18 replies to this topic

#1 Dare_bgd

Dare_bgd

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

I know this must have been discussed a million times over, but I want to give some ideas about how to reduce this annoying phenomena...

First of all, I want to say that I HAVE BEEN BANNED AGAIN on the chat, bcs I said some f-words to some rammer. 

I don't talk bad to enemy fighters, just own team - because they deliberately ram me, or fire at me at the start of the round...

I suggest to the dev team to induce some kind of greater penalty for teamkill - for example:

Every friendly hit is worth a negative double of money you earn by hitting enemies...

Every teamkill with the guns -it's ok how it is right now, although I would like not to get a teamkill if I just hit my team plane once and then it crashes

on the ground for the reason unknown...

Every team ram - and this is the important part - is worth money as it was teamkill with cannons, or equal to the damage the plane inflicted to the other plane...

- If it was a ram from behind, the rammer should suffer penalties, not the rammed one (it's often hard to say who is guilty, but this is the clear case)

- if it was a ram between team mates, which damaged eachother by bad choice of the directions - like ram from above, below or direct hit - both should suffer penalties.

Why do I think this will improve gameplay ? In historical - there are really small numbers of team kills and rammings - because there is only one plane, hard to get  capture points,

etc, etc, all in all there is a reasonable penalty for such doings in the game itself... Since in arcade that isn't the case, you need to induce some penalties, so players would watch more closely 

where they go. And you would purge the chat from bad language, at least - of my bad language :)

I understand it may be a difficult task to achieve programming-wise, but please try, as the arcade is nearly unplayable. There were rounds in which I lost my entire crew by teamkills and rams from the behind (especially when 2-3 fighters chase one enemy, I have to put more effort into dodging friendly planes and fire, than to actually make a kill)

What do you think ?

#2 Biggles007

Biggles007

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

I think "Nerd Rage" why you think swearing at people will actually help I don't know. In fact it works against you as they know that your anoyed so they will do it more to watch you flip and get banned.

Only option open is report the player(s) doing it and use the recording of it as proof.

Most games have rules about ruining peoples fun andgames etc so then they might just decide to ban the idiots for a day or to.

#3 NeroTrace

NeroTrace

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

There were rounds in which I lost my entire crew by teamkills and rams from the behind (especially when 2-3 fighters chase one enemy, I have to put more effort into dodging friendly planes and fire, than to actually make a kill)

Welcome to the club.

this happens to me atleast twice a day,i always team kill all their planes so they can stop ramming people,dont care about the penalties,if i get team killed on accident,sure,its fine,it happens

if i get team killed on purpose,yeah well....you're dead

#4 Wulfgar4

Wulfgar4

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Something I have encountered is players from my team shooting me down..one was for kill stealing ( which given the nature of arcade is rather silly..and I have been on both ends) and just now, a player shot me down twice because I 'rammed" him when really, we just collided chasing the same target,

#5 DaiTenko

DaiTenko

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

or take out FF Period.Keep it for the Hardend and more mature pilots.

#6 Raffelz

Raffelz

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

This has nothing to do with nerd rage.
The OP is right. Ramming of any sort is getting worse by the day in arcade, be it the fellow blue teammates or the reds.
Many people semm to get frustrated when they can't bring you down within seconds and when they start to take damage they just ramm you. So do "teammates": In one battle I been rammed by the same blue TWICE right at the spawnpoint. He also gave me some shittalk in chat because in an earlier battle he was a red and I shot him. This behavior gets worse and worse, especialy in arcade, and it also starts to infect HB as well, where I was rammed (from above or behind) a couple of times. One guy in an HB did not even fire his guns, he approached with the clear intention to ramm me and so he did :-(
Now, I ask you, what is the skill in this? Ramming has no skill and no style and be it arcade (unrealistic flightmodel) or HB (more realistic)makes no sense at all!
And, for all you "Kamikaze" pilots out there, go read something about the real japanese Kamikaze pilots, their intention and their historical background, then think about the fact that you are playing a videogame (this is still a game, war sucks!), and then think about what is actualy more fun: getting better at the game or just continue ramming and trolling, as 80% of people in arcade actualy do.
The devs should really punish these guys to their wallet so that is the only thing hat really hurts them. (.....*fill in endless rant with many F-words here*....).

TL;DR: there is NO SKILL and NO STYLE in ramming or shooting teammates. Also, STOP ZERGING and actualy think about how to win the battles, especialy in the lower ranks.

Thank you :Ds

;)s Smell the flowers while you can ;)s

#7 Biggles007

Biggles007

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Like I said Nerd Rage, you just can't go around swearing at people it unpolite. :learn:

Think of a different word before typing your F%&$#@ words and it actually looks quite funny. Use say "Flubber" then you can rant and rage and not get banned. :facepalm:

#8 Dare_bgd

Dare_bgd

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Ok - I will not speak of enemy ramming, as that may be someone's (rather stupid) tactic to maybe stop bombers from reaching the goal... I speak of trollers who do this on purpose. And I speak about means to deal with that. If this penalty system would have been placed in the game, I think we would reduce ramms A LOT. In HB, ramms are minimal. Planes are important there and no one wants to lose them for nothing... I like playing arcade, so don't give me that "go play HB", it's the only thing wrong in the arcade mode, all other things are good and fun to play.

DaiTenko wrote that it's a good idea to completely turn off friendly fire and friendly ramms.

Maybe they should make it selectable in the match making (you select HC mode, for example, and then you can go in a friendly fire enabled match) 

#9 Dare_bgd

Dare_bgd

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

@Biggles

I am giving ideas about what to do, of course ranting and raging is stupid, but it's not something you can just turn off with the mouseclick (at least for some people)

#10 R_e_n_o

R_e_n_o

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

I just finished a match where a guy spent the whole match shooting and ramming teammates. As soon as we spawned he shot my PYB, I broke off thinking it was an accident, he followed me and tried to take my tail off with his ship. As luck would have it, he took half his own wing and I kept going. I later seen in chat he thought it was funny two teammates he had made mad were chasing him and trying to take him out.

These actions are way to common place and need to be dealt with with bans or something. It is becoming worse not better for some reason and is uncalled for.

I certainly understand friendly is going to happen in the heat of battle, as are accidental rams, that is part of the game. It is these that think it fun and funny to kill their own teammates. Or team mates over what they call kill steal. When something crosses you ship or your in a furball you have no idea who is shooting what, you are just trying to survive yourself.

#11 SHARKFORCE

SHARKFORCE

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Two nights ago it was really,really bad.....I died 18 times due to 'teammates'....got rammed 13 times,2 of those within 10 sec of starting the mission,and got shot down 5 times,1 right at the start,1 because I was after a plane a teammate wanted to kill and I was 'in the way' so he shot me down first,and the other 3 were from +4 planes chasing the same target and I 'happen to be between the enemy and the 'tards' behind me'.

This,and the awful matchmaker that keeps putting high tier planes in low tier matches,is the reason why I refuse to spend money on the game....and I really like the game.....this just makes it frustrating and not fun to play at times.

#12 Trommelfeuer

Trommelfeuer

Don Trommel

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Friendly fire...isn't. :Ps

308-sig-1csib4.jpg

nationen-1bapv0.jpg

#13 BR3Z

BR3Z

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Lots of times when I play I see about 4 or 5 of my team mates all going after one enemy.................

You are one of those guys

Stop doing that and you fixed your own problem.

#14 Wulfgar4

Wulfgar4

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

Lots of times when I play I see about 4 or 5 of my team mates all going after one enemy.................

yeah..they descend on one enemy plane like a bunch of frat boys on the only girl at a party.

#15 Dare_bgd

Dare_bgd

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

@Brez 

Ok... let's say you are right. I won't do it anymore... But what about the other 999 999 players out there ?

I think Brez mises the point here. I talk about penalties, in the form of ingame cash. Everyone would watch their moves... Because it will cost them $$$ if they don't. And I mainly speak of deliberate crashing, not accidental ones... Some people actually say appologies...

Anyway, this penalty method would solve all team rams and team kills at least to some degree, in my opinion...

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I like the idea to be able to select "HardCore", mode with friendly fire on, and "softcore" with FF off...

#16 SHARKFORCE

SHARKFORCE

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7 Thanks

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

I try to stay away from those 'engagements'.....but you know how it goes when you are in a 1 on 1 fight and your opponent is near death,every moron in a 3km range smells an easy kill,and to them it doesn't matter if you get caught in the crossfire. 

#17 R_e_n_o

R_e_n_o

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 Thanks

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

I am in my 60s and play the game for the pure fun of it. I am retired and it gives me something to do, think and movements, I have asbestoses and have a hard time doing anything outside. I don't care who leads the board, how many kills I get, who helps me with a kill, I play for the pure joy of playing. I hate the name calling, people crying about kill steals and whatever else they whine about.

I honestly didn't realize the amount of 8 to 13 year olds that play this game, feel entitled, have enemy ships with their names on them so only they can kill them. You are supposed to know what has happened when you see a teammate fighting 1 or 2 others I guess and be a mind reader. The amount of pure childish behavior is staggering in my eyes. To enjoy the game I guess these are things I have to deal with, and will! I sure do wish people would have a little more respect for one another though.

#18 Dare_bgd

Dare_bgd

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

But I don't whine here, I just want to make an effort to help solving some flaws in the game. I like playing it too, and I generally am not worried if I am the first or not. But when you do not repair just to save enough to get that new airplane, and someone troll your savings by stupid ramming for some weird reason, it can be frustrating. So I act a bit crazy, that's how I am. I just hope game staff will realise that and make some change to the game strategy, so it will cut down possibilities for other to make collatheral damage, and cut the problem at it's roots. Even if we were speaking of realism, which so many here tend to prefere (you would end in front of the military court for the teamkill)

And just to tell - i am 35, my friend is 42... so we're no kids...

:salute:

#19 SHARKFORCE

SHARKFORCE

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7 Thanks

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

I think the real problem is that the reward system is set up for the individual player and not for a team.It encourages players to be selfish as helping your teammates survive,and letting them get kills of their own,reduces your chance of getting a good,and profitable,score.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users