Sign in to follow this  
Redneck1

KV-85 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

Note, this is my own experience from the games in that bucket called KV85, to me it seems that the standard BR 365A gives better results than the 365 K. Take it or leave it, my impression.

Anyone has a similar experince with other tanks using hat Gun and ammo?

medal medal medal medal

What better results?

Both oneshot everything they hit, so does one oneshot better than the other?

If so, how?

365K is a sharp projectile it looks more or less like this / \. It makes penetrating target easier, but rises chance of projectile shattering and ricocheting becouse of low normalisation applaying to hard heads.

365A is a obtuse projectile. it looks more like this /   \. Penetrating is harder, but projectiles rarely shatter and normalisation occurs on wider range of angles.

Regards!

PS - Obtuse type shells are preferable for cannons of callibre 100mm+, or very high velocity cannons(IMO) becouse of wider normalisation angles and less shatter opportunity. Cannons of this size already pack enough punch to knock out most tanks.

Edited by juraleona
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Good to know gonna test it right now.

Actually i meant the DAmage made if penned, i get penetrations with both, the A simply makes ore stuff go boom if you pen. THe K seems to behave like an APCR should, feels like lacking the HE filler.

Edit: So i made a couple of games with the T34/85 D5t and i get very good resuts with K ammo there, for now i would say it is only bugged on the Kv85, just unlocked the IS1 gonna test that one next.

Edited by Redneck1
medal medal medal medal

This tank is kinda playable now that it has 142-145 pen lol. Actually its miles ahead of IS 1 tank in many aspects: it doesnt play vs KT and pershing, it is much better at the mobility btw as well. It also seems to bounce more shots then t34 85. Still has a terrible -3 depression. Wish it had KV ZIS 5 style bonus armor plates on the front! Actually, going to play more of this tank now lol.

medal medal

This tank is kinda playable now that it has 142-145 pen lol. Actually its miles ahead of IS 1 tank in many aspects: it doesnt play vs KT and pershing, it is much better at the mobility btw as well. It also seems to bounce more shots then t34 85. Still has a terrible -3 depression. Wish it had KV ZIS 5 style bonus armor plates on the front! Actually, going to play more of this tank now lol.

Yeah.  I actually like it more so than the IS-1 due to the MM not being terrible for it.  Really the worse you'll face are 6.0 opponents such as the Panther A and G/Tiger I E but they do not differ that much from their 5.7 contemporaries. 

Not to mention I think you can actually gain more armor from the KV 85 due to actually being able to angle, unlike the IS-1 in which you really cannot angle.  You do lose out on APCR rounds though, but they aren't nearly as effective as pre 1.51 anyway so really a player isn't losing much. 

medal medal medal medal

Gun of it just don't work. unangled 100mm armor within at it still won't pen. I have a Kv-122 now, and it can kill it ****, whilst the only thing that's changed is the gun. And then you hear people whine about the 85mm gun.....

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yes K & A rounds have different shapes leading to the K having worse penetration at high angles of attack.

But IRL the larger cavity (& HE filler) meant the A round was prone to shatter against thick flat armour (shatter gap).

Thats why the K round was developed AFTER the A round IIRC.

medal medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this