ROMMEL34

The Henschel Hs 129 B and its in-game problems

Problem #1: Fire bug/No armor/Explosive tail

It is the most fragile/most vulnerable plane I ever played. Imho there is currently no plane which is more specialized for ground attack (not meaning it is the most effective in that role) and more vulnerable to other planes. But if that is not enough, it is seemingly the most combustable plane in the german arsenal and pretty easily shot down by rifle-bullets from ground vehicles even. Never before have I had a plane completely desintegrating from enemy fire than this one.

The HS.129B has a very bugged DM ATM, making it a flying deathtrap. All rounds to the tail from behind act as hits, but don't actually hit the aircraft(no indicator). The engines are also set on-fire by any round that touches them, which causes death either instantly or within 5 seconds.

Listen carefully, once again: HS-129 catches fire and explodes almost EVERY TIME, from SHORT bursts, from negligible damage, and it burns and explodes due to the damage to EMPTY fuel tanks and engines that have fire extinguishers. Also HS-129 has EXPLODING TAIL. Do you get it? You get hit IN THE TAIL and it explodes. Not gets set on fire, just explodes. This plane is EXTREMELY fragile. And there is a HUGE difference between the plane EXPLODING and the whole tail being blown off, and losing elevator/rudder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QO-JrBKTwk

b9626o.jpg

gr2v.jpg

im4o.jpg

129-armor-screenxfor0.jpg

286wawo.png Edited by ROMMEL34
  • Upvote 26

Problem #2: Overdone control ineffectiveness

don't bother with the Hs.129, they gave it the ailerons and elevator from a B-17, rudder doesn't even exist and this thing shifts so slowly that you are just asking to be dived on. Whoever tested this FM and went "Hmmm yeah this seems about right." should get kicked in the testies.

Doesn't dive very well

Why ?? WHY NERF THE ELEVATOR OF A PLANE THAT IS ALREADY CRAP ????

I am sooo glad I am not the only one this happened to. First three matches I firmley buried the plane in the ground or crashed it in a house/tree just because it wouldn't pull up from a 10% "dive"!

28bwtiq.png

8ygpps.jpg

ei8bcz.jpg

20ib51l.jpg

21j6npi.jpg

11l623c.jpg

2hqcysh.jpg

jjxnko.jpg Edited by ROMMEL34
  • Upvote 26

Problem #3: Missing ordnance

There does feel like something missing. Surely it could hold bigger bombs?

Half of its ammunition is missing in the game

In the description for the Hs 129 B-2 it states: "Choosing the bombs means you loose the 30mm cannon". This statement is not correct as the Hs 129 B-2 could be equipped with 2 x SC 50 bombs under the wings in addition to the 30mm cannon

The only thing I wish Gaijin would do is add the bomb pylons that existed out on the wing. Some Hs-129s could have the 30mm Mk103 cannon and two 50kg bombs on the wing pylons

11c8495.jpg

zxnc.jpg

g78q.jpg

16xv.jpg

bgskgj.jpg

1299m.jpg

aebr77.jpg

24wym37.jpg

Edited by ROMMEL34
  • Upvote 28

Problem #4: Missing optic

hard to consistently hit specific tank parts like turrets because of the missing optic

(Right now its pretty hard to aim for tiny parts of the tank without the proper tank gunsight that it had)

2mmv4nn.jpg

9srn.jpg

nni2.jpg

Edited by ROMMEL34
  • Upvote 25

Conclusion

- undermodeled armor, comical flammability, and durability issues compared to similarly thick aircraft such as the IL2:gzfo.jpg

- missing fire extinguisher (see item #17 in the polish picture in the original post)

explosive tail

- elevator ineffectiveness

- cannot commit to a 30° dive against tanks without crashing into the ground. (Deliberate nerf by Gaijin?) This reduces the effectiveness of the MK 103 against a sloping target

- incorrect amount of ammunition for the MG 17 and MG 151 weapons

- missing wing bomb racks

- inability to carry a MK 103 cannon and wing bomb racks at the same time in-game which is contrary to the aircraft's manual

- missing 1 x 250 kg centerline bomb loadout

- missing 6 x 50 kg bomb loadout

- missing SD 2 bomblet

- missing SD 4 anti-tank hollow charge bomblet

- missing 4 x MG 17 centerline strafing weapons

- missing ZFR 3A optic for BK 7.5 cannon

- missing the ability to jettison the BK 7.5 during a single-engine flight emergency

* possible incorrect amount of ammunition for the BK 3.7 cannon

* possible incorrect total fuel amount / flight endurance /range

Edited by ROMMEL34
  • Upvote 64

Support, great work

I would love to fly this plane as it is totally dedicated to ground attack, but if a fighter above me starts firing at one of my teamates and one of the empty shell casings happen to bump into my tail, I explode.

This thing gets my vote for most broke a** plane in the game.

• Upvote 5
medal medal

This thing really needs fixing. The HS-129 was designed to take a beating from small arms fire/ground fire. In the game, it explodes from a rifle caliber bullet fired from a vehicle.

Things that need to be improved on the HS-129 in a nutshell:

Damage model (Hs-129 has a DM similar to a Zero)

Flight Model (Terrible rudder authority) If WW2 pilots said the Hs-129 was a "joy to fly" then make it one.

Ordinance (It doesn't have all the proper ordinance available to it)

Gunsight (Right now its pretty hard to aim for tiny parts of the tank without the proper tank gunsight that it had.)

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Problem #5: Missing the ability to jettison the BK 7.5 during single engine flight:

4tuib5.jpg

a57okg.jpg

• Upvote 16

you already send it to bug report or something like that? you have ALOT of sources to back your thing up

If anyone has more Hs 129 errors to contribute please post them here and later Ill copy the entire thread to bug reports section

• Upvote 5

The muzzleFlash of 75mm is bugged.

Engines are dying by themselves sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBeZehItD8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTzz_5gGLxs

Also: 3 self sealing fuel tanks with 5mm of armor on sides (5mm on sides of oil tanks xxx well)

Pilot is dying in seconds if on fire.

There is hs-129 with camera. Watch how fast it can pull up after dive. In game is way slower.

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/second-world-war/the-henschel-hs-129/660847450001/

another clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfR41HTXQGw

Edited by swirekster
  • Upvote 3
medal

Problem #6: Incorrectly positioned ZFR 3A optic:

24mw4s2.jpg

71mz9z.jpg

23r713r.jpg

Edited by ROMMEL34
  • Upvote 11

Problem #7: Incorrect maximum permissible speed (~668km/h in-game):

2qi0lxc.jpg

14agevt.jpg

Edited by ROMMEL34
  • Upvote 8

I also would like to see these fixes pushed through.  Please.

• Upvote 2

I have no sources for this, but I'm petty sure that the BK 37 didn't have only 12 rounds when mounted on the Hs 129.

I've read that one of the advantages the BK 37 had over the MK103 was more ammo. Perhaps not more individual rounds, but an effectively bigger load when taking each round's effectiveness into account.

Similarly I've also read that the advantage the Hs 129 had over the Ju 87 G was the ability to carry ammo internally in the fuselage enabling a higher ammo load.

OP seems to have a lot of material at hand, so I wonder if there are any sources that list the number of 37mm rounds the Hs 129 carried?

medal medal

I had 3 books about Hs 129 and there is not any information about more ammo for BK 3,7. Only 12 rounds as in the Ju 87 G. And also there is not any info about used this weapon in the combat. The BK 3,7 were needed for Ju-87 and MK-103 was good weapon. Edited by Packal
medal medal medal medal medal medal

the hs 129 b3 is one xxxx floral,whit very luck can kill one tank,the next is die for:enemy aaa,enemy planes,enemy tanks,enemy trees,enemy ground,enemy stones and your elevator.

Edited by poopooo
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Please fix this. Plane has been broken for sooooooo long.
The telescopic sight was removed from the me 410 and was never even on the 129 in game. Fix this!
  • Upvote 2

All the information I have found on the BK 3,7 on the Hs 129 all state 12 rounds. Some other information I have found about the Hs 129 is that they mounted another 30mm to this plane. The MK 101.

Different Armaments of the Hs 129
[spoiler]FKjZ84A.gif[/spoiler]
Cross-section of Hs 129 showing Mk 101, Mk 103, and 4 Mg 17 set ups in order of showing downward. (I wish this cross-section has the set up for the BK 3,7)
[spoiler]M9LnHDp.jpg[/spoiler]

Another picture of the Mg 17 and MK 101 set up.
[spoiler]weLMOjf.jpg[/spoiler]

The MK 101 had a 30 round drum magazine. Also some pretty lethal tungsten ammunition. http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php/4127-Luftwaffe-Cannons-amp-Machineguns?p=92296#post92296

Edited by Broadside
  • Upvote 8

All the information I have found on the BK 3,7 on the Hs 129 all state 12 rounds. Some other information I have found about the Hs 129 is that they mounted another 30mm to this plane. The MK 101.

Different Armaments of the Hs 129
[spoiler]FKjZ84A.gif[/spoiler]
Cross-section of Hs 129 showing Mk 101, Mk 103, and 4 Mg 17 set ups in order of showing downward. (I wish this cross-section has the set up for the BK 3,7)
[spoiler]M9LnHDp.jpg[/spoiler]

Another picture of the Mg 17 and MK 101 set up.
[spoiler]weLMOjf.jpg[/spoiler]

The MK 101 had a 30 round drum magazine. Also some pretty lethal tungsten ammunition. http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php/4127-Luftwaffe-Cannons-amp-Machineguns?p=92296#post92296

The MK101 was basically just a heavier MK103. No reason to have it as an option when we already have the MK103.

For different planes on the other hand that never used the MK103, but used the MK101 it would be a nice addition (e.g Bf 110 and Do 217).

The rounds should also be identical between the two.

• Upvote 2
medal medal

The MK101 was basically just a heavier MK103. No reason to have it as an option when we already have the MK103.

For different planes on the other hand that never used the MK103, but used the MK101 it would be a nice addition (e.g Bf 110 and Do 217).

The rounds should also be identical between the two.

I still think it should be an option. While you are more likely to hurt yourself equipping it then the MK 103 its no different from equipping the BK 3,7 to your plane. If the plane had it it should get it.

• Upvote 2