223 replies to this topic

#21 Senio

Senio

Bald, bold, badass and bearded

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

• Q: AAA update so they dont track/fire through clouds and other hidden objects/things.
  • A: AI takes alot of effort. Low priority. Very specific gameplay. Not that game relevant right now

So, Gaijin just admitted publicly that they are too lazy to implement fixes that 'take a lot of effort' >.<

That's why all our patches never fix the most important issues

You haven't been to Q&A, have you?

If you have not, plz stop making wrong assumptions

WT_sig664_zpsa8b3c502.jpg

#22 SupermarioPS

SupermarioPS

Per Aspera ad Astra

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

• Q: AAA update so they dont track/fire through clouds and other hidden objects/things.
  • A: AI takes alot of effort. Low priority. Very specific gameplay. Not that game relevant right now

So, Gaijin just admitted publicly that they are too lazy to implement fixes that 'take a lot of effort' >.<

How often do you die to AAA fire while in a cloud? Or hidden?

Guessed so aswell.

Game Crashes have much higher priority then that.

Not to mention AAA is VASTLY underperforming comparing to real life.

Btw: AI coding is real hard work.

EDIT: My horrible englsich

Edited by SupermarioPS, 28 September 2013 - 12:19 AM.

Contrail5avatar_zps6dab70fd.jpg50_mision_Wings.jpgWT_sig49_zps4685f502.jpg

I am     DARTH DODODODODODODODODODODODODODODODO 335  !      Fear my valiant wrath

#23 SupermarioPS

SupermarioPS

Per Aspera ad Astra

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

UPDATE:

From Reddit: Most up to date version:  http://www.reddit.co...ff_no_warranty/

Q&A SUPER POST: Done on the fly! First reddit post btw. Sorry for my grammar. Had not much time correcting mistakes. And non-native speakers paraphrasing and writing on the fly aint easy. Literally just wrote down what I heard.

Q:when the engine dies the cowl flaps automatically comes on, thus hindering the glide speed to the airfield ... 
are there any plans to change that? so we can have control of the cowl flaps?
A: brought forth to development. Builder issue.
until then do manuell controll with FRB settings and then return to mouse or other setting

Q info button hidden, less hidden next patch
A: revise of hangar HUD maybe comming Soon™™. maybe this patch

Q: Why no patch notes for reduced fuel of F80?
A: "Strange""Some one messed up"

Q: FRB, AI biplanes FM is CRAZY!!!! Ramming seeking. Really annoying. They just ramm you, not like human players"
A:They are there for the battle feeling. We check it and look into surprising behaviour of AI. 
Gathering of Data will be done. We look into it. And try to fix AI behaviour!!!!

Q: Why has the Swordfish no BOMBS?
A:Balance takes time. Not many are flying it. Low need for it.

Q: Why in titles are not included downing/victories from previous patches A: Coding would be pretty hard. 
Thus this new feature has its own counter for acheievements
A:Minor thing. May be done in future when time/resources is free

Q:Why are britain malta and sicily missing in rotation?
A: Problem with to many people playing the same plane. issue is known. But Hardest day all day long. thus gone

Q: PREM Spit IX spam
A: Prem Spit IX will not be moved up in tier. No changes to it. Maybe in a month

Q: FRB player whining due Gaijin actions.
A: Hopefully the new Event mode will help FRb mode General problem: not enough players. Main issue. 
Event mode may help converting
Just try to catch some events in FRB. Evetns will encourage players.
Today, 07:48 PM · Delete

Q:In this update you've added some dedicated bombing targets on select maps. 
Will we be seeing more things like this in the future and how is this intended to affect gameplay?
A: We just have to see what kind of effect they have on playerbase. Just collecting data. Testing on few maps.
Today, 07:52 PM · Delete 

Q: E-1 FM Performing issues. it seems less good then E-3
A: Many people seem to enjoy it. It is the same as E-3
Today, 07:54 PM · Delete 

Q: AAA update so they dont track/fire through clouds and other hidden objects/things.
A: AI takes alot of effort. Low priority. Very specific gameplay. Not that game relevant right now

Q: Gold planes have changed really often. Any planes to compensate changes?
A: All planes are subjects to changes. It depends on planes overall performance. 
If it is to good, it will be balanced to reduce spam (reward)

Q:Why no Me262HG II?
A: Germany has MANY planes and good line-up. Thus later, low priority.

Q:New events mode:
A: every event has some period of action. some of the events will be for one day or just hours. 
Experimenting-Borysich. No info about upcomming Events. Wait and see

Q: Wandering/moving AI any changes
A: answer not understood

Q: Doras FM
A: Next week? Bf109F4 will also get changes

Q: Plane skins from Community
A: Really difficult. PM Senio. It takes weeks

Q: MM update, now longer and bigger teams
A: With new Events.... they work on MM

Q:brakes pressure lower then 1.29
A:PM please

Q: The KI-102 starts on the air and has a great climb rate. 
Was this planned? or should it start on the ground? Russians cant do anything against them.
A: Depends on map, Sent suggestion plz

Q: Why hasn't the XP-55 being reduced in price this patch? 
It was already lowered in the 1.35 & 1.33 dev servers. (same goes for premium La5-FN). 
And what was the reason for this ridiculously high price in the first place?
A: There was a bug on the Dev server. La5 was spammed. XP-55 is a  rare aicraft, thus price is high

Q: Do you intend into introducing more polnish skinz?
A: Skinz are hard work

Q: Concerning the new events, could you please make a huge neon light on FRB events, 
because a lot of ppl are joining them by accident and quitting, or half the team crashing on takeoff which is annoying
A: Tommorrow, you have to do tutorial for FRB and HB to join. Medalls on the left already indicates that. 
They look into making it more visible

Q: More events per time?
A: Yes!

Q:Some of the HB events seem a little one sided at the moment (for ex: Kuban with yak 1s and la5s vs 109 G2s), 
are there any plans to balance these by limiting the amount of fighters 
or by giving russia an altitude advantage at the start
A: Quantity advantages are tested on DEv right now, ALTitude advantage is unlikley. 
They look into it. Also unfinished FM make problems. Still testing. Just play more and give constructive feedback

FM team is new organized right now, because to many FM´s were not fine tuned enough. Requirements rose, thus less FM per patch.

Boryisch: New FM data Soon™™, internal projexct with any available historic data ingame. Info Soon™™ tm.

"A week or few" -Senio;

"Spitfire data sheet took weeks"-Boryisch

I am     DARTH DODODODODODODODODODODODODODODODO 335  !      Fear my valiant wrath

#24 Kovathos

Kovathos

Pilot officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

In this case its probably more important that they get tanks out and finish the air force side of things, personally for me, AI is a low priority.

#25 DutchNeon

DutchNeon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

I agree with the answers except the Premium LA-5FN price and Premium Spitfire MK.9 issue.

- La-5FN was spammed - yes - it's not anymore now, hence the "was spammed" usage right? Why now price reduction due that? It's very overpriced atm, I wonder how much of those are sold nowadays.

- US Spit Mk.9 got a huge buff last patch and then not equally tiered to it's British variant this patch? At least you might look into it in a month  :Ds

And Senio, Are you ready to be PM spammed as the Q&A states we can PM you for community skins?  :Ps

Edited by DutchNeon, 28 September 2013 - 12:27 AM.

WT_sig148_zps15e94526.jpgWT_sig77_zps3bd4efdc.jpg

#26 Senio

Senio

Bald, bold, badass and bearded

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

And Senio, Are you ready to be PM spammed as the Q&A states we can PM you for community skins?  :Ps

Skins are really a hard thing to do. "Personal" pilot skin take weeks.

And for the spam - I already have like dozens pms a day, trying to answer them all. But that aint possible

WT_sig664_zpsa8b3c502.jpg

#27 Rog_deVIL

Rog_deVIL

Officer cadet

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

It is just fabulous how every point is wrong or misunderstood

coudent agree more  :good:

HgA8t5c.jpg                                                                                               WT_sig522_zps65938fd1.jpg

#28 Cariocecus

Cariocecus

The Flying Wild Boar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

It upsets me tremendously that they implement things that they  themselves seem oblivous to the results.

What the hell are you smoking????

"So, Gaijin just admitted publicly that they are too lazy to implement fixes that 'take a lot of effort' >.<

That's why all our patches never fix the most important issues"

-too true.

All we hear is promises ...

rrjekyM.jpg

#29 SupermarioPS

SupermarioPS

Per Aspera ad Astra

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

It upsets me tremendously that they implement things that they  themselves seem oblivous to the results.

What the hell are you smoking????

"So, Gaijin just admitted publicly that they are too lazy to implement fixes that 'take a lot of effort' >.<

That's why all our patches never fix the most important issues"

-too true.

All we hear is promises ...

All Gaijin can do is code and work.

How much do you know about coding? Or writing in a computer language?

Some things just have priority. And currently AI is a minor one in a PvP game. (Makes perfect sense for me)

Also: There are really many nations and gaps in trees who need more love then Germany.

#30 MIKE1988

MIKE1988

Marshal of the Air Force

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Well, why would anybody play a Swordfish since most of the low level arcade maps have nothing to offer for torpedoes?

Why did the U.S. Spitfire remain the same while the British got fixed?

Why does the E-1 have T5 what means it is meant to be in the same class as Spitfire Mk.II (note: even the Mk.I and Hurricanes are 1940 planes with 3 bladed propellers) or a P40?

How can a Me262+Ar234 fighting Korean War stuff ONLY not be overtiered?

Why was the La-5FN spammed, if not for the UFO Model?

Why did Germany and Japan lose WW2, if not for their numerical disadvantages?

#31 Rautaa

Rautaa

Dance Commander

• Technical Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

The one about the Swordfish seems reasonable, though. I understood that adding bombs/rockets is low priority because not many people fly it? But the whole thing is Catch 22, because not many people fly it due to lack of bombs/rockets.

But then again (excluding the F1M2), the whole concept of tier 0 planes needs a bit of a re-design...

WT_sig776_zps079fe5e3.jpgWT_sig759_zps1a3f407d.jpgqWyyohj.jpg

#32 Beinhard

Beinhard

Flight lieutenant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 46 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

Q: AAA update so they dont track/fire through clouds and other hidden objects/things.
A: AI takes alot of effort. Low priority. Very specific gameplay. Not that game relevant right now

Q:Why no Me262HG II?
A: Germany has MANY planes and good line-up. Thus later, low priority.

Welp, its for sure totally historical accurate that Korean Era jets fought He 162's, Me 262's and Me 163's over berlin. Its even more ridiculous that they say giving the germans a competetive T20 jet is "low priority". They used months on the F-86F series, what did they do? They copy pasted the FM of the A-5 and gave it a new name and some 20mms. Same story with the useless Ki-102/96, totally utterly garbage. Good working morale I have to say, bow to the great Trolljin.

And the AAA are just insanely annoying sniping left and right trough clouds nearly every game. It's just way off.

Soon™™™ = Never in the lifetime of the universe.

Edited by Beinhard, 28 September 2013 - 12:42 AM.

h8JoXHS.png3hRyYZN.png  

R.I.P Mio, rustled 2many newbies jimmies  http://imgur.com/a/0vkco

#33 Toothless

Toothless

Deleted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

Really? Give us skinning tools (there was such thing for WoP, right?) and we'll see how it really looks like, OK?

La-5FN was spammed because it was OP, now it was nerfed, but price stayed. There is no excuse for it anymore, sorry dude.

Edited by Toothless, 28 September 2013 - 12:46 AM.

q5jq.png

Was not privileged enough :(                                                           Even WoWp has better economy...

#34 SupermarioPS

SupermarioPS

Per Aspera ad Astra

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Welp, its for sure totally historical accurate that Korean Era jets fought He 162's, Me 262's and Me 163's over berlin. Its even more ridiculous that they say giving the germans a competetive T20 jet is "low priority". They used months on the F-86F series, what did they do? They copy pasted the FM of the A-5 and gave it a new name and some 20mms. Same story with the useless Ki-102/96, totally utterly garbage. Good working morale I have to say, bow to the great Trolljin.

And the AAA are just insanely annoying sniping left and right trough clouds nearly every game. It's just way off.

The problems with lvl20 jets are HUGE: http://forum.warthun...xis-jets-needs/

Basicly there is no competitive lvl19 or lvl20 jet for axis. Even prototypes are from 1946....

AAA is annoying, but not a problem. Rule of Coding: "Fix what is broken! Everything else is minor."

EDIT: Updated Transcript: http://forum.warthun...anty/?p=1070313

Edited by SupermarioPS, 28 September 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#35 BaronVonBlitz

BaronVonBlitz

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

"Not that game relevant" has nothing to do with laziness.  It is an obvious indication of priorities.  Planes.  Tanks.  PS4.  Occasional AAA sniping (when flying at altitude in a predictable manner when some of those AAA are modeled to be Bofors and German 88s).  

If the patches never fixed anything, then people would stop playing the game.  Why, do you reckon, are there more people playing the game these days?  

It still amazes me how short sighted some people are.  The game is in Beta right now and is immensely fun(please read up on the definition of beta, and what it implies for both a develop of said game, and there time, as well as what it implies for players of a game that is in "beta").  Tanks are just over the horizon, and new planes continue to be patched in for our playing pleasure.  

Also, generally the more you jink and less predictable your flight path is, the harder you are to hit for AAA in my experience.  AAA is not a game breaker.  Lately I am able to strafe planes on the enemy airfield and get away with it just as often as they shoot me down.  Seems legit to me. 

Just my two cents.  Cheers. 

Edited by BaronVonBlitz, 28 September 2013 - 12:46 AM.

mqms.jpgcunj.jpg

#36 Beinhard

Beinhard

Flight lieutenant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 46 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

The problems with lvl20 jets are HUGE: http://forum.warthun...xis-jets-needs/

Basicly there is no competitive lvl19 or lvl20 jet for axis. Even prototypes are from 1946....

AAA is annoying, but not a problem. Rule of Coding: "Fix what is broken! Everything else is minor."

EDIT: Updated Transcript: http://forum.warthun...anty/?p=1070313

Then why are they fighting korean era jets over Berlin at all? It makes no sense at all. If they can't make a blueprint T20 jet for the Axis, just cap all the Korean Era jets to Korea (or remove them), and let the Axis jets fight their natural enemies. 

AAA is gamebreaking, doing evasive manouvers won't help when wild Destroyer/AAA snipes you from 5-8km through clouds and sometimes even through mountains and hills. Last game with my japanese at Guadalcanal, 7 x Zeros got shot down instantly at 5km above the destroyers. Gamebreaking?

h8JoXHS.png3hRyYZN.png  

R.I.P Mio, rustled 2many newbies jimmies  http://imgur.com/a/0vkco

#37 DutchNeon

DutchNeon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Really? Give us skinning tools (there was such thing for WoP, right?) and we'll see how it really looks like, OK?

La-5FN was spammed because it was OP, now it was nerfed, but price stayed. There is no excuse for it anymore, sorry dude.

Would require the release of the texture unwraps for the planes. People could then "skin" em with Photoshop etc. Adding em requires extra coding (if they were extra skins in stead of overwriting current skins) and probably some testing to prevent texture issues. Maybe even some inhouse material adjustments because blood wouldn't shine as much as metal does (if you add blood to the texture of a plane) That would then need a patch to implement them. Probably not as easy as I described it but you get the idea.

Edited by DutchNeon, 28 September 2013 - 12:55 AM.

WT_sig148_zps15e94526.jpgWT_sig77_zps3bd4efdc.jpg

#38 JoJohnson

JoJohnson

Flight lieutenant

• Historical Consultant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

And for the spam - I already have like dozens pms a day, trying to answer them all. But that aint possible

so if we just say "thank you" for the efforts you guys put in and for taking the time for such Q&As here then that works I imagine

#39 FivebyFive

FivebyFive

Air marshal

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

Best part of logic 

"We increased the price of the german LA5FN because in real life it was very rare and we didn't want it spammed"

How about stop making captured planes be a nation's main money makers then?

How about a variant inside the nation's roster that has average performance for its tier but great spammability?

#40 SupermarioPS

SupermarioPS

Per Aspera ad Astra

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

Best part of logic 

"We increased the price of the german LA5FN because in real life it was very rare and we didn't want it spammed"

How about stop making captured planes be a nation's main money makers then?

How about a variant inside the nation's roster that has average performance for its tier but great spammability?

Q: Why hasn't the XP-55 being reduced in price this patch? 
It was already lowered in the 1.35 & 1.33 dev servers. (same goes for premium La5-FN). 
And what was the reason for this ridiculously high price in the first place?
A: There was a bug on the Dev server. La5 was spammed. XP-55 is a  rare aicraft, thus price is high

LEARN TO QUOTE!

Wirraway? Boomerang? A6M5 Ko? P40? He112B1? Havoc? P39? P63? D13? Bf109F4? Hellcat? Typhoon?

Premium planes are supposed to make money.

The only problems I have with Premplanes are not enough planes from the nation you are buying it for.

Edited by SupermarioPS, 28 September 2013 - 01:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users