223 replies to this topic

#1 SupermarioPS

SupermarioPS

Per Aspera ad Astra

• Wiki Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

THIS POST IS INCOMPLETE!!! EVERYTHING WAS WRITTEN DOWN IN HASTE!
Thus no warranty on written text. Author also simplified answers to wrtie them faster.
Remember: Most people on Q&A are not native speakers. Mistakes due that are common!

Old version below, for history sakes still in here.
Spoiler

From Reddit: Most up to date version:  http://www.reddit.co...ff_no_warranty/

Q&A SUPER POST: Done on the fly! First reddit post btw. Sorry for my grammar. Had not much time correcting mistakes. And non-native speakers paraphrasing and writing on the fly aint easy. Literally just wrote down what I heard.

Q:when the engine dies the cowl flaps automatically comes on, thus hindering the glide speed to the airfield ... 
are there any plans to change that? so we can have control of the cowl flaps?
A: brought forth to development. Builder issue.
until then do manuell controll with FRB settings and then return to mouse or other setting

Q info button hidden, less hidden next patch
A: revise of hangar HUD maybe comming soon. maybe this patch

Q: Why no patch notes for reduced fuel of F80?
A: "Strange""Some one messed up"

Q: FRB, AI biplanes FM is CRAZY!!!! Ramming seeking. Really annoying. They just ramm you, not like human players"
A:They are there for the battle feeling. We check it and look into surprising behaviour of AI. 
Gathering of Data will be done. We look into it. And try to fix AI behaviour!!!!

Q: Why has the Swordfish no BOMBS?
A:Balance takes time. Not many are flying it. Low need for it.

Q: Why in titles are not included downing/victories from previous patches A: Coding would be pretty hard. 
Thus this new feature has its own counter for acheievements
A:Minor thing. May be done in future when time/resources is free

Q:Why are britain malta and sicily missing in rotation?
A: Problem with to many people playing the same plane. issue is known. But Hardest day all day long. thus gone

Q: PREM Spit IX spam
A: Prem Spit IX will not be moved up in tier. No changes to it. Maybe in a month

Q: FRB player whining due Gaijin actions.
A: Hopefully the new Event mode will help FRb mode General problem: not enough players. Main issue. 
Event mode may help converting
Just try to catch some events in FRB. Evetns will encourage players.
Today, 07:48 PM · Delete

Q:In this update you've added some dedicated bombing targets on select maps. 
Will we be seeing more things like this in the future and how is this intended to affect gameplay?
A: We just have to see what kind of effect they have on playerbase. Just collecting data. Testing on few maps.
Today, 07:52 PM · Delete 

Q: E-1 FM Performing issues. it seems less good then E-3
A: Many people seem to enjoy it. It is the same as E-3
Today, 07:54 PM · Delete 

Q: AAA update so they dont track/fire through clouds and other hidden objects/things.
A: AI takes alot of effort. Low priority. Very specific gameplay. Not that game relevant right now

Q: Gold planes have changed really often. Any planes to compensate changes?
A: All planes are subjects to changes. It depends on planes overall performance. 
If it is to good, it will be balanced to reduce spam (reward)

Q:Why no Me262HG II?
A: Germany has MANY planes and good line-up. Thus later, low priority.

Q:New events mode:
A: every event has some period of action. some of the events will be for one day or just hours. 
Experimenting-Borysich. No info about upcomming Events. Wait and see

Q: Wandering/moving AI any changes
A: answer not understood

Q: Doras FM
A: Next week? Bf109F4 will also get changes

Q: Plane skins from Community
A: Really difficult. PM Senio. It takes weeks

Q: MM update, now longer and bigger teams
A: With new Events.... they work on MM

Q:brakes pressure lower then 1.29
A:PM please

Q: The KI-102 starts on the air and has a great climb rate. 
Was this planned? or should it start on the ground? Russians cant do anything against them.
A: Depends on map, Sent suggestion plz

Q: Why hasn't the XP-55 being reduced in price this patch? 
It was already lowered in the 1.35 & 1.33 dev servers. (same goes for premium La5-FN). 
And what was the reason for this ridiculously high price in the first place?
A: There was a bug on the Dev server. La5 was spammed. XP-55 is a  rare aicraft, thus price is high

Q: Do you intend into introducing more polnish skinz?
A: Skinz are hard work

Q: Concerning the new events, could you please make a huge neon light on FRB events, 
because a lot of ppl are joining them by accident and quitting, or half the team crashing on takeoff which is annoying
A: Tommorrow, you have to do tutorial for FRB and HB to join. Medalls on the left already indicates that. 
They look into making it more visible

Q: More events per time?
A: Yes!

Q:Some of the HB events seem a little one sided at the moment (for ex: Kuban with yak 1s and la5s vs 109 G2s), 
are there any plans to balance these by limiting the amount of fighters 
or by giving russia an altitude advantage at the start
A: Quantity advantages are tested on DEv right now, ALTitude advantage is unlikley. 
They look into it. Also unfinished FM make problems. Still testing. Just play more and give constructive feedback

FM team is new organized right now, because to many FM´s were not fine tuned enough. Requirements rose, thus less FM per patch.

Boryisch: New FM data soon, internal projexct with any available historic data ingame. Info Soon tm.

"A week or few" Senio; "Spitfire data sheet took weeks"-Boryisch

Edited by SupermarioPS, 28 September 2013 - 11:24 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I am DARTH DODODODODODODODODODODODODODODODO 335 ! Fear my valiant wrath

#2 Toothless

Toothless

Deleted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Yea, tomorrow prolly all will be on reddit anyway, consorship tentacles dont reach there thank gods.

q5jq.png

Was not privileged enough :(                                                           Even WoWp has better economy...

#3 WIECEq

WIECEq

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Q&A SUPER POST: READ BELOW AND PLZ DONT POST HERE:

ipb.pngToday, 07:45 PM · Delete · Lock

• Q: PREM Spit IX spam A: Prem Spit IX will not be moved up in tier. No changes to it. Maybe in a month
    Today, 07:45 PM · Delete
  • Q: FRB player whining due Gaijin actions.
    A: Hopefully the new Event mode will help FRb mode General problem: not enough players. Main issue. Event mode may help converting
    Just try to catch some events in FRB. Evetns will encourage players.
    Today, 07:48 PM · Delete
  • Q:In this update you've added some dedicated bombing targets on select maps. Will we be seeing more things like this in the future and how is this intended to affect gameplay?
    A: We just have to see what kind of effect they have on playerbase. Just collecting data. Testing on few maps.
    Today, 07:52 PM · Delete
  • Q: E-1 FM Performing issues. it seems less good then E-3
    Today, 07:54 PM · Delete

• Q: AAA update so they dont track/fire through clouds and other hidden objects/things.
  • A: AI takes alot of effort. Low priority. Very specific gameplay. Not that game relevant right now

• Q: Gold planes have changed really often. Any planes to compensate changes?
  • A:

Good job , mate :D! Thanks

War Thunder - SAIL

Spoiler
eminem_rap_god_by_lpnumber1-d6y4fmb.jpg

#4 CmdrSloth

CmdrSloth

Slothicus Maximus

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

New Fw 190 D FM in a week!

Couldn't be happier, kid in a candy store.

hlZcnxq.jpg6SWGYqh.jpgnQv5ZP7.jpg

Mort was using Joystick at the time in cockpit view xD LIES AND SLANDER!

#5 Starduster

Starduster

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Mk16 is going to get updated and most likely retiered. Merlin 266 with 150 is no different to the currently LF IX.

#6 FivebyFive

FivebyFive

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

F86F25 and F86F2 Sabres have their own FMs but they're not tuned yet.

#7 NineArts

NineArts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

• Q: Doras FM
  • A: Next week? Bf109F4 will also get changes

I'm scared.

Pls dont kill the F4 :(

sphedatsmefd.png

#8 Born2BeFatty

Born2BeFatty

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

"Prem Spit IX won't be touched, probably in month"

10/10

#9 Boceto

Boceto

Biased.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

"Prem Spit IX won't be touched, probably in month"

10/10

Gaijin knows how to fix things.

10/10 indeed.

Edited by Boceto, 27 September 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#10 Frasaria

Frasaria

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

nothing about an ammo count display on the screen for arcade mode?
:(

#11 Desu_Ex

Desu_Ex

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 40 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

"Prem Spit IX will not be moved up in tier. No changes to it. Maybe in a month"

Wait, what? I really hope you heard this one wrong.

qbxn.png

#12 FivebyFive

FivebyFive

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

i stopped playing it for the whole 1.33 to give them time to fix it but xxxx it.Time to print money.

#13 Rumpullpus

Rumpullpus

Marshal of the Air Force

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

whoa hold on now, a "week" could be anything from 7 days to 7 months.

#14 elmarby

elmarby

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

• Q: Why has the Swordfish no BOMBS?
  • A:Balance takes time. Not many are flying it. Low need for it.

That one was asked by me and I found the answer a bit confusing. It was hard to tell if the "not many flying it" was to be taken as a reason for low priority or if it was brought up as a reason why they too considered the Swordfish as problematic judging by how few people were playing it.

I hope they meant the latter. Because why would anyone play a slow, weak, ill armed bomber that can only drop a torpedo (the Swordfish was noted for its extensive bombload options) while the AB  map rotation at the low tiers has only one map where one(!) side has landing ships you could potebtially hit with the torpedo. Oh, and the bridge in HB Korea, which I am not sure even gives you points!

It seems such a no-brainer that this ought to be fixed for both balance and historical accuracy reasons. People on this forum  say "broken plane" all the time, but this one genuinely is. A torpedo bomber that cannot torpedo OR bomb!

And how long does it take to add bombs to an existing plane? For the Mk I a central hardpoint and one on each wing and you are done! Allow 1x500lb or 2x250 on each and you are done! Yet patch after patch, this venerable stringbag gets no fix.

Edited by elmarby, 27 September 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#15 Graf_Spectre

Graf_Spectre

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm scared.

Pls dont kill the F4 :(

now taking bets on what the F4 changes are.

my bet is uptiered to rank 9, small loss in rate of climb, more wobble, and massive hit in all stats for use of gunpods. ._.

i pray that doesn't happen but it wouldn't surprise me at this point,

o4vlfuy.pngkud4uvp.png7glfUFg.png

Sig by Edytha_Paula. 

#16 Sabo1

Sabo1

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

whoa hold on now, a "week" could be anything from 7 days to 7 months.

If "soon" is longer then 8 months, with all due respect, be prepared to wait a long time

#17 Desu_Ex

Desu_Ex

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 40 Thanks

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

That one was asked by me and I found the answer a bit confusing. It was hard to tell if the "not many flying it" was to be taken as a reason for low priority or if it was brought up as a reason why they too considered the Swordfish as problematic judging by how few people were playing it.

I hope they meant the latter. Because why would anyone play a slow, weak, ill armed bomber that can only drop a torpedo (the Swordfish was noted for its extensive bombload options) while the AB  map rotation at the low tiers has only one map where one(!) side has landing ships you could potebtially hit with the torpedo. Oh, and the bridge in HB Korea, which I am not sure even gives you points!

It seems such a no-brainer that this ought to be fixed for both balance and historical accuracy reasons. People on this forum  say "broken plane" all the time, but this one genuinely is. A torpedo bomber that cannot torpedo OR bomb!

And how long does it take to add bombs to an existing plane? For the Mk I a central hardpoint and one on each wing and you are done! Allow 1x500lb or 2x250 on each and you are done! Yet patch after patch, this venerable stringbag gets no fix.

It's like a vicious cycle. No one plays the plane because it's bad. They don't fix it because no one flies it anyway.

now taking bets on what the F4 changes are.

my bet is uptiered to rank 9, small loss in rate of climb, more wobble, and massive hit in all stats for use of gunpods. ._.

i pray that doesn't happen but it wouldn't surprise me at this point,

If they nerf it and uptier the F-4 again, just after having uptieried it, it will be a bad joke. Sad part is, I will not be surprised if that happens...

Edited by Desu_Ex, 27 September 2013 - 11:46 PM.

qbxn.png

#18 I_MIKE_I

I_MIKE_I

La-5FN: 40/40

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

• Q: Why has the Swordfish no BOMBS?
  • A:Balance takes time. Not many are flying it. Low need for it.

• Q: PREM Spit IX spam
  • A: Prem Spit IX will not be moved up in tier. No changes to it. Maybe in a month

• Q: E-1 FM Performing issues. it seems less good then E-3

• Why no Me262HG II?
  • A: Germany has MANY planes and good line-up. Thus later, low priority.

• Q: Why hasn't the XP-55 being reduced in price this patch? It was already lowered in the 1.35 & 1.33 dev servers. (same goes for premium La5-FN). And what was the reason for this ridiculously high price in the first place?
  • A: There was a bug on the Dev server. La5 was spammed. XP-55 is a  rare aicraft, thus price is high

• Q:Some of the HB events seem a little one sided at the moment (for ex: Kuban with yak 1s and la5s vs 109 G2s), are there any plans to balance these by limiting the amount of fighters or by giving russia an altitude advantage at the start
  • A: Quantity advantages are tested on DEv right now, ALTitude advantage is unlikley. They look into it. Also unfinished FM make problems.

1. Swordfish might be played more often if it had it's bombs... -.-

2. Giving U.S. a Spitfire 2 tiers below the same for the Brits is a great way to Balance.

3. It's not the same as the E-3, it's weaker armed but has to face enemy planes that would even be late for the E-3

4. Germany has a Lineup full of overtiered planes, therefore it's BS. But yeah, axis are low priority as long as there are some players to play targets.

5. La-5FN was spammed because you gave it a UFO model, it's fixed and the price remained. Smart move Gaijin.

6. Quantity advantages are a great idea, let's you know the winner before you even start.

#19 Senio

Senio

Bald, bold, badass and bearded

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

1. Swordfish might be played more often if it had it's bombs... -.-

2. Giving U.S. a Spitfire 2 tiers below the same for the Brits is a great way to Balance.

3. It's not the same as the E-3, it's weaker armed but has to face enemy planes that would even be late for the E-3

4. Germany has a Lineup full of overtiered planes, therefore it's BS. But yeah, axis are low priority as long as there are some players to play targets.

5. La-5FN was spammed because you gave it a UFO model, it's fixed and the price remained. Smart move Gaijin.

6. Quantity advantages are a great idea, let's you know the winner before you even start.

It is just fabulous how every point is wrong or misunderstood

#20 Bowenabc

Bowenabc

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Thanks

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

• Q: AAA update so they dont track/fire through clouds and other hidden objects/things.
  • A: AI takes alot of effort. Low priority. Very specific gameplay. Not that game relevant right now

So, Gaijin just admitted publicly that they are too lazy to implement fixes that 'take a lot of effort' >.<

That's why all our patches never fix the most important issues

Edited by Bowenabc, 28 September 2013 - 12:13 AM.

CMbLHdw.png

<< Click for my live.warthunder profile >>

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users