Sign in to follow this  
Narsil80870

Tank aim snapping to target...

Is there a way to turn off the auto snapping to target by the cannon's aim (crosshair)?  Several times now, I have been killed when trying to shoot at en enemy tank, may aim seemed to be getting stuck on the wrong target or even on the ground next to the enemy tank.

I never had this problem... Go to the MENU, GAME CONTROLS, turn off the instructor. I never noticed the aiming reticle snapping to the target... (Enemy) (I like how the Forums thinks I spelt "Reticle" wrong... (You know the red line under it.))

That's because you are trying to aim not by crosshair but by looking at the aiming helper that shows you where the shot will land and odds of penetration. The actual crosshair looks just like white circle in third person view, switch to first person gunner's view for accurate gunnery. The default key to change view is V.

medal medal

I have had the same problem using first person view (using V key).  Maybe i understand this incorrectly, but the crosshair is the aimed/estimated impact location, and it turns red, yellow or green depending on the estimated level of damage (green being max damage).  If the circle was the actual impact location, then that would be easier.  I have not problems moving that into the desired location - but the crosshair tends to dance around, and again, often not to the right place.

It's dancing around because it accounts for distance to whatever you're pointing it at and how much the shell will drop. If you tilt up higher than your target, the second crosshair will suddenly drop lower to reflect where your shell is going to land - somewhere way past the target, and therefore lower in your view.

I have had the same problem using first person view (using V key).  Maybe i understand this incorrectly, but the crosshair is the aimed/estimated impact location, and it turns red, yellow or green depending on the estimated level of damage (green being max damage).  If the circle was the actual impact location, then that would be easier.  I have not problems moving that into the desired location - but the crosshair tends to dance around, and again, often not to the right place.

nothing about damage, but change of penetration, green is almost a 100% change of pen, yellow is about 50% and red is never

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

nothing about damage, but change of penetration, green is almost a 100% change of pen, yellow is about 50% and red is never

Even with the helper crosshair red I can still blow up a tank at range, so I wouldn't take the colours as being 100% correct. I have also had a few zero damage shots when the green colour is advising me it is going to hit.

Edited by Rage33
  • Upvote 1

Yeah the green indicator doesn't seem to count for angled shots that reduce the penetration. I've killed few tanks hitting them on red, those being kind of desperate shots, so I don't know if the shell drifted on the way and ended up hitting a weak spot.

medal medal medal medal medal

Even with the helper crosshair red I can still blow up a tank at range, so I wouldn't take the colours as being 100% correct. I have also had a few zero damage shots when the green colour is advising me it is going to hit.

The shell might have moved (You notice it really well on fast firing tanks)

But those colours should be accurate if the shell hits where the cross is

Edited by Hopit

Thanks for the clarification re penetration.  Presumably the crosshair accuracy is subject to various factors, not least of which includes a movement by the target between when the shot is fired and the moment of impact...  same kind of accuracy problem that we have with the flight simulator lead indicator on planes.

Thanks for the clarification re penetration.  Presumably the crosshair accuracy is subject to various factors, not least of which includes a movement by the target between when the shot is fired and the moment of impact...  same kind of accuracy problem that we have with the flight simulator lead indicator on planes.

But remember, you still need to remember to count the angle of the part you're shooting, even if the cross is green.

This has never happened to me before. You may want to check if your "Instructor" setting thing is on. If it's on, turn it off. It's REALLY annoying.

medal medal medal

This has never happened to me before. You may want to check if your "Instructor" setting thing is on. If it's on, turn it off. It's REALLY annoying.

Thanks.  I'm pretty sure its still on. 

Thanks.  I'm pretty sure its still on. 

No problem! Instructor is truly a pain in the 6 0'clock!

Hope I helped!

See you on the battlefield!

medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this