Error in designation of the Tiger H.

It's a game mechanic. Like in planes, if there's a kill message that so and so killed an enemy Spitfire, it doesn't tell you what model of Spitfire was killed. This is so that in RB and SB, people can't deduce a complete intel profile on the enemy team's current composition or status just from kill messages.

From what I've seen, the Panzer IV and III/II have proper identification, while the Tiger doesnt.

It's not even VIE, it's just VI, as the Tiger in-game has the smaller fuel tank 

VIE has a larger tank, thus the back end sticks out more.

Ingame model is VI.

medal medal medal

It would be VIH. The Tiger II was also a Panzer VI, but referrerd to as VIB.

No, it's VI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_I

"The rear of the tank held an engine compartment flanked by two separate rear compartments each containing a fuel tank, radiator and fans. The Germans had not developed an adequate diesel engine, so a petrol (gasoline) powerplant had to be used instead. The original engine utilised was a 21.33-litre (1302 cu.in.) 12-cylinder Maybach HL 210 P45 developing 485 kW (650 hp) at 3000 RPM. Although a good engine, it was inadequate for the vehicle. From the 251st Tiger onwards, it was replaced by the upgraded HL 230 P45, a 23.88 litre (1457 cu.in.) engine developing 521 kW (700 hp) at 3000 RPM.[9] The main difference between these engines was that the original Maybach Hl 210 used an aluminium engine block while the Maybach HL 230 used a cast-iron engine block. The cast-iron block allowed for larger cylinders (and thus, greater displacement) which increased the power output to 521 kW (700 hp). The engine was in V-form, with two cylinder banks set at 60 degrees. An inertial starter was mounted on its right side, driven via chain gears through a port in the rear wall. The engine could be lifted out through a hatch on the rear hull roof."

medal medal medal

The tank was given its nickname "Tiger" by Ferdinand Porsche, and the Roman numeral was added after the later Tiger II entered production. The initial official German designation was Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausführung H (‘Panzer VI version H’, abbreviated PzKpfw VI Ausf. H), with ordnance inventory designation SdKfz 182, but the tank was redesignated as PzKpfw VI Ausf. E in March 1943, with ordnance inventory designation SdKfz 181.

--

I was right. It was Ausf.H then Ausf.E.
medal medal medal

The tank was given its nickname "Tiger" by Ferdinand Porsche, and the Roman numeral was added after the later Tiger II entered production. The initial official German designation was Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausführung H (‘Panzer VI version H’, abbreviated PzKpfw VI Ausf. H), with ordnance inventory designation SdKfz 182, but the tank was redesignated as PzKpfw VI Ausf. E in March 1943, with ordnance inventory designation SdKfz 181.

--

I was right. It was Ausf.H then Ausf.E.

Exactly what does this have to do with anything? 

I was talking about the Fuel Tank in the rear.

medal medal medal

Exactly what does this have to do with anything?

I was talking about the Fuel Tank in the rear.

Im talking about how it should have the proper designstion in-game. I don't know where you got your point from.

You said it was just "VI", which was wrong, and I corrected you. Edited by Mein_Kampfwagen
medal medal medal

Im talking about how it should have the proper designstion in-game. I don't know where you got your point from.

You said it was just "VI", which was wrong, and I corrected you.

It's not wrong, the model ingame depicts the Pz. VI Tiger, with the NON PROTRUDING FUEL TANK, which clearly means that it is a Pz. VI.

A Pz. VIE would have a fuel tank that sticks out like this:

FObCBXp.png

The Stock Production Variant Tiger, however, has a slightly less bolstered fuel reserve.

Sy767pY.png

The discussion is closed.

However, the Pz. VIE-1 did not have a bolstered fuel reserve. The In-game version is a Pz. VI Ausf. H, as the fuel reserve is not bolstered.

medal medal medal

But the official designation wasn't VIH, that came much later.

It doesn't matter when it was used.... It's still a valid term for Ausf. H...

It has to do with the localisation and I guess it will don't stay like this, because PzKpfw could refer to any german tank...

Pretty much.
medal medal medal

Are you blind? PzKfw represents Panzer Kampfwagen, which could mean any of the near 100 variants of panzers made/designed. The Tiger VI DID have variants and modifications. The Tiger ingame is PanzerKampfwagen VI Ausf. H (VIH), and that's the identification it deserves.
medal medal medal

Wouldn't it be simple to name it Tiger instead Pzkpfw?

It can be simply fixed by devs

Edited by Pauliaxz_LT
medal medal