Anatolik69

SU-152 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

90 percent of the time 152mm HE one shots. 5 percent of the time it cripples the enemy to the point they just wreck themselves. The last 5 it just damages a non-important part of the enemy and then he laughs at you.

medal medal

90 percent of the time 152mm HE one shots. 5 percent of the time it cripples the enemy to the point they just wreck themselves. The last 5 it just damages a non-important part of the enemy and then he laughs at you.

*fires at side* *module destroyed* *tracks* -_-

medal medal medal medal

So, the Su-152.  Are people having success with the APHE ammunition or is the 152mm HE just as nasty as the Su-122 version?

medal

Stick mainly with HE, but keep about 5st APHEBC shells in case you come into situation where you can only hit upperglacis.

medal

I  have only used mine a couple times as I just got it, but I have only used HE with great success. I actually got 2 kills in one shot yesterday. 2 T-34-85's were side by side about 500m away and I slammed the first one with that 46kg HE shell and both of them instantly blew up. It was the highlight of my day.

medal medal

Use HE to destroy the gun barrel of the tiger/panther and then finish them with APHE

medal medal medal

Use HE to destroy the gun barrel of the tiger/panther and then finish them with APHE

I have been one shotting them with HE.

medal medal

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed it happening a lot? because that has happened to me 5 times in a row.
Just want your thoughts. No trolling please, I just want a simple answer.

Edited by SAUBER_KH7

As in the 152 been detonated too often or making other tanks detonate?

Because currently considering much of the internal space had ammunition stored in it it's not happening nearly enough from shooting at the thing.

Been shot at from its happening about the right amount, but it's much more accurate then it should be as well. Edited by Crag_r
medal medal

Try playing the Panzer IV F2. Then talk to me about frequent ammo detonations.

medal medal

As in the 152 been detonated too often or making other tanks detonate?

Because currently considering much of the internal space had ammunition stored in it it's not happening nearly enough from shooting at the thing.

Been shot at from its happening about the right amount, but it's much more accurate then it should be as well.

I mean the SU-152 gets it's ammo exploded a little too much.

Edited by SAUBER_KH7

I mean the SU-152 gets it's ammo exploded a little too much.

As someone that fires 88mm and 75mm APCHE (most German guns have it modelled but not named)... SU-152's are not detonating nearly as much as they should. Especially considering their ammo storage and lack of internal bulkheads... You get a HE round going off inside or a AP round entering a SU-152 and it should be going boom.
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

As someone that fires 88mm and 75mm APCHE (most German guns have it modelled but not named)... SU-152's are not detonating nearly as much as they should. Especially considering their ammo storage and lack of internal bulkheads... You get a HE round going off inside or a AP round entering a SU-152 and it should be going BOOM!

It also might be that it is over tiered. It should have it's tier reduced to tier 2 and have the same BR as the SU-122. The reason is because like the SU-122, the SU-152's accuracy is good, but its tricky getting your aim right. Also it's reload time of 30 seconds. I mean if you get rushed anywhere and you miss your shot, even if you get 1 tank out of say 3, you are doomed. So I think that it's tier and BR should be lowered ONLY because of its tendency to go "BOOM!" even at the slightest damage from a APCR or HE or AP shell, and it's reload rate. I mean, the KV-2 Which has a similar cannon and a even longer reload (40-50 seconds) and yet its tier 2 with a BR 3.7. I think the SU-152 should go on par with at least the KV-2. And maybe, just maybe, get a 2nd re spawn. Also, it may still be easy to kill at that tier and BR, but at least it would have a more fair chance of getting at least 1 kill. If this would be introduced for it, It would be at least a little more worth while even taking out to the battle field.

I mean, I get much more kills in my T-34s, T-50, and Su-85. So it would be nice if the SU-152 could get a little love and a more fair BR/tier.

And last but not least, The SU-122/152 should be more fearsome, I mean, I have driven some tier 2 German tanks (I forget their names as they are confusing at early tiers), and I have been sparked by some Su-122s and killed them with 1 or 2 shells (Mostly either APCR or AP and some times HE). So I don't fear them much unless I am critically damaged and can not move. I think I have only been killed twice by SU-122s and I have only seen a SU-152 in only 2 games when playing as Germany. But that's just my thought on this subject. :yes:

....88mm and 75mm APCHE...

APCHE? Do you mean APCR, or Hull charge? :dntknw:

Edited by SAUBER_KH7

APCHE? Do you mean APCR, or Hull charge? :dntknw:

Most of the large caliber German standard 'AP' Rounds (AP, APC, APCBC ect) have a HE filler modeled according to the Devs, its just not listed in the description. APCR rounds are separate.

medal medal

Most of the large caliber German standard 'AP' Rounds (AP, APC, APCBC ect) have a HE filler modeled according to the Devs, its just not listed in the description. APCR rounds are separate.

Ah, Thanks for the info.