EBRC Jaguar: Reconnaissance Enters the Future

Yes! There’s one capability which hasn’t been mentioned in the suggestion but that is “slew to cue”: If the sensors detect an immediate threat to the vehicle (e.g. ANTARES detects a sniper on a rooftop), the Jaguar automatically responds with an appropriate response. In this case, the Jaguar would traverse the RCWS so that it can have a line of sight on the sniper - though only the crew is able to fire lethal ammunition to avoid friendly fire.

Though, this might be too much for the game and could really diminish player engagement.

Source

Regardless, a few of these detection capabilites could be seen on other French vehicles. Phase 1 of the SCORPION program is almost finished and Phase 2 will include the introduction of the VBAE (a modern replacement for the VBL) and a renovated VBCI. Both of these could end up being fitted with PILAR V or ANTARES. We might even see some sort of urban kit for the Leclerc XLR which also includes these sensors.

1 Like

Gaijin will say its too advanced while Russia having multiple vehicles that entered the service at 2023.

5 Likes

Ain’t it the truth…

1 Like

Incredible works of suggestion on an incredible vehicle :)

Big +1, France need more than just MBTs at top tier.

And i like the idea of new concept ingame such as passive scooting, would make vehicle like that (that are not on par, protection and weaponry wise, with modern MBT) still a threat and add a big help to the equip.

1 Like

About the Diamant APS… I remember seeing a French army video very quickly mentioning the thing in a recap early 2023, as shown here :

https://youtu.be/1i7BclE4fBo?t=389

But since then nothing… Any news on that ?

1 Like

Last date I saw was integration for vehicles in 2026

1 Like

That’s quite a while ahead… with its fare share of possible setbacks and uncertainties. Needless to say, we probably won’t see it added if the Jaguar ever gets added.

1 Like

Finally a suggestion on the Jaguar! Can’t wait to play this one, I hope Gaijin will put it in the next update! +1

1 Like

We really need this in game. Thank you for putting it together ♥

3 Likes

I found a better view of the Hornet RCWS:

Spoiler

Also found this beautiful photo of the Jaguar:

Spoiler

My honest reaction:

Spoiler

Lego Batman Lego Batman Love GIF - Lego Batman Lego Batman Love Love GIFs

9 Likes

Interesting article (in French) explaining that the EBRC is getting deployed in operation for the first time (in Estonia for NATO exercises).

Though, the most interesting thing for me is at the end of the article. It explains that the link between the AKERON MP missile and the on-board optronic system is not yet ready. Which means the BVR capabilities of the missiles are not enabled. It reminds me of an older article (one year old I believe) that explained that the CTA 40 was not completely ready for fire on the move, and that it had been disabled on the first batch of Jaguars delivered. Dunno if they’ve managed to get it working since then, but it shows that the tank is still in its development phase, even if it was admitted into service.

3 Likes