34 replies to this topic

#21 Exteriorbean

Exteriorbean

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

As a Lv18 USA player,(lv10 British,lv9 soviet+German,lv7 japan), i recommend play US if you buy some of its premium planes like spitfire and xp55(surprisingly good) and bearcat 1b + corsair 1c are amazing, i use p51 as bomber hunter with its rocket and b17 right now take a lots of hit, p63 and p39 always dominate in its lv, but out class as soon as you rank up, you just have to learn how to aim and shot with 50cal, if you hit the enemy, 1-2 second burst, all 6 guns hit, it will destroy any fighters, only thing i enjoy in Russian tree is the yak 9 series, and i don't have to explain that, la series is alright, and other yak just meh, 

m10sk.pngWT_sig146_zpsbf55212b.jpg
USA 37mm be like 'pew pew pew, i think i hit you 5 times', Soviet's 37mm be like "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!, another one hit kill!'

#22 Rapitor

Rapitor

Aerodynamic engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

As a Lv18 USA player,(lv10 British,lv9 soviet+German,lv7 japan), i recommend play US if you buy some of its premium planes like spitfire and xp55(surprisingly good) and bearcat 1b + corsair 1c are amazing, i use p51 as bomber hunter with its rocket and b17 right now take a lots of hit, p63 and p39 always dominate in its lv, but out class as soon as you rank up, you just have to learn how to aim and shot with 50cal, if you hit the enemy, 1-2 second burst, all 6 guns hit, it will destroy any fighters, only thing i enjoy in Russian tree is the yak 9 series, and i don't have to explain that, la series is alright, and other yak just meh, 

See ? When I told you about USA not first try friendly

Only talking about high tier cannon aircrafts, other nation premium planes, or with rockets as help.

Not a single word about .50 cal, which you will have a lot until level 10. Those are good too, but still hard to manage in AB

First law of physic in cartoon: Gravity won't work until you look down. ---I'll sentence to death anyone trying to reinvent flight mechanics. Aerodynamics for dummies
You want historical MM ? Fine, but just remember that you can't expect a 16 vs 16 game then, because jets were outnumbered...

#23 Armoredbeercan

Armoredbeercan

Air commodore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

@OPN why don't you get the best of both worlds and fly both?

lbgZQFx.jpg

#24 Exteriorbean

Exteriorbean

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

See ? When I told you about USA not first try friendly

Only talking about high tier cannon aircrafts, other nation premium planes, or with rockets as help.

Not a single word about .50 cal, which you will have a lot until level 10. Those are good too, but still hard to manage in AB

50 cal will do well in 6-7, possibly 8-9,those thing tear fighters apart, I've been playing high level for long time, of course i forgot a lot about lower lv, 2 days ago i used hellcat and p40 in a lv 6-7 games, 50 cal owns anything, its amazing,when you get to higher lv, planes are fast, its hard to get your aim on target, that's why 50 cal owns in lower tier,simply due to most planes fly pretty slow.

m10sk.pngWT_sig146_zpsbf55212b.jpg
USA 37mm be like 'pew pew pew, i think i hit you 5 times', Soviet's 37mm be like "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!, another one hit kill!'

#25 Gameassassin1020

Gameassassin1020

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

Avenger is a god damn tank with gunners and pretty strong mgs. Did I mention bombs?

#26 Darkzero

Darkzero

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

until the mig 15 lol

Only a MiG-15 (until the La-15 comes out), all other jets suck big.  I would rather have 3 useful jets in my line-up - F-86 + F9F + F-80 instead of just one.

#27 LittleWolfi3

LittleWolfi3

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

fly german or gtfo :D

#28 Krusmortis

Krusmortis

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

i prefer USA for ammunition and ease of use. russian planes are waay too hard for me :/

oh ya and freedom

#29 LittleWolfi3

LittleWolfi3

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

i prefer USA for ammunition and ease of use. russian planes are waay too hard for me :/

oh ya and freedom

take a lagg 3-35 or whatever the green one is , get in a game.. climb to 2800 metres.. dive on floral... profit

try it, you will get kill after kill 

#30 Joren123

Joren123

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

true

.50 cals arent that bad provided there is at least 4x of them. Problem is at the earlier tiers, you will get something like 1 12.7, and 1 7.62, or 1 12.7 and 2 7.62s. So at the lower tiers, US firepower is indeed low compared to other nations starting from rank 3. There are a few exceptions to this, such as the F2A-3 which has 4x 12.7mms and the P40 which has 6x 12.7mms. and the F4Fs which are slightly higher at rank 5, and also have 6x 12.7mms. However the mentioned Hawks I personally consider poorly armed, because the majority of their armament is 3x 7.62mms while only having 1 12.7mm. I would say Soviets atm are the easier of the two to fly, not because of how fast or maneuverable they are, but because the majority of their armament is nose mounted, which makes things infinitely easier to shoot because you only have to worry about drop, and not convergance.

Also it may just be the sound, but their guns sound really fast. The damn I-16 guns sound like damn buzzsaws. And the 20mm ShVak cannons sound like machine guns, rather than 20mm cannons.

#31 Thunder421

Thunder421

Ze Admiral~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

.50 cals arent that bad provided there is at least 4x of them. Problem is at the earlier tiers, you will get something like 1 12.7, and 1 7.62, or 1 12.7 and 2 7.62s. So at the lower tiers, US firepower is indeed low compared to other nations starting from rank 3. There are a few exceptions to this, such as the F2A-3 which has 4x 12.7mms and the P40 which has 6x 12.7mms. and the F4Fs which are slightly higher at rank 5, and also have 6x 12.7mms. However the mentioned Hawks I personally consider poorly armed, because the majority of their armament is 3x 7.62mms while only having 1 12.7mm. I would say Soviets atm are the easier of the two to fly, not because of how fast or maneuverable they are, but because the majority of their armament is nose mounted, which makes things infinitely easier to shoot because you only have to worry about drop, and not convergance.

Also it may just be the sound, but their guns sound really fast. The damn I-16 guns sound like damn buzzsaws. And the 20mm ShVak cannons sound like machine guns, rather than 20mm cannons.

Some of the US planes in the higher tiers have some very good firepower, just saying.

-P-47, 8 M2 machine guns, not much, but when you get the API-T, AKA, firebreath belt, you'll be heaving fun, turning whatever you shoot at into a paper glider on fire.

-P39/63, 37mm cannon speaks for itself, the A-10 and C-1 has one of the best 37mms in the game right now.

-Corsair-1c, 4 an/M2 cannons that seem really strong, shred whatever is infront of you.

-Bearcat-1b, same as the corsair above.

I can go on with more, but I cannot really be bothered. ^^

84aoeel_by_purpledragon104-d7lslfg.png

Spoiler

#32 Rapitor

Rapitor

Aerodynamic engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 Thanks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

And Bearcat 1a and other planes with M3 browning are awesome too !

4 MGs, same burst mass than 6 MGs M2. You are approaching the Skas laser beam rof.

First law of physic in cartoon: Gravity won't work until you look down. ---I'll sentence to death anyone trying to reinvent flight mechanics. Aerodynamics for dummies
You want historical MM ? Fine, but just remember that you can't expect a 16 vs 16 game then, because jets were outnumbered...

#33 SemperFi77956

SemperFi77956

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

I don't really like flying the USSR it just doesn't work for me.The good thing with the US is that you have a rather big amount of ammo compared to nations like the USSR and the .50 is great at least at lower levels.The USSR has a Catalina that is your own printing press but I would go with the US hust like flying the aircraft more.Which ever nation you choose have fun  :good:

#34 R_e_n_o

R_e_n_o

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 Thanks

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Myself, I find the Russian lineup of planes lots of fun. Certain US planes you can't go wrong with. Keep in mind I play mainly Arcade Lvs 9 on down. I also play with joystick about 75% of the time and to me a good game is a couple of kills. I could care less about leading the board and play the game for fun which to me it is.

#35 BlackEve

BlackEve

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

I started with the USSR and the Brits. Then, i've found out that US planes won't turn for floral, German planes won't turn for floral and Japan planes turn too well but lack firepower. I have learned to love the Japanese, but I still hate the lower tiers Italian and US planes.

Gaijin Mind Trick Fail: ''There is no Russian bias''

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USA, Soviet Union, Russia, fighters, better, help, American

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users