12 replies to this topic

#1 BumpNork

BumpNork

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Pip pip, old chaps!

I'm having a rather irritating issue with the game since buying the Ace Advanced Pack on Steam. The game loads to the sign-in screen, and just crashes back to the desktop. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Tally ho!

#2 LB95

LB95

Pickle Minion

• Technical Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 Thanks

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

In steam:

Go to Library -> All games -> Right click War Thunder -> Properties -> Local Files -> "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

This will check for any missing files and redownload them. It's pretty much the go to thing to do if a steam game screws up.

p0N3BTb.jpgGB2E3Wc.jpgeVONjXi.jpg

Quoting me will notify me to your response

#3 BumpNork

BumpNork

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

In steam:

Go to Library -> All games -> Right click War Thunder -> Properties -> Local Files -> "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

This will check for any missing files and redownload them. It's pretty much the go to thing to do if a steam game screws up.

Thanks for that :) Still no luck, though. But it did get slightly further this time, up to the message where it says "connecting to server" and then boom, CTD again :(

#4 LB95

LB95

Pickle Minion

• Technical Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 Thanks

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure beyond that. Try rebooting your modem and/or router (total power off at the wall), and restart your PC.

p0N3BTb.jpgGB2E3Wc.jpgeVONjXi.jpg

Quoting me will notify me to your response

#5 suicidal_godot

suicidal_godot

Air commodore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Try asking here:

http://forum.warthun...rts-production/

Or even more specific:

http://forum.warthun...steam-specific/

Mine works fine, and I also bought  the Ace pack...

...there's a bug report / troubleshooting subsection for a reason. Might take a few kinks out of your pathway to perfection.

"Flieger, grüß mir die Sonne, grüß mir die Sterne und grüß mir den Mond! Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben durch die Ferne die keiner bewohnt."
11434062044_8dd6a6e9d8_o_d.jpg

#6 Bartfeld

Bartfeld

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

I keep seeing this topic all over the place, and especially the steam forums. Also seen dev responses asking for crash logs. But here a few things you can try:

Start it manually without Steam by navigating to "../steam/steamapps/common/War Thunder/" and start aces.exe or launcher.exe.

or

C:\Users\{username}\Documents\my games\WarThunder\Saves and delete "profile.config.blk". Note the some of those folders are hidden, you can type in the path manually in explorer. (Deleting that file will probably reset your keybindings, but worth a try)

WT_sig148_zps15e94526.jpg

#7 BumpNork

BumpNork

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

I keep seeing this topic all over the place, and especially the steam forums. Also seen dev responses asking for crash logs. But here a few things you can try:

Start it manually without Steam by navigating to "../steam/steamapps/common/War Thunder/" and start aces.exe or launcher.exe.

or

C:\Users\{username}\Documents\my games\WarThunder\Saves and delete "profile.config.blk". Note the some of those folders are hidden, you can type in the path manually in explorer. (Deleting that file will probably reset your keybindings, but worth a try)

Tried this and it worked! Thanks so much, back in the cockpit as we speak :D

#8 Lord_Scrotor

Lord_Scrotor

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Tried this and it worked! Thanks so much, back in the cockpit as we speak :D

I will add that people may experience a similar problem if they're running any sort of video card overclocking utility.  Solution - disable it, start the game, alt-tab out, turn it back on.

#9 Jinxtah

Jinxtah

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

The way you fix this problem (I've had it twice (once for each pack I've bought)) if you are launching through steam is to do the following:

Go to:

C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\WarThunder\Saves and edit the profile.config file with your favorite text document editor thingy (I use notepad).

Change "USEROPT_AUTOLOGIN:b=yes" to "USEROPT_AUTOLOGIN:b=no" so that it doesn't try to auto login anymore.

That's it. Now you're good to go. Once you log in once, you're free to set it to auto login again. No idea why it happens, but at least it's fixable.

Thank from 1 User:

#10 n0rdi_l2p

n0rdi_l2p

Flying officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

steam overlay has often problems with anialising

url.fw.png
biasskill.png

#11 _Skippy_

_Skippy_

Officer cadet

• Community Helper
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 Thanks

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

The way you fix this problem (I've had it twice (once for each pack I've bought)) if you are launching through steam is to do the following:

Go to:

C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\WarThunder\Saves and edit the profile.config file with your favorite text document editor thingy (I use notepad).

Change "USEROPT_AUTOLOGIN:b=yes" to "USEROPT_AUTOLOGIN:b=no" so that it doesn't try to auto login anymore.

That's it. Now you're good to go. Once you log in once, you're free to set it to auto login again. No idea why it happens, but at least it's fixable.

Had the same issue. Bought a pack, tried to login, and crashed upon logging in. Verified game cache integrity, rebooted, same dealio. Found this thread, tried Jinxtah's solution, and it worked. Thanks!

Posted Image
Signature designed by Carrier_

#12 RubbeldiKatzz

RubbeldiKatzz

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

good you can fly again.

#13 Badpanzer

Badpanzer

Warrant officer

• Game Master
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Ok I also had this happen and the fix was simple.

You go to the

Had the same issue. Bought a pack, tried to login, and crashed upon logging in. Verified game cache integrity, rebooted, same dealio. Found this thread, tried Jinxtah's solution, and it worked. Thanks!

Yup same issue here and the fix also worked for me.

Still it would be nice if gaijin fixed as these are paying customers here who buy the product an then cannot use it without fixing it themselves.

Not so good.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users