just_2own

KV-1 (All Variants) - Questions, Information, Gameplay

Wrong game :P

I hear that every time I say that I liked KV-1 with ZiS cannon... It had almost none armor for its tier, awesome cannon and balistics... I liked it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I found it performed better than the first KV1 because it got slightly more penetration and APCR for other heavy tanks.  Even though people had a tougher time penetrating the first KV1, some tanks still had APCR, and even if they couldnt pen they could damage your gun and turret ring.  I had a better time when I had a guaranteed chance to pen medium tanks and APCR for other KVs.

I just got my first KV-1 in the tech tree and bought it. Ok no problems so far, but when i went to play the tank, it said "You cant play this tank without ammo: BR-***" The ammo you get from research is in the option at the beginning of the game and says i have 0/total bought. the issue is that i just got the tank, which means i cant get that ammo, so it says i cant play it. This has pissed me off and i need relief! if i cannot play it, then Gaijin and invidea are going to have a fun time dealing with hundreds of e-mails and protests from me! honestly i spent days on that tech line to get the tank, now i can't play? wtf?!? :facepalm: It might just be client side but if i cant get a response from Gaijin within a few weeks i will go to the main site and spam this same text!

Edited by Jump_Run_Stay

How about just buying the default ammo?

Edit: I don't understand what the problem is.

Edited by F1zzzy90908
medal medal

Thats the thing, i can buy all the ammo except the "newer" ammo because i haven't got it yet, and it won't let me plpay it says, without it, so im at a stuck corner, every time i try to play, i enter, it loads up the options i have for tanks to play, and when i try to "battle" the first KV-1, i can't because it says i need that second ammo, which i cant get because i don't have it at all.

Edited by Jump_Run_Stay

How about just buying the default ammo?

Edit: I don't understand what the problem is.

I think what he's saying is that he can't play because the game thinks he has no ammo, but the ammo it wants him to buy is something that has to be researched by getting RP through gameplay, so he can't research it since he can't run the tank. I think.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

that is exactly what is happening! thank you for being competant! now all i need is help

I have never seen that before... Could you maybe give us a few screenshots of the situation?

medal medal

Edit: when you load into battle what ammo is selected in your ammo tab?  You can click on it and swap it to a different ammo type while at the load-out screen.

Try that.

I'll take a screenshot so you know what I'm talking about, if this doesn't work please post a screenshot of the issue your having trouble with. 

give me a second to edit this post!

Edited by Ottobon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ok, i will try and screen shot it, it is just annoying, but if i get in to warthunder and it is gne, happy dayz :P. if not... I WILL BURN THE EARTH DOWN!!!!....  JK

NVM, it fixed itself... This Post is now not needed :P

negetive, i logged in and out a few times without trying to fix it that way and it worked

Someone on Status Thunder said the KV1 ZIS-5 is 4.7, I went to see my game and it was 3.3 on RB and SB and something else on AB (3.7 or 4.0?). I restarted my game, and there it was, KV1 ZIS-5 with a 4.7 BR on all 3 modes, with no official post on the forums about it nor a downloaded update...

I didn't pay attention to other tanks to see if those BR's were also changed.

Gaijin, is this a bug or are we back to changing BR's without notifying your users about it just like you did in the early days of this system?

Edited by Joao611
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

I can confirm this. Well, atleast the BR change in itself was the right choice.

Required an increase, yes, but this might be way too much...

EDIT: Just noticed the BR's of the Pz III L and Pz III M are both 3.7........ wat. I thought the L had a 3.3 BR? ._.

Edited by Joao611
medal medal

If thats the case then its same BR as the uparmored KV-1E premium then?
Now the German players in PzII f and Stug A will not go againts it so they will be happy but on the other hand the German PzIV F2 at BR 3.0 (unless that got changed today) will not see any Russian tank that I can think of that could pose any significant danger beside the T-34 of BR 3.7 Edited by Radom
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Think this change will benefit German side and Im not saying that this KV was not good or that it did not needed BR increase but now the German F2 might have a clear MM advantage since at BR 3.0 it will possibly see more BR 2.7 vehicles like T-50, T-80 in a match up than T-34 of BR 3.7 now that the 3.3 BR KV is gone. And the F2 with its 2 spawns, arty, and a very good gun is more than a match for the other KV-1 L11 (if I remember the designation correctly) which was BR 3.7 in RB mode.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Lol 4.7 BR gajin is drunk hahah. F2 was imba at 3.0 already. well thats just terrible. there was 1 good tank for ussr tier 1-3 now there are 0

Edited by Max__Damage
  • Upvote 1
medal medal