Ikazuchi01

The Japanese Armored Vehicle (Rare) Photo Thread

Type 94 Te-Ke with 37mm tank gun (tankette):

Type_94_37mm_tank_gun.jpg

Sumida Model P armored car:

57_13.jpg

(technically not "armored" but) Type 97 Motorcycle with mounted gun on sidecar - a military motorcycle produced from 1935 in Japan under licence from Harley-Davidson by the Sankyo Company (later Rikuo Nainen Company)  Here's a 1/72 model: https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/PitRoad+135+IJA+Type+97+Motorcycle+Combination+Rikuo+wType+92+Machine+Gun+G21/21626/#.U8XWNfldXmc

57_14.jpg

Chiyoda Armored Car:

chiyoda.jpg

Edited by Grimsweord
  • Upvote 2

Those are my ideas .

Sorry , no images .

Source : Wikepedia (And some of my Intelligence)

Click on the links , so you can found more informations . ---- If that its spam , I will remove ---

=======LIGHT TANKS========

-Type 92 Jyu-Sokosha

-Type 94 tankette Tankette

-Type 97 Te-Ke Tankette

=========LIGHT TANKS=========

-Type 92 Jyu-Sokosha Combat Car

-Type 93 Light tank

-Type 95 Ke-Nu Rail tank

-Type 95 Ha-Go Light tank

-Type 98 Ke-Ni Light tank

-Type 2 Ke-To Light tank

-Type 4 Ke-Nu Light tank

-Type 3 Ke-Ri Light tank

-Type 5 Ke-Ho Light tank

-Type 97 Chi-Ni

===========MEDIUM TANKS========

-Type 89 Chi-Ro Yi-Go Medium Tank

-Type 97 Chi-Ha Medium Tank

-Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha improved Medium Tank

-Command Tank "Shi-Ki"

-Type 98 Chi-Ho Medium Tank

-Type 2 Ho-I Infantry Support Tank

-Type 1 Chi-He Medium Tank

-Type 3 Chi-Nu Medium Tank

-Type 4 Chi-To Medium Tank

-Type 5 Chi-Ri Medium Tank

========HEAVY TANKS========

-Type 95 Heavy Tank

-Super-Heavy tank "O-I"

• Upvote 1

You got it blankfile!  II am not sure if it is an early, mid, or late production model since the number of bogies / wheels is more than I usually see on models equipped with the Type 92 heavy machine gun in the hull.

Early:

193604.jpg

Early:

3.JPG

Late Production w/ 13mm heavy machine cannon in hull:

4.JPG

Edited by Grimsweord
  • Upvote 1

It appears to be a mid-model from the battle of Rehe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rehe

type_92_Jyu-Sokosha_early1.png 
A Type 92 first production model. Initial armament was two light 6.6 mm type 91, with one mounted in the hull. Belongs to a Cavalry division which took part in the attack of Harbin, 1932.

type_92_Jyu-Sokosha_early2.png 
A standard, rearmed early production type 92. Notice the 13.2mm heavy Mg in the hull. First Special Tank Company of the 8th Division, battle of Rehe, march 1933.

type_92_Jyu-Sokosha_late.png 

A late type 92, Mandchuria, april 1942. Modifications included a new drivetrain, new portholes and vision slits, a new light turret machine gun, the 7.7mm type 96. 

More images!

BA-6 armored car captured by Japanese in the course of July 6-7 fights in Khalkin Gol and given Japanese markings. According to its tactical signs it was the 2nd car/2nd battalion/1st Company/2nd platoon with 122mm howitzer mod.  originally 1909/30 from the 175th Artillery Regiment. BA-6 armored car equipped with radio transmitter belonged to the 9th Motorized Armored Brigade. Eastern riverside of Khalkha, July 1939.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BA-3/6

BA_6_07.jpg

BA_6_pic2.jpg

Edited by Grimsweord
  • Upvote 1

Note the headlights on the last Type 89.  Can you name the small tank in the first photo?

57_19.jpg

57_20.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Grimsweord
  • Upvote 2

Sumida M.2593

One Sumida armored rail car apparently hooked up to pull another. Note the rubber wheels that can be fitted for road use.

12_4.jpg

2. Chi-Ni prototype:

experimental_chini.jpg

Chi-Ni side:

experimental_chini_1.jpg

Edited by Grimsweord
  • Upvote 1

Type 94 TK Late with 37mm gun:

type_94_tk_armoured_transport_tankette_l

Type 94 TK Early with Machine gun:

9562327151_e07187b18d_b.jpg

Type 94 with chemical weapon dispersal trailer (crew wore gas masks, note sealed machine gun turret):

Jap_Model94_De_Gas_Attack_Trailer.jpg

Edited by Grimsweord
  • Upvote 1

A couple of shots of the same Sumida P Armored Car from Ishikawajima auto -- what is shown here actually is the Type 90 Naval Forces Armored Car = there are some minor differences with the later Army model in armament (namely that the later 91 had a fixed machine gun in the turret while the 90 had only several gun slits to accommodate machine guns) -- note the same markings in both photos identifying this vehicle as Hokoku - 1, after the donation organization.  I assume the second photo is from when it was first donated in Japan, this first one showing it in "action" patrolling the streets of Shanghai.

Note the machine guns visible from the gun slits in the first photo, absent on the second, while the second does show a machine gun installed, this was apparently not a "fixed" placement, and it is noticably missing from the first photo.

08_EEEJapanesemarinestype92.jpg

57_13.jpg

Page_1_Naval_Type90.jpg

Edited by Grimsweord

Whippet:

57_23.jpg

Type 92 Armored Vehicle w/ cannon:

57_24.jpg

Type 97 TK with only machine gun:

Note: The main armament was the Type 94 37 mm tank gun, with 96 rounds, barrel length of 136 cm (L36.7), EL angle of fire of −15 to +20 degrees, AZ angle of fire of 20 degrees, muzzle velocity of 600 m/s, penetration of 45 mm/300 m, which was also used by Type 95 Ha-Go. However, due to shortages in the production of this weapon, most vehicles were fitted with a 7.7 mm Type 97 machine gun instead.[3]

type_97_with_machine_gun.jpg

Edited by Grimsweord
  • Upvote 1

Rare shot of the Type 3 Ka-Chi (I think even Zaloga said there was a "sole known photo" of the one making its landing with a commander standing up top. Note this one lacks a commander's cupola above the turret, but the number of wheels mark it as clearly a Ka-Chi. The rusted pontoons suggest the photo was taken after the war.

t3amph.jpg

Type 98 6-ton Primemover "Ro-Ke":  (quite a nice original soldier's photo I placed a bid on without success)

57_26.jpg

Edited by Grimsweord
  • Upvote 2

More - can you name them all? How about the small ones in the second image?

ho_to.png

img042a.jpg

Edited by Grimsweord
  • Upvote 1

More - can you name them all? How about the small ones in the second image?

ho_to.png
img042a.jpg

The first one is a type 4 Ho-Ro.
The second is the type 89 I-Go
I think the small one is a type 98 Ke-Ni Edited by fufubear
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

All right! except the last one. It's much older, to match the age of the Type 89. Note the lack of turrets.

A hint, it's not a Japanese design and it has Mark VI in the name.

Edited by Grimsweord

That first pic was a Ho-To, not a Ho-Ro ;)

check the number of drivewheels and how the setup is, this is clearly ha-go suspension and not chi-ha.

and those others are carden lloyd tankettes, of which later japanese tankettes were based on.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal