__oz__

Can someone shed some light of on the b-17 flying fortress on War thunder please? I,m a big fan of this bird and would like to see some screenshots of gunners ,bombardeer and pilot positions if possible. Also , whats the gameplay like with the b-17? and can you have a choise of noseart?

• Upvote 3

They just do not let us give everyone that informations :) NDA - non-disclosesure agreement... Google it for more...

I think i can only say that now I know why they named it "Flying Fortress" :)

There are screenshoots on mainpage

I know but there are no screenshots of the gunners or bombadier position. But thanks for the info anyway. Guess ill just have to wait for it to become available.

Guest P_H_Clostermann

All we can say is; It flys- It's big- It's American.

And americans seemed to love turrets everywhere in ww2.

And I actualy doubt that a single b17 was without nose or tail art in ww2.

Whats a duracell commercial got to do with this? Anyway why isnt the b-17 never featured in any of the user made youtube clips ? Ive seen just about every single aircraft featured , but the b-17 seems to be passed over every single time.

All we can say is; It flys- It's big- It's American.

And americans seemed to love turrets everywhere in ww2.

And I actualy doubt that a single b17 was without nose or tail art in ww2.

yes but i have yet to see noseart in any of the screenshot of the fortress ive seen so far..

Guest 4brkfast

By entering the Closed Beta of Warthunder you agree to the Non-Disclosure Agreement.

No information is to be provided about the game outside of the Closed Beta section of the forum.

It is clearly written at the top of the open forum, you have to read it.

LA VERDAD ES QUE EL B17 G EN EL JUEGO TIENE UN GRAN PROBLEMA CON LA TORRETA DE ABAJO NO SE MUEVE NI DISPARA Y EL B24 LAS BALAS DEL ARTILLERO DE COLA CAEN MUY RAPIDO ASIA BAJO

B-17s have just been built , we still have a few variants to complete, but when the FM goes into game, i think you will be very pleased

• 4 weeks later...

By entering the Closed Beta of Warthunder you agree to the Non-Disclosure Agreement.

But we're in Open Beta. No? (everyone can register and play at will - this doesn't seem to me anywhere near "closed")

medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...

is the b17 a good bomber in game ? i have just hit level 10 in the usa tree and am obviously working towards the B17, so i just want to know ... is it worth the grind? can it take the punishment that it could in real life? eny fellow b17 pilots like to give comment ...?

thanks

I really enjoy my B-17, both the E, E/L and G models.

Can take quite hell of a pounding and still deliver that payload.

Though G is bit bugged right now with it's engines, old engine gets you easily to 330km/h while new engine only peaks around 260 km/h.

The varied loadouts are also good, depending on what map you'll get. If there's lot of soft targets (Port), 16x500lb's is great choice, but overall the 8x1000lb loadout is the most common one.

B17 can easily also take out airports, if there's no jet fighters present. Only those things are counters for them. Piston engines get chewed up by the gunners.

Not only they are good, they are super OP. Only thing that can kill em are jets and maybe some lucky attackers. (Me410 with the 50mm might have the biggest chance)

You can simply fly around the map without getting ground targets, and you will still recieve 1-5 air kills by chewing up the planes trying to take you down. The more the better, not like they can do anything to you.

Also, you can take out whole airports with your amazing loadout in a few runs.

All i managed to do to counter these planes it to ram them at high speed. Ram them at low speed and they will keep on flying.

Don't get me wrong, I am not raging here, but this is the situation.

I understand they are supposed to be tough, but right now, due to lack of DM's they are invincible.

• Upvote 1