the T10m.... so its a lol pen on the is-3.

rly the is-3 should have all of the nerfs that gaijinn have blessed the tank with removed and put it at 7.0 so its not just a roadbump in the techtree.

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

merged with the pinned IS-3 thread
  • Upvote 2
medal

On 07/11/2018 at 00:51, Turra said:

Before it was a beast.

But times change, its been nerfed into the ground so it could be played against with regular ammunition earlier in this games history. 

But now most tanks have apds and heat-fs from 6.7 up, which renders the tank useless.

Its MUCH slower than the is-6, has worse reload with about 8-10s, sure it has the BR471D round with 230mm pen at 10m but the BR471B is much better in a sense that it practically ignores slopes and has more tnt filler and still enough pen to deal with most tanks.

*The is-3 has a shottrap so huge its hard to miss taht can be used by caliber bigger than 75mm.

*Massive gunners scope with only 100mm armor.

*Cast turret that make sthe turret not 250mm thick, but about 220-230mm thick  (The cast modifier on the maus and tiger II was removed for balancing purposes).

*Peaknose, while op against AP, APHE APCR and so on, its useless against HESH and HEAT-fs that this tank faces EVERY game, if you try to angle the tank you litterally undo the armour on the tank.

*The engine is wrong on the tank, the wt wiki has it wrong, in game spaded the tank has 520hp/t at 2000rpm, but irl it had a disel model V-2JS (V-2-K) 600hp/t pushing 13hp/t, right now it only has about 11.8hp/t

*The ground modifier for the tank seems to be of too, its huge tracks made the tank have excellet ground pressure so it could achive better preformence in terrain, but the tank litterally dead stops if you try to turn the tank, the tanks hull traverse is horrible, adding to the abyssmal mobility it has.

So in addition to that the tank is slow, has horrible reload, abyssmal mobility and armor that does not work, the br 7.3 is 7.7 in disguise, and the fact that this heap of crap of a tank can face 8.3 is to me a mystery.

The tank was made in 1945 but is forced to face 1950 tanks and cold war tanks with modern 1200m/s heat-fs with 400mm pen?!

And when the tank does not face that kind of opposition it WILL face 6.7 light tanks with 300+ mm pen heat-fs that straight up ignores the tanks angles and instakill it with a successful penetration due tho the is-3 cramped design.

Look at other tanks that can be compared to the is-3 right now, T32 and T32E1, T29, T34, conqueror.

All of them has better armor, better guns and bettter mobility.

*T32 vs is-32 face to face, the T32 will win due to the only weakspot that the is-3 can pen is the gunners port, its a small target thats rly hard to hit in a fast engagement.

*T32E1 vs is-3 lol idk why i even brought this one up, if the is-3 does not have the side of the tank the T32e1 will win 99% of the time, the is-3 cannot pen that tank frontally anywhere while the T32E1 can just aim for any of the above weakspots.

*T29 vs is-3 the is-3 can pen the turret and some small unrelieble parts on the hull, but mostly the T29 will come out on top after both tanks probably bounce the first shot, and the T29 has a better pen gun with faster reload.

*same for the T34.

*conqueror vs is-3, this isn't even funny, the only relieble spot on the conq the is-3 can pen is the cupola and lower glacis, lower glacis is mostly hidden due to terrain, and in a reaction engagement the is-3 does not have enough time to aim for the weakspots, the conq will dessimate you on the first shot with hesh, and the apds that has the better performance than the T10m.... so its a lol pen on the is-3.

rly the is-3 should have all of the nerfs that gaijinn have blessed the tank with removed and put it at 7.0 so its not just a roadbump in the techtree.

I feel like screenshots like this bear weight on this topic.688873989_Screenshot(147).thumb.png.1264479409183_Screenshot(148).thumb.png.275c

Remember that the IS-3 had Rolled Homogeneous Armour so there should be no extra values. I may also send in a bug report concerning this (whether it is the tank or the protection analysis that is bugged I don't know but one must be by the values)

• Upvote 1
medal