Anatolik69

SU-152 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

Yeah, I think 152mm derp HE has taken a general nerf. Which is a pity. This thing is practically useless against the Tigers and Panthers it will face now. 'And it freaking always faces tigers and panthers'

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have tried, but the number of Tigers that shrug off a penetration by the top APHE round is amazing. I cannot understand how any vehicle could survive a hit from this thing that penetrates. 

Gun not accurate enough and chassis not flexible enough to pick your shots. It only sees tigers so I rate it useless right now.

From the side, it one shots them. From the front, even on a penetration it really does nearly nothing. And that is with 3 different matches that I played it, got the first kill shot and nothing.

I have tried, but the number of Tigers that shrug off a penetration by the top APHE round is amazing. I cannot understand how any vehicle could survive a hit from this thing that penetrates. 

Gun not accurate enough and chassis not flexible enough to pick your shots. It only sees tigers so I rate it useless right now.

From the side, it one shots them. From the front, even on a penetration it really does nearly nothing. And that is with 3 different matches that I played it, got the first kill shot and nothing.

Spam HE near where the turret meets the hull and you'll typically get some nasty results.

I quite enjoy it (Aside from when I mix up my ammo types, yea that will mess you up)

Sorry for the necro but I've noticed that a lot of the time the R2 reverse gear doesn't engage unless you drive forwards and backwards a little first. Has this been bug reported?

medal medal

Is the front 60mm supposed to overlap with the superstructure 75mm?

5906f5cf6a319_shot2017_05_0111_40_06.jpg5906f5d40d3bb_shot2017_05_0111_40_04.jpg

5906f66bddeda_shot2017_05_0111_48_14.jpg 

The 60mm part fits neatly with the armour behind tracks, while the 75mm seems to clip through the mud guard?

That the slope on the 60mm and 75mm is different seems also strange to me.

Visually the 60mm definitely isn't on top of the superstructure armour - a slight welding seam can be seen on the top edge of 60mm, but for the 75mm to fit behind it'd need to be a different shape.

----

Paid attention to this after shooting a Su 152 with my IS-1 and apparently having optics absorb the shot (but what probably happened was a simple non-penetration with shell exploding outside, explosion damaging optics)

Edited by tizianenel
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, tizianenel said:

Is the front 60mm supposed to overlap with the superstructure 75mm?

The 60mm part fits neatly with the armour behind tracks, while the 75mm seems to clip through the mud guard?

That the slope on the 60mm and 75mm is different seems also strange to me.

Visually the 60mm definitely isn't on top of the superstructure armour - a slight welding seam can be seen on the top edge of 60mm, but for the 75mm to fit behind it'd need to be a different shape.

----

Paid attention to this after shooting a Su 152 with my IS-1 and apparently having optics absorb the shot (but what probably happened was a simple non-penetration with shell exploding outside, explosion damaging optics)

Probably not but who knows

medal medal medal medal medal

34 minutes ago, devmaster123 said:

why is the kv2s gun have alot long reload then su 152

Because it has a turret.

medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, devmaster123 said:

why is the kv2s gun have alot long reload then su 152

Because the gun is in the turret, the shells in the back of the turret while the propellant charges are at the bottom of the tank.

medal medal medal medal medal