I've had the idea that mines could be implemented in ground forces. You could have minesweeper and minelayer vehicles. They would be rewarded for finding and destroying mines, while the minelayers would get rewards for any damage or kills from their mines. These vehicles are sometimes lightly armored or armed, so the reward from their goal should make up for it. It would add variety, and it would make any rusher think twice. Either that or have mines spawn at the beginning of every match in popular routes, well hidden and in open fields with long grass.  These are some vehicles that can be implemented:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine_flail

M4 sherman with mine flail:

M4a4_flail_cfb_borden_1.JPG

Valentine with mine flail

IWM-MH-9308-valentine-scorpion.jpg

Anti tank mines: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_mine#Second_World_War

Edited by iamthelol

Just make sure German mines hardly detrack you because they were made 10 years before your Russian tank that stepped on them was even drawn, and that Russian mines are mini- nukes and you`re good to go  :salute:

On a serious note, it`ll be too frustrating for regular matches. Imagine your only minesweeper gets destroyed in the first two minutes so all of your tanks are left to die by mine hits...

• Upvote 2
medal

T-34 minesweeper attachment looks the best

t34minec.jpg

dafuq is that, looks like a monster version of the t34

Edited by MostarSOKO

Just make sure German mines hardly detrack you because they were made 10 years before your Russian tank that stepped on them was even drawn, and that Russian mines are mini- nukes and you`re good to go  :salute:

On a serious note, it`ll be too frustrating for regular matches. Imagine your only minesweeper gets destroyed in the first two minutes so all of your tanks are left to die by mine hits...

Minesweepers would probably have to be modifications for tanks, like the T-34 minesweeper and M4 minesweeper. I'm sure a lot of people would play minesweepers with good armament as well. Also, in your case, it's the team's fault for not protecting a  minesweeper. And mines may be hard to spot, but they aren't invisible. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_mine#Second_World_War

German_Topfmine_B.jpg

The thing about randoms is that I wouldn't stake my life on random bobs.

That is in arcade.

In HB I'd probably try it, because I have seen wonderful things happen in HB.

"What if nobody has a minesweeper tank in the team?"

Well, in AB, no big deal. You advance and keep having your tracks blown off, repair, blown, repair, blown, as long as you don't get completely killed. Remember, most AT mines were designed for mobility kills (ie: make the tank stationary and thus neutralising its combat value).

In HB the situation would be much more sticky, but I'm guessing there would be safe passages which don't need minesweepers but are farther away or are tighter (and can be better sighted in with AT gunnery).

• Upvote 1
medal medal