38 replies to this topic

#1 Sieptium

Sieptium

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Alright. Just played a game with my typhoon 1b and a Fw 190 outclimbs me, outruns me and outturns me.

What? I mean the stat-cards arent completely accurate but what the hell?

26 m/s climbrate vs 14 m/s

And yet when we met he was at a bit higher altitude? How?... Magic?

Anyhow, I didn't want to engage so at about 4 km distance from him I started actively avoiding. Sitting at about 600km/h in a shallow dive (because he was catching up when I flew plain and I knew that Fw190 have their top speed at higher alt) for several minutes knowing that I should have superior speed, especially at this altitude (4-5k meters). We're talking really shallow here. Just enough for me to gain some quick speed and then keep it.

He still gains on me. Pretty quickly. I'm like wtf, and as a last resort I turnfight with him. He takes the bait, turns with me, outturns me for another salvo then breaks off and gains 3km distance over a few seconds and I retreat. I must say I'm quite amazed at this point.

600km/h top speed vs 655km/h I might add. In favor of me

Later on. At similiar altitude he engages me again. Several kilometers distance and I don't wanna head on. He gains on me going horizontally. I had to turn around and fight back and by doing so I damaged him and he shot my wing off. 

Can anyone explain this to me? I know the Fw 190 is a great little thing with good energy retention, but I was just outclassed in every aspect that I thought the Typhoon would have the advantage in

#2 Xasew

Xasew

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

1) Stat cards lie.

2) You are comparing a plane with upgrades to a plane without them.

End.

It's amazing how little a signature actually tells about a person.

#3 dalexandre099

dalexandre099

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 Thanks
=FAP= Forca Armada Portuguesas

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Outturns you? You must have done something wrong, the Typhoon can outturn 109s and 190s in high speeds, maybe you were going slow when you tried turning. 

Also, for one to fly the Typhoon expertly, one must know the power of the landing flaps, and one must know how and when to use them.

Edited by dalexandre099, 21 November 2013 - 05:42 PM.

ヽ༼ ʃƪل͜º ༽ノ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜʏ ʀᴇᴍᴜɴᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴠᴇʀɪᴛᴀʙʟᴇ sᴋɪʀᴍɪsʜᴇs   

#4 Sieptium

Sieptium

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

1) Stat cards lie.

2) You are comparing a plane with upgrades to a plane without them.

End.

No? My Fw 190 is fully upgraded, expcet for the last upgrade. But I calculated that in. My Typhoon is premium. so yeah. 

Also why are people upvoting this? Except for the stat card not he's completely wrong and didn't answer any of my questions

Edited by Sieptium, 21 November 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#5 pauliuk

pauliuk

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks
=CSAF4= Takticka letka RAVEN - CSAF

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Typhoon can outturn Fw. But not in such a high speed, and when dodging in dive or when having enemy on your six, never turn directly to side. Make a turn of about 120°, and then turn. But once you survive two turns, you will turn better than him.

Plus stats are BS, cause developers never change them, except of max speed.

#6 Sieptium

Sieptium

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Outturns you? You must have done something wrong, the Typhoon can outturn 109s and 190s in high speeds, maybe you were going slow when you tried turning. 

Also, for one to fly the Typhoon expertly, one must know the power of the landing flaps, and one must know how and when to use them.

Started turning at maybe 600km/h. Didn't use landing flaps tho

#7 Sieptium

Sieptium

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Typhoon can outturn Fw. But not in such a high speed, and when dodging in dive or when having enemy on your six, never turn directly to side. Make a turn of about 120°, and then turn. But once you survive two turns, you will turn better than him.

Plus stats are BS, cause developers never change them, except of max speed.

But how did he outrun me then? I'm supposed to be significantly faster. Especially since we were a lot closer to my "fastest" altitude than his

#8 tajj

tajj

Marshal of the Air Force

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

190 is over performing in climb similar to the 109s, but not as bad. Typhoon over performs in climb as well but above about 6km doesn't drop off as quickly as it should. 

In game stat cards lie -

this is from the tests done Reagalan for several tier 9 and 10 planes including the 190 A5 and the Typhoon Mk 1b.

h8lb.png

You will see the 190 out climbs the Typhoon to 6km  by about 35 seconds, you will also see that a Typhoon's turn rate is much better than a 190s. 

You will also see that the 190 is quicker at all altitudes I believe, but not by much. 

WT_sig658_zpsaef465a1.jpgRF6jXOf.jpg

I whine in game, can't help it my competitive nature takes over and doesn't like loosing, calm me says sorry in advance.

#9 RustyFred

RustyFred

Be water, my friend.

• Game Master
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 Thanks
=MOD= Thunder SnailS

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Typhoon easily outturns FWs, no matter the situation. 

As for top speed, you said the Fw was a bit higher, so he gained on you because he started a similar shallow dive from a higher alt. My guess.

#10 pauliuk

pauliuk

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks
=CSAF4= Takticka letka RAVEN - CSAF

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

But how did he outrun me then? I'm supposed to be significantly faster. Especially since we were a lot closer to my "fastest" altitude than his

I think you are a bit faster with WEP. But definitly not in dive. That is FWs specialization. But I have seen many times, that FWs got kicked but Typhoons, and Typhoons only.

And I also love my Typhoon, as I love my P-51D and Spitfire LF IX.

#11 Sieptium

Sieptium

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

190 is over performing in climb similar to the 109s, but not as bad. Typhoon over performs in climb as well but above about 6km doesn't drop off as quickly as it should. 

In game stat cards lie -

this is from the tests done Reagalan for several tier 9 and 10 planes including the 190 A5 and the Typhoon Mk 1b.

You will see the 190 out climbs the Typhoon to 6km  by about 35 seconds, you will also see that a Typhoon's turn rate is much better than a 190s. 

You will also see that the 190 is quicker at all altitudes I believe, but not by much. 

Jesus christ. The typhoon is completely inferior to the Fw 190. The stat cards are about as wrong as they can be

Typhoon easily outturns FWs, no matter the situation. 

As for top speed, you said the Fw was a bit higher, so he gained on you because he started a similar shallow dive from a higher alt. My guess.

Not that much higher that ge could have gotten so much speed. It's more "pretty much the same altitude". At maximum 500 meters higher. And I evaded for so much time that it would be impossible for him to retain that speed for so long.

I think you are a bit faster with WEP. But definitly not in dive. That is FWs specialization. But I have seen many times, that FWs got kicked but Typhoons, and Typhoons only.

And I also love my Typhoon, as I love my P-51D and Spitfire LF IX.

Didn't dive. Started a shallow dive when he was far behind to quickly build speed. Then a leveled out to retain speed, hoping that I would be faster. 

I wasn't..

But yeah, this has pretty much been answered. Damn the Fw 190 does not look good on that card. But man does it peform

#12 Xasew

Xasew

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

No? My Fw 190 is fully upgraded, expcet for the last upgrade. But I calculated that in. My Typhoon is premium. so yeah. 

Also why are people upvoting this? Except for the stat card not he's completely wrong and didn't answer any of my questions

My Fw 190 A-5 is missing one upgrade. The stat card quite clearly says 20,7 m/s.

And according to its stat card 14,1 m/s just happens to be the climb rate of a stock Fw 190 A-5/U2.

People were upvoting my post because it's quite likely I'm completely correct.

It's amazing how little a signature actually tells about a person.

#13 GrapeJam

GrapeJam

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Stats card is a big pile of ****.

And the typhoon is currently overperforming, horribly overperforming, I'd rank them in the top 10 most broken planes in the game.

#14 tajj

tajj

Marshal of the Air Force

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Jesus christ. The typhoon is completely inferior to the Fw 190. The stat cards are about as wrong as they can be

Not that much higher that ge could have gotten so much speed. It's more "pretty much the same altitude". At maximum 500 meters higher. And I evaded for so much time that it would be impossible for him to retain that speed for so long.

Didn't dive. Started a shallow dive when he was far behind to quickly build speed. Then a leveled out to retain speed, hoping that I would be faster. 

I wasn't..

But yeah, this has pretty much been answered. Damn the Fw 190 does not look good on that card. But man does it peform

Yep it is, both tier 10 British aircraft are completely out classed by those planes around them. I think this is mainly because they perform realistically and a lot of those others don't or they are under tiered.

It out turns, out guns and about matches the dive speed of the 190 that is about it.  The 190 is generally faster, climbs better, has far better roll. If they fixed the Typhoons maz dive speed (should redline until about 840 kph IAS in reality) and they fixed the 190s climbing/engine issues the Typhoon would be a better match.

But basically mid tier British planes are all out matched. Tiers 8 - 13 in the British line you are not flying very competitive planes. 

Stats card is a big pile of floral.

And the typhoon is currently overperforming, horribly overperforming, I'd rank them in the top 10 most broken planes in the game.

Eh?

over climbs above like 5 - 6km that is about it.

Top 10 most broken planes in the game? more like top ten more accurate planes in the game.

Edited by tajj, 21 November 2013 - 06:13 PM.

I whine in game, can't help it my competitive nature takes over and doesn't like loosing, calm me says sorry in advance.

#15 ThaDerpPilot

ThaDerpPilot

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

A Typhoon should out-turn a 190 anytime. The problem was he had the initial altitude and energy advantage. He most likely appeared to be turnfighting you, but maintained his altitude advantage, while you tried to pull your nose up at him after a turn, causing you to drain all your energy. It happens alot in the 109 vs Spit situations, so Typhoon vs 190 makes sense. You need to be diving for a second then to pull manuevers in that tight dogfight. You were pretty much too slow and energy-less. You would've gotten him in a Zero, but the Typhoon is an energy or boom and zoom fighter, not a turnfighter. Only turnfight with energy equality. If not, drag him or make him lose it. You will learn.

#16 GrapeJam

GrapeJam

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

over climbs above like 5 - 6km that is about it.

Top 10 most broken planes in the game? more like top ten more accurate planes in the game.

Over climbing, roll much better than it should, much faster at high altitude than it should and do prop hanging like nobody's business.

Sure it's not Japanese broken but it's still quite broken.

#17 Windows_98

Windows_98

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Thanks
-MSFT- Microsoft Corporation

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Over climbing, roll much better than it should, much faster at high altitude than it should and do prop hanging like nobody's business.

Go home grape your drunk. :kamikadze:

Edited by Windows_98, 21 November 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#18 GrapeJam

GrapeJam

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Go home grape your drunk. :kamikadze:

You're free to check the Typhoon's performance thread.

#19 tajj

tajj

Marshal of the Air Force

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Overclimbing?

I'll give the over climbing at higher alttiudes, at 6km the rate of climb is about 13.6 m/s (with 30 minutes fuel), it should be 2000 ft/min or about 10 m/s. (with full fuel) 

However at 3km it's rate of climb in game is 16 m/s (again 30 minutes fuel), in real life tests about 2800 ft/min or 14.3 m/s (full fuel load) considering a the lighter fuel load will give you about 1 -1.5 m/s better climb that is pretty damn close.

So over performing in climb above 6km. 

Roll?

Roll much better than it should? LMAO, no its a terrible roller and rolls worse than a Zeros does.

Much faster at high altitude?

Nope, it is pretty much spot on. 

Highest speed it hits in game is 645 kph at 5300m, which is 400 mph at 17,000 ft.

In several articles here there are reported speeds of over 400 mph at 20,000 ft (6,096m) http://www.wwiiaircr...yphoontest.html these are all for late 1942/43 models which it is.

at 6km in game its actually possibly even under performing by around 5 - 10 mph. 

at 7.5km in game it is going 617 kph or 383 mph, at 24,000 ft in actual tests the plane was going around 385 mph, again slightly off.

Prop Hangs?

Difficult to test, but the plane stalls on full elevator and doesn't have that low of a stall speed, it is certainly not capable of prop hanging any more than any other plane.

Conclusion

Its not even close to being the top ten over performing planes in the game, not even close. It's FM matches it's speed, climb to about 6km, roll rate and general handling very well to the real life plane. (with around a 5% tolerance either way)

It over performs in climb above 6km, that is about it. 

it is also under performing heavily in maximum dive speed, it should be able to dive safely (i.e no red line) to about 840 - 850 kph IAS below 10,000 ft. 

#20 GrapeJam

GrapeJam

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Thanks

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Roll?

Roll much better than it should? LMAO, no its a terrible roller and rolls worse than a Zeros does.

And the zero's currently overperforming in roll

Much faster at high altitude?

Nope, it is pretty much spot on. 

Highest speed it hits in game is 645 kph at 5300m, which is 400 mph at 17,000 ft.

In several articles here there are reported speeds of over 400 mph at 20,000 ft (6,096m) http://www.wwiiaircr...yphoontest.html these are all for late 1942/43 models which it is.

at 6km in game its actually possibly even under performing by around 5 - 10 mph. 

at 7.5km in game it is going 617 kph or 383 mph, at 24,000 ft in actual tests the plane was going around 385 mph, again slightly off.

Well I was in a playing at the same time I posted that so I forgot the explain that by faster in this case I also took acceleration into account.

Prop Hangs?

Difficult to test, but the plane stalls on full elevator and doesn't have that low of a stall speed, it is certainly not capable of prop hanging any more than any other plane.

The typhoon is actually the plane I see that prop hang the most after zero.

Edited by GrapeJam, 21 November 2013 - 06:56 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users