Sign in to follow this  
Katsukai

Data Manuals for the Japanese Mitsubishi Engines

GGjseLG.jpg

Found some more stuff that could help Japan to get new planes or better FMs, here is the list of some of the engines inside the book, translated from page 183.

A2bPL2R.png

If any of the data inside this book is needed. Here is the untranslated PDF, might in future post in this thread the whole translation for all engine tablets.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Edited by Katsukai
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal

Do you happen to have a bigger construction drawing of the Carburetor on the 12/21? could be usefull for a bug report.

If it's about the starving when it shouldn't, I think that they just don't have a very advanced model for float carbs yet.  It's just 'has one' or 'doesn't', as far as I can tell.

medal medal medal medal medal

If it's about the starving when it shouldn't, I think that they just don't have a very advanced model for float carbs yet.  It's just 'has one' or 'doesn't', as far as I can tell.

In that case for example the spit mk V should cut out, too... well it still did historically, but engine restart time was reduced from 30-40sec to about 10sec. So i don't see a reason why a plane that wasn't suffering such problems should cut out. Im just gathering info to file a bug report and everything could potentially help.

In that case for example the spit mk V should cut out, too... well it still did historically, but engine restart time was reduced from 30-40sec to about 10sec. So i don't see a reason why a plane that wasn't suffering such problems should cut out. Im just gathering info to file a bug report and everything could potentially help.

Cool, I'm just saying not to expect a swift fix.

medal medal medal medal medal

thanks for sharing this, very interesting.

Do you happen to have a bigger construction drawing of the Carburetor on the 12/21? could be usefull for a bug report.

if you submit a bug report let us know if they acknowledge it.

medal

Sadly I don't, but maybe the book has it drawn.

medal medal medal

Cool, I'm just saying not to expect a swift fix.

I know ;)

thanks for sharing this, very interesting.

if you submit a bug report let us know if they acknowledge it.

I will post a link to the report when i have time to write it.

Sadly I don't, but maybe the book has it drawn.

Sadly not, 1st is mitsubishi aircraft engines, and the other book is engines of nakajima aircraft, and in both there are no detailed drawings of the carb. Still awesome books and many thanks.

Read somewhere that there is some decent info in "Eagles of Mitsubishi", well considering its first hand info by the designer it should be detailed. Sadly that book is out of my budget even if i realy would like to have it (hardcover 500€, soft cover 240€)

cheapest I could find Eagles of Mitsubishi is $72, tho I probably didn't look hard enough, I do tend to purchase used books because for the most part they are a fraction of the cost and other then some minor wear are in relatively good condition, that is how I get most of my art books tho.

Sign in to follow this