3 replies to this topic

#1 Zebra_

Zebra_

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Feel like i can't pull a hard enough turn in my american planes (p63's, p40) without going into a spin. Whats a decent speed to be going so when i do turn i don't insta spin out and hurtle towards the ground?

image_zps1f1136a5.png

#2 Llucmk

Llucmk

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

In spanish we name that "Hachazos". It's a real effect and almost all the planes without slats do that...  

Asking for tips? Do not turn hard, it's simple. 

firmanuevaJG52.jpg

#3 ThePandanator2

ThePandanator2

Stay classy, Forum Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 Thanks

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

A lot of USA planes are BnZ, therefore making them not very good at manuvers at low speeds. Whenever you think you're going to go into a turn fight (and can win) always push throttle to WEP and pull back slowly to where the plane is almost shaking. Don't forget to add rudder to prevent going in the opposite direction. Above all, be gentle on the stick. Each plane will handle turns differently, it's up to you to find out what each one of their limits is. 

As far as a good speed, probably over 200 mph at the least.

Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Increase FRB rewards! http://forum.warthun...ewards-for-frb/

Pog1iXu.png?1?1339QDs4ncE.jpg

#4 Karaya_one

Karaya_one

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

P40 turns nice, just at slightly higher speeds and lower stick deflection.

P39 also turns okay as long as you dont pull the stick too hard (after which point it stalls, rather easily).

All the cats turn nice, and Corsair has a landing flap bug still (should not have so much lift but still does with the flaps)

Anyways, if you feel like stalling all the time, reduce multiplier on pitch. I would recommend 0.6-0.8 on p39, 1 on p40, 0.8-0.9 on F4U, depending on how gentle you are with stick

Keep speeds high, and dont pull too hard. If you hear buffeting, let go of stick pressure, if you feel it will stall soon, let go of stick pressure and apply opposite rudder to prevent wingstall, if you see wingtip drag, let go of stick pressure (also to conserve energy).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users