Armyguy

T-35 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

yeah it's fun, i'd only get it for the novelty factor though

Yep, thanks to being soviet, it's getting (or has gotten, didn't bother logging in for a while) a BR reduction to 1.0 and becoming a pay2win item.

;_; cursed bussian Rias! 1000 curses upon the OP russian ammo locker! 

medal medal medal medal

yeah it's fun, i'd only get it for the novelty factor though

;_; cursed bussian Rias! 1000 curses upon the OP russian ammo locker! 

I didn't say it's because of bias... it's just a matter of fact that Germany/Japan do not get such BR drops NOR do they get such interesting vehicles.

All Axis gets are some reskins... partially even of not-so-interesting own planes/tanks

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I didn't say it's because of bias... it's just a matter of fact that Germany/Japan do not get such BR drops NOR do they get such interesting vehicles.

All Axis gets are some reskins... partially even of not-so-interesting own planes/tanks

in a way you have a point. The F6F is a major offender. But the T-35 is a weak tank.
medal medal medal medal

in a way you have a point. The F6F is a major offender. But the T-35 is a weak tank.

The thing is, that it's weakness is being slow, big and weakly armored... sure, we all know that.

However: Gaijin is going to rate it only for that.

It has 2 turrets as powerful as the best one available in 1.0, but with a better turret traverse.

On top of that, it has a 75mm "Mortar" which can and will effectively 1-shot pretty much everything it can face.

It would be reasonably fine against soviet tanks with the 45mm Gun, as it has a very good after-armor effect and can face off and cripple the T-35 enough to get off more shots.

Panzer II with their 20mm will however look at a fat bullet sponge, the chance of really crippling it to that degree isn't that high and takes some time which allows the T-35 to land a shot on you and wipe you out.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind if the T-35 was 1.7 atm and would drop to 1.0 because it gets wrecked... but such a drop from 2.3 (i think) in the first BR-change after it's added? In a Game that ignores BR-issues on other Vehicles over a year despite the community being absolutely enraged about it?

I mean there wasn't any huge load of threads saying "OMG T-35 UP", at least no well-supported ones... on the other hand we have HUNDREDS of threads about Matchmaking or specific Battlerating issues, where over 90% of the community are acknowledging that changes need to be done.

1.3 BR drops? I'd understand it for a Spitfire Mk.Vc, many German/Japanese vehicles, many Bombers from all nations etc. but seeing a Soviet Premium Vehicle having it's BR adjusted downwards THAT quickly (seriously, most people have hardly figured out how the turrets work) after release does leave a bad taste... for me at least.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

:learn:

The thing is, that it's weakness is being slow, big and weakly armored... sure, we all know that.

However: Gaijin is going to rate it only for that.

It has 2 turrets as powerful as the best one available in 1.0, but with a better turret traverse.

On top of that, it has a 75mm "Mortar" which can and will effectively 1-shot pretty much everything it can face.

It would be reasonably fine against soviet tanks with the 45mm Gun, as it has a very good after-armor effect and can face off and cripple the T-35 enough to get off more shots.

Panzer II with their 20mm will however look at a fat bullet sponge, the chance of really crippling it to that degree isn't that high and takes some time which allows the T-35 to land a shot on you and wipe you out.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind if the T-35 was 1.7 atm and would drop to 1.0 because it gets wrecked... but such a drop from 2.3 (i think) in the first BR-change after it's added? In a Game that ignores BR-issues on other Vehicles over a year despite the community being absolutely enraged about it?

I mean there wasn't any huge load of threads saying "OMG T-35 UP", at least no well-supported ones... on the other hand we have HUNDREDS of threads about Matchmaking or specific Battlerating issues, where over 90% of the community are acknowledging that changes need to be done.

1.3 BR drops? I'd understand it for a Spitfire Mk.Vc, many German/Japanese vehicles, many Bombers from all nations etc. but seeing a Soviet Premium Vehicle having it's BR adjusted downwards THAT quickly (seriously, most people have hardly figured out how the turrets work) after release does leave a bad taste... for me at least.

• Upvote 1

Just out of interest can you name many "interesting" but not "OP" German tanks?

It is glorious product of motherland...Forged by the hands of Stalin himself..

Why not buy?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just out of interest can you name many "interesting" but not "OP" German tanks?

Magirus ARW

Panzer I Ausf. F

15 cm sIG 33 (Sf) auf Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf B "Bison"

Dicker Max

Sturer Emil

Semovente da 20/70 Quadruplo (Italian AA Tank, only one build and captured by Germans, used in combat)

8.8cm Flak 18 Selbstfahrlafette auf Zugkraftwagen 12t

Panzer III Ausf L mit Waffe 0725

Leichttraktor

...  the only premium vehicle worth mentioning for Germany is the KV-1, which is the only one where Gaijin made some effort (and it still has the wrong turret)... and maybe the Pack-Only tanks, but I'm so not gonna buy another Pack while sitting on 13k+ GE with nothing to spend for.

medal medal

Yes it's fun. Alot of fun, and Pretty Unique until the US Multi -Turret Tanks come out I think.

But it is a big slow target so if people know where to aim ((Ammo rack in the center)) It falls apart pretty fast.

• Upvote 1

the thing is that it's still relatively rare; a well placed shot from a BT-7 or T-26 can take it out pretty easily, but in most maps at medium range its a nightmare to face, and eminently fun to play. Fighting in poland in the city can get you as many as 14 or more kills. one problem, however, is that the T-35's 45mm sub-turrets aren't synced to use the main scope, so aiming with them can be a chore.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi, so I've heard that some T-35's were equipped with the L-10 76.2mm cannon instead of the KT-28 76.2mm cannon? I think this should be included. What do you think?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

No, that would have to be a separate tank. (if it's true, and I don't think it is)

Edited by Hunter12396

No, that would have to be a separate tank. (if it's true, and I don't think it is)

I was just thinking, the in-game information told something about some of them being eguipped with the L-10 instead of the KT-28.

It appears true of the T-28, and the T-28 and T-35 have the same turret, so theoretically it's possible.

Edited by Hunter12396
  • Upvote 1

"In 1938, the L-10 tank cannon was proposed for the main turret weapon, but the representatives of the ABTU (the "Auto-Tank Directorate") abandoned this idea, considering the power of the KT-28 enough for the purpose of defeating enemy armored vehicles and the accompaniment of attacking infantry was provided for by the two 45-mm cannons."

~ Solyankin, M.Pavlov, I.Pavlov, I.Zheltov (2002). Otechestvennye Bronirovannye Mashiny (Homeland Armored Machines) 20th Century, Vol. I, 1905-1941 (1st Edition (Russian) ed.). Moscow: Publishing Center "Eksprint". pp. 343

Edited by AtlasWH

"In 1938, the L-10 tank cannon was proposed for the main turret weapon, but the representatives of the ABTU (the "Auto-Tank Directorate") abandoned this idea, considering the power of the KT-28 enough for the purpose of defeating enemy armored vehicles and the accompaniment of attacking infantry was provided for by the two 45-mm cannons."

~ Solyankin, M.Pavlov, I.Pavlov, I.Zheltov (2002). Otechestvennye Bronirovannye Mashiny (Homeland Armored Machines) 20th Century, Vol. I, 1905-1941 (1st Edition (Russian) ed.). Moscow: Publishing Center "Eksprint". pp. 343

I assume that means there's no way to get the L-10 for it :(

What ammo are u using

I have difficulties in getting kills with it

I use AP and Shrapnel for the 76.2mm, for the 45's I use mainly AP.  :salute: