James_Smith29024

Who used to play navyfield?

60 posts in this topic

Hey ! I did !

And I still throw my H39 in battle from time to times (not often though).

I "migrated" here when EU servers were about to close definitely, and it was unsure if our accounts could be transfered to NA servers.

Turned out it did, and I log in when I want to fire some 16" (or bigger) naval cannons.

Have you stopped playing or do you still launch the game occasionaly ?

Fly safe  :salute:

BOATS

that looks fun as hell xD I'm gonna start playing it

now i'll have all 3, boats, pranes, and tonks (from 'that other game') haha

Yeah a little but I was in the subs ruined it camp. Aside from that I have played Pacific storm, battle stations, dangerous waters and countless silent hunter mods. As well as currently alpha testing that other companies navy game.

I was disappointed in Dangerous Waters. The Tutorials for Sub Command were amazing, and there were none to be found in DW.

I used to - but haven't played it for like 2 years, and my acc wasn't migrated to the US server.

I joined like 4 years ago - couldn't play much but still - and it nicely showed how the game went downhill. There used to be two EU servers, Vanguard and Bismarck. Later they merged into one, as the pop declined - Europa. Then the EU died away almost completely.

As a newbie, I went for the Kriegsmarine, and when I realized what a huge mistake I made, it was far too late. The destroyers and light cruisers were decent fun, but the first "battleship" was the Scharnhorst - OH MY GOD what a travesty. Only then I realized that Kriegsmarine battleships are disgustigly hard to play it right. Gerrys had no armor and long range but no damage guns, combined with decent speed.

Then I converted into carriers, even had a Graf Zeppelin, but with the lack of sufficient amount/level pilots, credits, premium, the game eventually lost its charm.

Long story short: The game was fun, until the flaws began to overwrite the fun elements. After years of virtually no significant developement, the neglected game lost most of its playerbase, and now it's only a shadow of what it was.

Used to play it like 4? years ago? 

Played Brits but only up to the second BB. I guess that game is quite typical for a "Korea grind".

And just when the "Blitzkrieg" rooms became less and less, so having some random lowlvl fun was getting hard, I discovered that Closed Beta of this thing called World of Tanks in the NF-Forums...

Most of the people that I came to this game with were original navyfield players, we kind of stopped when world of tanks was released because of the pre-tense/hope that they would do world of warships as well but ended up here instead ^_^

Edited by Tarskin

I used to play many years back, myself and a few others used to run one of the largest Australian navyfield clan, i think we ended up with around almost 400 members.. it was good while it lasted, nice and laid back.. it just got too much work so we chucked it in.

I play Navyfield ,too. BBs and CVs are very lethal in my hands, but I can´t play longer then 7 days in a row before it gets boring

Did they ever decide to bring NF2 to the States? Their website has claimed "soon" for a full year come May.

10 years ago,I played Navyfield(SD.KOREA). KID!

Look forward to the early launch of WT naval.

The way of game combat aircraft carrier is interested,

是用大炮打仗?是驾驶飞机战斗?或者组织团队成员战斗?

Is the use of guns to fight? Driving aircraft combat? Or organize team members to fight?

I used to play NF. Loved the gameplay, but hated the grind. After a few years of playing, I managed to get the British BB1 (don't remember whether I went Nelson or the other one). I was going for the IJN subs and carriers (cause torps in NF are awesome!). I was so close to both, but eventually I ran out of space on my computer, and had to prioritize which games to keep and which to delete. The game was okay, but I thought that the excessive grinding ultimately put it too low on my list to keep (one of my favorite points of WT, BTW. The grinding is extensive, but not overwhelming by comparison to some other games I have played). 

EDIT: I don't think it is even fair to say "extensive." Played for what feels like a year and I am already approaching jets. Not bad!

Edited by starkwolf

I still log in from time to time. I have been playing since late 2008/early 2009... and still my highest tier ship was a BB III. I had a lot of fun with the mates from my fleet; sadly, I think only one of over 50 is still active. Good old times, though... and the grind, the grind. The people here who complain about the grind... it is nothing when compared to Navy FIELD. On the other hand, I think all that grind made us better players, by forcing us to "evolve or die" in our ships.

Edited by Richardsen

Several of my friends used to play it, but I never got around to installing the client. I did download the installer at some point, though :)

yes same here     played NF for 3-4 years  started in the beta.

AZ server,

they have changed so many times

Did they ever decide to bring NF2 to the States? Their website has claimed "Soon™™" for a full year come May.

They did. People tested it (me and the clan I am in) it sucked. They took it down to rework it.

XXXXXXX

;)

Good old times

Navy Field ex-player here, played a lot of Battlestations Midway/Pacific too. =)

Did Play Navyfield up until the point where they introduced subs and that malignant "Anti-cheat" program that messed up my whole client. Also was in the Closed Beta for NF2, but was dissapointed that the game got dumbed down a lot and generally didn't seem to be a big step up from the former title.

I did also navyfield and navyfield2, now waiting naval version of warthunder and world of warships.