War Thunder CDK Fatal Error FIX for Steam version

Those who have issue with Fatal Error when trying to launch War thunder CDK for Steam version, here is the instruction how to fix it.

1. War thunder CDK will install at C:\Program files\ (its correct path if you downloaded the game from War thunder website but if you downloaded through Steam then follow next steps, for steam user please leave this folder open as you will need it later)

2. Steam installs its games in different folder path  such as (if you let it be default while you  installed steam) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\War Thunder\(this is a  default steam game folder)

3. If you have steam War thunder, make sure the path for CDK and steam War thunder is open in different windows.

4. Now need to copy the whole CDK folder to Steam  War thunder folder mentioned above (if its the same location for you)

5. Now comes confusing part; [Changing Shortcut Target and Start in path]

a) On your desktop you should see 3 icons that are: WTAssetViewer, LocationEd and WTMissioneditor

6. Now right click on WTAssetViewer and select properties, window will open, there you will be at shortcut tab.

7. In Shortcut tab you should be able to see Target and Start in that both have file path (both need to be changed)

8. The text that is in the parenthesis in the Target path change the file path with the new folder location of your game with CDK in it which is in steam folder ex:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\War Thunder\WarThunderCDK\ (make sure you leave the  assetviewer.cmd part in there, DO NOT DELETE THAT PART and make sure it's still in parenthesis.

9. For the Start in section, just change file path to ex:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\War Thunder\WarThunderCDK

10. When you click apply, a pop up message will appear requesting admin approval, just click yes and done.

11. Follow the steps 5-10 for LocationEd and WTmissionEditor

IF YOU NEED HELP/ INSTRUCTION NOT CLEAR PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I WILL FIX IT OR HELP YOU FIX YOURS :)

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Same here, the asset viewer works, the others do not.  I had to use the individual batch files in the directory.  The shortcuts didn't work.  They just opened up the directory.

medal

followed to the letter,

assetviewer works , the other 2 dont

Same here, the asset viewer works, the others do not.  I had to use the individual batch files in the directory.  The shortcuts didn't work.  They just opened up the directory.

I'm #3, Same here. Was Looking forward to having some V-1 Vs. Inf or something. and going through the Asset viewer briefly I noticed a C-47 (Military DC-3) In There, I was going to see if that worked to see it in game!

medal

I'm #3, Same here. Was Looking forward to having some V-1 Vs. Inf or something. and going through the Asset viewer briefly I noticed a C-47 (Military DC-3) In There, I was going to see if that worked to see it in game!

Well the c47 is actually already in game. In a mission with the me262

When I click apply in the WTAssetViewer Properties, after I have put in the changes for the file paths, I get a message saying that the "Start in" folder is invalid. Is there something I am doing wrong?

the mission editor you need to go in to the CDK folder and run as admin, that worked for me. let me if that fixed the issue

I had the same problem, Asset works, but the others don't and I tried running them as an Admin but it said its not recognized.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

When I tried running MissionEditer and LocationEd it says I don't have Simul_Noise_dxt.dds why is that?

It also says does not recognize WarthunderCDK\dagor3_cdk\bin64\daEditor3x-dev.exe even though its in there, I checked when you told me to run the cmd. as Admin

Edited by TwistedK9
medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

When I tried running MissionEditer and LocationEd it says I don't have Simul_Noise_dxt.dds why is that?

It also says does not recognize WarthunderCDK\dagor3_cdk\bin64\daEditor3x-dev.exe even though its in there, I checked when you told me to run the cmd. as Admin

in CDK folder there is a admin folder where you can run as admin and change some of the setting to run the missioneditor successfully 

This is what I did to get it to work:

I re-installed CDK with the latest version (Apirl 24)

Then copied all of the warthunderCDK components (UserMissions, content, and WarThunderCDK) and pasted it into my actual war thunder file.

And I go to the WarThunderCDK file and click on Assetviewer.cmd, dagored.cmd, or missioned.cmd and it worked for me.

medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, i have same problems it sais fatal error upon launching. But i didnt get this game from steam. any idea?

And sending report to developers didnt go through for some reason. 

br. matdan

• 2 months later...

When I installed the CDK I (naturally) cared to install it in SteamApps\Common\War Thunder\WarThunderCDK, so I had no issue with running the software(s) (I use Steam version of the game). I am, personally, most interested in map editor, so when I opened it, map loaded (some city, fields etc.) and I decided to make something. I wanted to test the best bomber in the game. So, when I finally realized what these illiterate-for-english Russians who made the game wrote on that god-damn-only-existing-tutorial-on-the-Internet-about-CDK on their wiki, and saved the map successufully, I tried running it, but as soon as the console disappeared window poped out and said that "it can't find C:\Program\". WELL OF COURSE YOU CAN'T FIND IT WHEN IT DOESN'T EXIST! When I created the folder, it just opened it. When I put my map in the folder, it still just opened it.

And that's not all - after the restart of my computer map editor didn't load the map anymore, instead it loaded some black flat terrain...

Please, I was looking foward to this so much, please help me. You're are my only hope in getting this work, since you are the only one I noticed offering some help about the CDK, and that knows to explain things in English (pronouncedly EXPLAIN).

• 2 months later...

When I installed the CDK I (naturally) cared to install it in SteamApps\Common\War Thunder\WarThunderCDK, so I had no issue with running the software(s) (I use Steam version of the game). I am, personally, most interested in map editor, so when I opened it, map loaded (some city, fields etc.) and I decided to make something. I wanted to test the best bomber in the game. So, when I finally realized what these illiterate-for-english Russians who made the game wrote on that god-damn-only-existing-tutorial-on-the-Internet-about-CDK on their wiki, and saved the map successufully, I tried running it, but as soon as the console disappeared window poped out and said that "it can't find C:\Program\". WELL OF COURSE YOU CAN'T FIND IT WHEN IT DOESN'T EXIST! When I created the folder, it just opened it. When I put my map in the folder, it still just opened it.

And that's not all - after the restart of my computer map editor didn't load the map anymore, instead it loaded some black flat terrain...

Please, I was looking foward to this so much, please help me. You're are my only hope in getting this work, since you are the only one I noticed offering some help about the CDK, and that knows to explain things in English (pronouncedly EXPLAIN).

I have been busy with real life stuff, I got time this weekend and i will put up a fix for the mission editor Edited by MeGoM

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
18 hours ago, yeofriendlypilot said:

I don't even know if you'll get back but I have the an issue where my computer says the C:\Program is not valid. If I put a space there it just opens up my C:\ folder and nothing else. Hope you can get back quickly. I'd love to make my own mission. I have one of the October 2016 CDK's by the way.

In that case in the installer it should let you choose where to install it too. select your war thunder folder 

medal medal medal medal medal