Fox Armoured Car/RARDEN default belt change

80 but a 80 → 90 is a w/e increase id rather the clips be improved to APSE/APSE/APSE or HE/HE/HE or APDS/APDS/APDS instead of the current APSE/HE/APSE or APDS/APDS/APDS

Iirc 90 is the theoretical max fire rate of the RARDEN assuming you give it a constant feed of ammunition. 80 rpm is accounting for shoving two three round clips in every couple of seconds.

I may be a minority but I’ve grinded through the British, French, Italian and Japanese tech trees. A little bit of suffering I don’t mind as long as I get to play some of my childhood vehicles.

Yeah, a little bit of suffering is always good because it makes success all the better.

Would be nice to have it for all IFVs.

1 Like

Just made a bug report on the same subject.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1Rba72gH3gvQ

1 Like

Very nice, hopefully gaijin listens to it ^^. Its pretty widely accepted that the RARDEN is considered to be 1 of the harder to use cannons out there, so it would be a nice change.

Two different belts, one with SAP only, and one with HEI only will both be default.

5 Likes

Nice!, this will be a Great improvement for the Rarden Equipped vics.

e272930868e70abb25956d73f994485322d24802_2_1000x514
hmmm, not quite as you said? ill take it as still WIP. with instead a new Pure APHE Belt researchable and APDS pushed back to rank IV (from rank I)

Well that’s fucking anoying…. Not rank 4 gaijin, rank 2 at most….

While a nice change, moving APDS to rank IV module is pretty damn harsh given its effectively 50mm pen at 7.0 until you get it.

Also until the belt is unlocked, still same issue.

1 Like

50 is pushing it considering how many times the round will simply not pen the thinnest of armour simply due to it being at a slight angle or just because it doesn’t feel like it.

Yep, this is an earlier version.

When the update comes out, it will be like this:

• Two default belts: One with SAP only, and one with HEI only.
  • The APDS belt will be moved to tier III.
9 Likes

Thanks for the Clarification, Still a little bit rough with APDS at Tier III but its still a great change overall.

Thanks for the heads up, much better than the tank 4 and the default 50/50 belts.

Happy with this change, moving APDS up will make the grind a little longer but it is very effective and can always be beelined. Now at least once their Warrior is spaded the player will have some more viable belt options for soft targets.

So lads, declare victory then eh? The evil that was the RARDEN default belt that has plagued us for near 6 years is no more.

It’s still terrible, it’s just… less terrible now. Here’s where they only change it for the fox and not the warrior lol. Can’t wait to blast 8 rounds into an engine block to make it go orange but then feontally one a t54 from 1km out.

Mission Accomplished!