AI exclusives most likely. Barrel SP artilery wown't be player controlled (although Hummel at least is already in the game as an AI controlled vehicle), so I dont't see why rocket arty would. Edited by Nikvik

AI exclusives most likely. Barrel SP artilery wown't be player controlled (although Hummel at least is already in the game as an AI controlled vehicle), so I dont't see why rocket arty would.

Maybe things like the Sherman calliope and RBT-5 will be added because they are rocket artillery mounted on tanks, I don't see why not. 

T-34-rocket-launcher-France.jpgRBT-5.jpg

The British in WW2 attached RP3 rockets in rails on the sides of the turrets of Sherman tanks and they were called Sherman tulips. But the Rockets were very inaccurate when placed on tanks. The RP 3 is the same type of rockets used by the British in the game. The Americans had the well known Sherman calliope with the 60 launch tubes firing M8 rockets. The Germans had the nebelwerfer 41 and 42 which could be attached to half tracks. The russians has the katyusha rocket launchers with several variants. Rocket artillery in war thunder would make the game more interesting.

Edited by Guest

I don't see why not.

Because it's an official position NOT to give player a direct control over artillery. Doesn't matter what chassis it is mounted on.

Rocket artillery in war thunder would make the game more interesting especially if they are able to be player controlled on ground forces.

Yea, right, artillery making the game more interesting. We all know how that turned out.
Sometimes I get the feeling people don't really know what they want. War Thunder offers more or less realistic gameplay with vehicles roughly doing their actual jobs on the battlefield. What would that mean for arty?
A typical task for a BM-13 battery for example would be moving into positions prepared and dug up by infrantry, aiming using calculations premade by some divisions staff, unleashing a salvo and moving away. An interesting gameplay that would make NOT, cos the ammount of decidions and choices made by the actual artillery crew is 0.
Tank crews had a degree of independence in the field, that in WT translates into 1) still somewhat realistic gameplay 2) allowing players to make interesting choices
Arty was very strictly following orders from higher up as it simply did not have the ability to observe on its on and get sufficient information to make decidions of its own. In WT it would mean that either realism would have to be killed completely (hello satellite view or equally ridicilous marker/view simplifications), or the gameplay would have to be ridicilously boring.

Because it's an official position NOT to give player a direct control over artillery. Doesn't matter what chassis it is mounted on.

Yea, right, artillery making the game more interesting. We all know how that turned out.
Sometimes I get the feeling people don't really know what they want. War Thunder offers more or less realistic gameplay with vehicles roughly doing their actual jobs on the battlefield. What would that mean for arty?
A typical task for a BM-13 battery for example would be moving into positions prepared and dug up by infrantry, aiming using calculations premade by some divisions staff, unleashing a salvo and moving away. An interesting gameplay that would make NOT, cos the ammount of decidions and choices made by the actual artillery crew is 0.
Tank crews had a degree of independence in the field, that in WT translates into 1) still somewhat realistic gameplay 2) allowing players to make interesting choices
Arty was very strictly following orders from higher up as it simply did not have the ability to observe on its on and get sufficient information to make decidions of its own. In WT it would mean that either realism would have to be killed completely (hello satellite view or equally ridicilous marker/view simplifications), or the gameplay would have to be ridicilously boring.

I'm not talking about artillery trucks that can go to one spot, fire, and run, but tanks mounting rockets. Surely in arcade. Although I really doubt the sherman calliope or RBT-5 fit your description of a BM-13 battery. They still have armor and their main gun is working, so I doubt they would work the same way as truck mounted artillery with no guns or armor. If they were just moving artillery, the gun and armor would have been taken off. 

i think people stop complaining about the idea having players in the arty.

YOU ARE JUST TO BIASED  FROM THE OTHER GAME.

forget evry thing you through to know about tanks from the other game.

and if the rockets are as acurate like the one from planes i can only see them usefull in numbers 2-4.

because your ,,fist of god,, circle is up to 3 times smaller than the rockets you would have.

• Upvote 2
medal medal

Not the "fist of God" just "Raining Death" and what other game let me guess your thinking WOT they don't have rocket artillery, I heard the developers was going to add arty later. So far as i know WT is better then the so called other game.

medal medal medal

Not the "fist of God" just "Raining Death" and what other game let me guess your thinking WOT they don't have rocket artillery, I heard the developers was going to add arty later. So far as i know WT is better then the so called other game.

No reason not to add arty later since ships will function as such anyway.
Rocket arty would be cool, if it wasn't unbalancing since some vehicles have too much derp potential (40+ rockets on a tank is just silly).
They better include the Sturmtiger though, or else...

i think people stop complaining about the idea having players in the arty.

YOU ARE JUST TO BIASED  FROM THE OTHER GAME.

forget evry thing you through to know about tanks from the other game.

and if the rockets are as acurate like the one from planes i can only see them usefull in numbers 2-4.

because your ,,fist of god,, circle is up to 3 times smaller than the rockets you would have.

Yeah, in real life rockets on tanks are really innacurate, that's why they mount so many.

No reason not to add arty later since ships will function as such anyway.
Rocket arty would be cool, if it wasn't unbalancing since some vehicles have too much derp potential (40+ rockets on a tank is just silly).
They better include the Sturmtiger though, or else...

40+ rockets... that are really innacurate. The Sturmtiger better not fire shells like the WOT version.

40+ rockets... that are really innacurate. The Sturmtiger better not fire shells like the WOT version.

Indeed, but I can still see noobs saturating an area in rockets to get that one easy kill before they die.
As if a Pershing is not deadly enough on its own.
I am pretty sure the Sturmtiger is not in wot, unless they anounced recently,I doubt they would bother with it. They would rather spend their gold ammo money in tv commercials and youtube infographics than implementing cool features like rockets.
It fired shells iirc in battlefield 1941.

So no SU or ISU 152?

Cool.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

So no SU or ISU 152?

Cool.

Artillery =/= assault gun or TD. SU-152 and ISU-152 served as frontline direct fire support and tank destroyers, not as a classical mobile artillery saturating the target area from rear ranks.

So, unfortunately, I think they'll be in game and trolling people.

medal medal medal

Artillery =/= assault gun or TD. SU-152 and ISU-152 served as frontline direct fire support and tank destroyers, not as a classical mobile artillery saturating the target area from rear ranks.

So, unfortunately, I think they'll be in game and trolling people.

Yes certainly they will be.

I just fear that Sturmpanzer IV and VI will not get the same treatment, despite heavier armored and used in comparable roles, even though they're by name "Assault Tanks".

If it goes that way, I won't play tanks but Stukas and go for every soviet tank I see without any concerns for my survival...

medal medal medal