ThatHipTurtle

RCAF Roundel

New RCAF Roundel  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Seeing how the current RCAF Roundel in Warthunder isn't the classic one, I want to ask how many of you think the older one should replace it. Should the RCAF Roundel be replaced with the older one?

I, being a proud Canadian, think that the current RCAF roundel in-game should be replaced with the older one that was used in WWII (Old Maple Leaf). I want to make this topic known to the devs, and historical members of the Gaijin team. If this topic gets noticed enough, and lots of people agree that it should be replaced, I hope Gaijin will replace the current roundel.
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I for one fully support this, not that it really matters what I think...

I'd like to someday see all of the roundels, both modern and WWII-era, at least for all the countries that took part in the war in some form or another. And you don't even need to look very far to find them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_aircraft_insignia#Former_insignia_of_national_air_forces

So if anyone with some influence would campaign for their addition, maybe we could see them i the game sooner rather than later or never.

There's a better version of that other RCAF roundel in there too, although it says 1946-1965. Still, I'd like you guys to get what you want so you can start covering that british roundel with something closer to the war-time period :)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

yes, got my vote, but I think the most important issue with the RCAF roundel is the fact that it is upside down on the wings.........I have mentioned this before with no response 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Rcaf_roundel_old_wht.pngRCAF.png

neither of those is correct for world war 2 era. the leaf didn't appear until 1946. personally, i'd make sure both eras are covered.

The_Royal_Canadian_Air_Force_in_Tunisia,

In_Colour_0003.jpg

Edited by letherneck

I'm for using the more accurate RCAF roundel but the actual WWII era one was basically the RAF one as they mentioned. But I do like the look of the old maple leaf, would rather have that anyways, distinctly Canadian.

My grandfather volunteered for the RCAF in England during WWII (hence my profile picture).

• Upvote 2
medal medal