How do you install User Made skins?

The skins that you download always come in folders (cause for every skin it is required at least three different files).

Found this vid, hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNZsde8vvk

medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In game, find the aircraft you want the skin for and go to customization and then create a template for said aircraft.

Go to a website where you can get skins from such as live.warthunder.com 

Download the skin

find your war thunder main folder and look for the UserSkins folder, inside it should be the template folder of the aircraft you chose.

then simply drag the downloaded skin files in there. 

done :)

But, what if there is no template for my plane I chose inside UserSkins?

But, what if there is no template for my plane I chose inside UserSkins?

That is what you download the template for (when you go to Customization and click the download button). <--- First step.

Then go to live.warthunder.com and pick the skin that you want for that plane, download it and move it to the same folder where your template was downloaded to by default, which is UserSkins.

medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

does this work with tanks as well or do you have to do something different

Yeah it does. Never used it yet but it does.

I cant find a file named UserSkins in my war thunder folder. Can anyone help me on this?

- Try first going to the game itself, on the plane you want the skin for go to Customizations and download its regular skin (it is one of those two little buttons on the right side of said Customizations window).

- Then go and download from any other site (or WT.live) the skin you picked for said plane.

- Now go to the WT folder in your pc and look for UserSkins. There's the skin that you downloaded previously.

Note: if you play WT on Steam, check the video above on this page cause it goes differently. If not, you should be ok. Anyways here's another vid without Steam. Hope it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIokUNp4aH8

medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I try finding the war thunder folder to find the user skins folder, I can't find the war thunder folder at all can someone help

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\War Thunder

If you don't use Steam it should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\War Thunder

Create a folder called "UserSkins" (without the quotes) and drop the downloaded folder in that.

Edited by Springfield3006
medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\War Thunder

If you don't use Steam it should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\War Thunder

Create a folder called "UserSkins" (without the quotes) and drop the downloaded folder in that.

Umm, it dont works, i just see a folder named WarThunder, another named Saves, another named 38569581, another named Production, and some BLK archives named Global.blk, Machine.BLK, machine.id, Storage.blk

Pd: i dont understand what "grammer" means, plus, im not from a english country, and im a begginer on english, so sorry if i gave you visual cancer reading this

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the help.....   :facepalm:

Figured out the issue. 

I use firefox, and on some of the skins all that downloads is an unusable file with no extension.

If I switch to another browser I get the proper zip file with the various .tga & .blk files.

Question: What browser did you use? I have tried multiple and the file I try to download only downloads an image

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have the template folders in the UserSkins folder, now do I just put the user skins in them?

yes, i think so

medal medal

Hello, I was trying to use a user skin for a few different tanks and I don’t know how to get it to work :dntknw:.  Also I do not have a UserSkin folder, I am using linux.

Hi, your UserSkin folder will be created automatically when you download the first default skin.

So go in game and click on the Customization button of the tank you want to edit, then click on the little wand button (see the pic for reference). 

As for the location of the folder just created, I'm not sure of how it goes on Linux but they're usually hidden so you have to search on the War Thunder folder.

Hope this helps. 

medal medal

• 2 months later...
On April 19, 2014 at 5:38 PM, KingHaydn_V2 said:

In game, find the aircraft you want the skin for and go to customization and then create a template for said aircraft.

Go to a website where you can get skins from such as live.warthunder.com 

Download the skin

find your war thunder main folder and look for the UserSkins folder, inside it should be the template folder of the aircraft you chose.

then simply drag the downloaded skin files in there. 

done :)

Does this work on a Mac/OSX operating system?