Questions about Ground Forces

I'm interested in buying WT ground forces, but I'm not so sure on spending the money.  For those of you who have played already what are your overall thoughts?  I have played a lot of the arcade game World of Tanks and it is awful as a sim.  I'm looking for a good simulator, not an arcade game. 

When I mean simulation, I'm looking for good historical in game context:

Germans vs Allies (Soviet or American/Brit) not 5 random guys with same tier tanks vs the same

Accurate rendered vehicles

Plausible game physics

Nice terrain and terrain effects

Weather

No RADAR or ICONs over tanks.. you see them just like a gunner/commander would.

Abrstracted yet effective use of air/artillery as it would affect armor on the battlefield. (NOT a WoT version of arty)

Realistic armor/gun pen and plausible damage modelling as well as gun accuracy

Accurate visibilty

Realistic crew behavior and skill

Radio/Communications

This is a wish list really, I don't know to much about WT but I've been waiting for years for a good WW2 armor sim. I'm hoping this is it, because I really don't like WoT much, it's ran it's course and it will always be a cheezy arcade game with the look of tanks.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or replies, this is my first post here.

Rev

Ground forces will be all that eventually for now it's still beta although a very good one it's not yet finished.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm interested in buying WT ground forces, but I'm not so sure on spending the money.  For those of you who have played already what are your overall thoughts?  I have played a lot of the arcade game World of Tanks and it is awful as a sim.  I'm looking for a good simulator, not an arcade game. 

Germans vs Allies (Soviet or American/Brit) not 5 random guys with same tier tanks vs the same

Accurate rendered vehicles

Plausible game physics

Nice terrain and terrain effects

Weather

No RADAR or ICONs over tanks.. you see them just like a gunner/commander would.

Abrstracted yet effective use of air/artillery as it would affect armor on the battlefield. (NOT a WoT version of arty)

Realistic armor/gun pen and plausible damage modelling as well as gun accuracy

Accurate visibilty

Realistic crew behavior and skill

Radio/Communications

This is a wish list really, I don't know to much about WT but I've been waiting for years for a good WW2 armor sim. I'm hoping this is it, because I really don't like WoT much, it's ran it's course and it will always be a cheezy arcade game with the look of tanks.

Rev

Its Allies vs Axis actually but their is no sides considering the forces are mixed together in AB i would expect World War mode to have Allies vs Axis with out mixing the vehicles.

medal medal medal

Germans vs Allies (Soviet or American/Brit) not 5 random guys with same tier tanks vs the same - historical battles just like planes

Accurate rendered vehicles - vehicles have even more detail than WoT

Plausible game physics - Work in progress, but you can see steady improvement each patch

Nice terrain and terrain effects - excellent terrain (tanks can be hidden easily). dust kicks up after firing and while driving.

Weather -  no weather atm

No RADAR or ICONs over tanks.. you see them just like a gunner/commander would. -  there is small spotting system if a friendly tank has visual, other than that you need keen eyes.

Abrstracted yet effective use of air/artillery as it would affect armor on the battlefield. (NOT a WoT version of arty) - no player driven arty

Realistic armor/gun pen and plausible damage modelling as well as gun accuracy - Work in progress, damage to tank is severe

Accurate visibilty - trees can and will block vision, ranges over 700m are hard to see

Realistic crew behavior and skill - not sure what you mean here

Radio/Communications - you hear messages from radio, and enemy tank positions are given when spotted

Rev

answers in green

hope this helps

Edited by nomorechillies

Thanks for the answers nomoreachilles.

I'll clarify on crew behavior, have they considerd a crew bailing or busting their morale when under fire, or is the player everything and its always 100% doing what you want because you are in absolute control? 

If there are crews that stick with tanks ala WoT do they improve in sklll? 

Are dead tanks/crews dead for good and you have tto bring another replacement in to fill?

Edited by Revennant

Thanks for the answers nomoreachilles.

I'll clarify on crew behavior, have they considerd a crew bailing or busting their morale when under fire, or is the player everything and its always 100% doing what you want?  Also do crews improve sklll ala WoT style?  Dead guys are dead for good?

Crews are just as they are in planes. You improve them the same way they work in planes but there are a lot more options for every type of crew member.

Crews don't have morale and won't break. You are the morale compass for your tank. 

When crew members are injured in the tank then they are done for that battle. Crew members that can reallisticly fill their role will do so and every crew member has training for secondary roles.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal