wafu_vasco

Ground Forces Historical Screenshot Competition

Tell me, have the reserve tanks (T-26 and the German one) participated in the Eastern front?
I'm not a tanker and I'm too lazy to grind some tanks.

Yes.

medal

Tell me, have the reserve tanks (T-26 and the German one) participated in the Eastern front?
I'm not a tanker and I'm too lazy to grind some tanks.

The Last use of a T-26 would be the Finns on the western front in 1944 (does the Lapland war count as Western front?). If you mean Soviet use, I know T-26's (Well Teletanks converted back to normal) were in use at Moscow..

Panzer II Ausf J's were in use in 1942 on the Leningrad front.

medal medal

amazing screenshots!  :good:

medal medal medal medal medal

Operation Zitadelle, Battle of Kursk 1943:

"The last offensive"

ibthPGjN0tQHFs.jpg

Edited by Rohnlex
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal

Russian T-34 column advancing during the Battle of Kursk, just East of Kochetovka, July 1943

Actually beautiful. Here's my submission:

Estonian volunteers of the III. (germanische) SS-Panzerkorps scan the far bank of the Narva River for Soviet troop movements, just after dawn, July 1944.

[attachment=79494:Tiger I at Narva River.jpg]

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

The Winners!

- Königstiger fighting off Soviet tanks attacks, USSR, Summer 1944 by Erich_Freimann selected by wafu_vasco

- Charging T34s at Kursk by Trommelfeur selected by LichBane

- T34 Column Advancing by Fodder09 selected by Hiromachi

- Big Game Hunting by Waroch selected by Listy

- Operation Zitadelle selected by 'The Management' (Scarper and Quarterninja)

Finally, as a bonus, we were all impressed with Lone Survivor by MCRammer. It doesn't quite fit in with the theme of advertising Ground Forces or Great Battles, but it was such a nice idea that the management have offered 500 GE for a great screenshot and an original concept.

If all six of you could please send me a PM with your account email address, I'll sort out payment.

Congratulations! And thanks to everybody who took part.

• Upvote 2

FWIW, I like the "Panthers fighting to the end"  The explosions around are very dramatic.

Other are very good too.

Wow! i cant believe that Big Game Hunting won a place and my screenshot not, i mean Big Game Hunting is not a bad screenshot but i think i doesn't meets the requirements of the contest, the contest name is "GREAT BATTLES of the Eastern Front", i don't know how the judges can relate a screenshot of  half a tank behind a tree with GREAT BATTLES,  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Edited by Raven852
medal medal medal medal

Only two of six email addresses from winning entries passed on to me so far. Please get in touch soon, it'd be a shame to miss your prize!

• Upvote 1

Four out of six winners have contacted me; I don't want to delay those guys anymore so I'm submitting the request for payments now. For the remaining two, feel free to contact me whenever you are free but the GE prize you're owed might be a bit of a wait.

Will be another contest at this time? I would love to try this again! ^.^

medal medal medal medal