How do you install User Made skins?

On 8/10/2015 at 6:01 PM, slimshady04 said:

this may seem like a stupid question, but where do i find the downloaded skin files? :dntknw:  this is my first time doing it, so i need some help.

they are in the downloads folder for your user.

5 minutes ago, Gray_Wolf01 said:

Hi is there anyway to put your own decal on , ie something that you have on your desktop ??? i have seen some wicked wing patterns and i would like to put something of mine on there !!

You have to make a user skin. If you search the web there are plenty of guides

medal medal medal medal medal

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2014 at 8:38 PM, KingHaydn_V2 said:

In game, find the aircraft you want the skin for and go to customization and then create a template for said aircraft.

Go to a website where you can get skins from such as live.warthunder.com 

Download the skin

find your war thunder main folder and look for the UserSkins folder, inside it should be the template folder of the aircraft you chose.

then simply drag the downloaded skin files in there. 

done :)

i never gotten the folder which sucks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers guys! I need some help with this. I just downloaded a new skin (ripper) for my super awesome Halifax. Now, when I click on warthunder map, (see first img) I dont see "userskins". (The next image shows the skin I downloaded). Now, could anyone explain me this stuff and how to do it? if any other info is required, just say it.                           59ca9ae203101_2017-09-26(3).thumb.png.1859ca9b443634b_2017-09-26(4).thumb.png.ce

medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/21/2014 at 1:48 PM, HolyDuckTurtle said:

What if it's a two part folder?

As in, they've got a folder, with another folder within containing the actual skin? Like:

->Userskins

---> Epicsuperskinomg

-------> template_p-26

/ p-26_a.tga

/ p-26_n.tga

/ p-26.blk

Then you would take the files out and put them into the uppermost folder - noting that the ingame name of the skin is taken from the folder name. In this made up case, you would take the p26 files and put them under Epicsuperskinomg, then get rid of the now useless template_p-26 folder.

(That might be the most complex way of saying "put it in the next folder up in hierachy" ever, but hey I hope it helps)

so should i erase the "template_p-26" file after that?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest LiveFreeorDie

Ok I understand that you need to create a folder by hitting the wand when trying to load user skins. This in turn creates the folder in the UserSkin folder for you to load your new skin into. My problem is that when I try to create this new folder with in the UserSkin folder nothing appears there for me. I will run down the list of what Im doing. perhaps someone can tell me what Im doing wrong.

1. Choosing the F6F-5 I go to customize tab in WT and click on the wand. (This is when I thought the new folder would be created in the WT UserSkin folder for me to find but NO)

2. I DL the skin of choice for the F6F-5 at war thunder live.com. placing the zipped file on my desk top.

3. I then unzip the file creating a new folder on my desk top to load into the UserSkin folder. ( But adian when I look for the folder for the F6F under the UserSkin folder it is not there.

4. I then decide to paste and copy the new user skin in the user skin folder in war thunder. Yup you guessed rite if you thought nothing happens.

Should I have a new folder waiting for me when i hit the wand in WT when customizing the plane? If so where could it be as its not here. I have tried doing this on and off over the last couple years and it never works. I am not using steam and I moved the war thunder folder out of Program Files (x86) for easier access. Perhaps this could be the issue?

Please Help !!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Bluewolfe

For anyone using Windows 10, and still can't find the folder because no one here is able to clearly illustrate it. You can copy and paste this so long as you replace [user] with the name of the account you are logged into the computer with.

C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\WarThunder\UserSkins

I don't understand why many keep posting useless intel for windows 8 when it needs to be updated for the more latest OS for windows.

• 1 year later...

So i really want to make download a player made skin but the only ways I've seen to do it assume that you've installed the game via steam which I did not. To prevent this becoming a rant on my pain and suffering on how stubborn steam is imma just ask "How do I find the the folder where i put the skins if i didn't sue steam to download" Every thing else i've looked at said the War Thunder would be in Steam Apps but it's not there because i didn't want it there but i don't know where it is. Can someone help me out?

• 6 months later...

Hi I'm having trouble trying to install a custom skin. I wanted to try to install the British Mk.1 skin for the F2A Buffalo. But I don't know how to work with files and all that - I only managed to go on live.warthunder.com, look at the skin, download it and from there I don't know what to really do!

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2020 at 13:29, nathansback said:

Hi I'm having trouble trying to install a custom skin. I wanted to try to install the British Mk.1 skin for the F2A Buffalo. But I don't know how to work with files and all that - I only managed to go on live.warthunder.com, look at the skin, download it and from there I don't know what to really do!

Navigate to were you have War Thunder installed and you'll see the User Skins folder. If the skin you downloaded doesn't come with a folder create one with the appropriate name and drop the files in there. Easy.

• 5 weeks later...