41 replies to this topic

#1 ThinBluLine

ThinBluLine

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

“Pilot is unconscious” seems to be coming up more and more for me in the American tree. I fly the same planes, the same way pulling the same G’s but last night my pilots went unconscious 5 times in battles and died. (three never got hit by any rounds)  Anyone else notice this lately?  Thanks

#2 BlitzXL

BlitzXL

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

no this doesn't happen i get pilot shots/ pilot kills in all my planes except maybe for the russians..

#3 Darkzero

Darkzero

職業殺手

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

It happens a lot in 1.31 as far as I can tell.  Playing Russian at the moment.

06MP13G.gif

#4 lastGrayAngel

lastGrayAngel

Corporal

• Developer
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

for preventing this you need to levelup "Vitality". i'm playing russians last days and pilots with low Vitality become unconscions very often

#5 aspman

aspman

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'm finding it in Beaufighters

http://forum.warthun...er-pilot-kills/

TePlVKd.pngpdYRoKp.png

#6 ATeamM

ATeamM

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

What is your vitality lvl?

gallery_444_215_40086.png

#7 Darkzero

Darkzero

職業殺手

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

What is your vitality lvl?

completely max at 100 but still got oneshotted very often.

06MP13G.gif

#8 OldIronsides

OldIronsides

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

“Pilot is unconscious” seems to be coming up more and more for me in the American tree. I fly the same planes, the same way pulling the same G’s but last night my pilots went unconscious 5 times in battles and died. (three never got hit by any rounds)  Anyone else notice this lately?  Thanks

"Pilot fell unconscious" is nothing more or less than a paraphrase for "Pilot was killed by enemy shots". Of course it is annoying when all of a sudden your pilot gets hit by what feels like a homing missile fired by a fifth-generation jet fighter from the other side of the map, but it never happened to me that one of my pilots died without being shot. Also the post mortem screen shows you who is credited for taking out the plane and thus was the one killing your pilot.

Screw Groundforces

#9 ThinBluLine

ThinBluLine

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

OK   thanks I  will check my vitality levels and the post screen shots if it happens again to see if I did get shot. I thought maybe the g force was changed in one of the daily updates so I would have to change my boom and zoom approach. Happy flying all

#10 PewPewPewww

PewPewPewww

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Same here

My Pe-3's pilot had been headshoted for like 7 or 8  times today already. Almost all of them were first shot kill, like when I was spinning and evading  hard and some irrelevant guy passed by and fired a few shots and one landed on the head of my pilot.

Seems my pilots are getting killed much much much more often after the last update.

#11 DHL_Revan

DHL_Revan

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

There are definitely more pilot kills in 1.31. My Pilot is getting killed more often (vitality ~80) and im also killing more enemy pilots, every 3rd kill is a pilot kill.

#12 BR3Z

BR3Z

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

Yup I notice this as well.

Gotta love 1.31

Took a perfectly good game that was challenging and turned it into a simpleton spray and pray shooter.

It's like the game is de-evolving.

#13 Mots

Mots

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

Agree to this. Same here pilot goes out by some lucky shot out of nowhere. I think this happens most with cannons and an oncoming plane shoots right through your nose. I did this with my LAGG on an enemy fighter trying to land on an airfield, got him head on with a burst and he went down like a sack of taters.

#14 Trommelfeuer

Trommelfeuer

Don Trommel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1396 Thanks

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

In most cases it's just that - your cockpit gets hit by several kilograms of lead and the "pilot unconscious" message pops up because "pilot shredded to tiny bloody bits" is a bit too harsh language for the younger ones here..

#15 Segador

Segador

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 Thanks

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

In most cases it's just that - your cockpit gets hit by several kilograms of lead and the "pilot unconscious" message pops up because "pilot shredded to tiny bloody bits" is a bit too harsh language for the younger ones here..

I are completely ok with that, just answer me this, why is happening now a lot more than before? My planes are the same, i dont remember leaving the cupola open or anything. Maybe my bank stopping paying the insurance company?

#16 Trommelfeuer

Trommelfeuer

Don Trommel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1396 Thanks

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

I are completely ok with that, just answer me this, why is happening now a lot more than before? My planes are the same, i dont remember leaving the cupola open or anything. Maybe my bank stopping paying the insurance company?

It's because of the War Thunder 3.0 damage model which came with patch 1.31.

http://forum.warthun...s-damage-model/

#17 Segador

Segador

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 Thanks

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Even in the 3.0 is estated that killing pilots is not likely to happen but now i lose pilots in all games and kill pilots very easy. Before i rarely lose one, have vitality raised in all planes, and even more rarely i killed one.

Senio "The crew of the aircraft includes the pilot and air gunners. When they are hit, this either stops the firing from the turret, or instantly submits a kill for the sharp shooter. However, the pilot of the aircraft is often protected by bulletproof glass and an armored backrest. This means it is hard to hit him from certain angles, especially if your weapons do not have a high piercing capability."

i dont think this killing spread of pilots is intended.

#18 Trommelfeuer

Trommelfeuer

Don Trommel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1396 Thanks

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

However, the pilot of the aircraft is often protected by bulletproof glass and an armored backrest.

This means it is hard to hit him from certain angles, especially if your weapons do not have a high piercing capability.

Blue marked words are very important.

Often doesn't mean always. ;)

Hard to hit him from certain angles means you certainly can hit him from other certain angles. ;)

Example 1-  Spitfire Mk 2:

parabrisas2yn6fhonb.jpg

parabrisas1fu68orht.jpg

*** the armoured glass part is pretty small, isn't it? means the rest of the glass isn't really armoured...

Example 1-  Bf 109 (G-2?):

109_armouredglassdjjsi.jpg

Rest of the cockpit glass isn't that thick...

You can see the armoured glass of a Bf 109 G-2 in this screenie as well (front part):

bf109-vs-ar2-booa6lnc.jpg

In Arcade we just point and click and have very precise aiming...also unlimited ammo (with reloads)...no wonder so many pilots "fall asleep" atm imho...

#19 Zero_X

Zero_X

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Just figured myself, the chances for pilot kills raise by far as soon as you attack from above.

Instapopt lots of bombers and unaware planes like this, have also been shot like this from other guys. Seems to work.

While beein shot from behind rarely ends up in pilot death, or after the plane is anways shot to pieces.

#20 _501_Chomik911

_501_Chomik911

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

Brits are one shot die pilot planes. 75% chance to get pilot killed by 1 shot if you fly Spit/Bfighter. If you fly head to head its almost 95% rotfl.

Also on 6 or higher tiers on all nations one pilot shot kill are very very often than at 5 or lower tiers. Example Lag 33 and Lag 66 same guns same cannons but i never get pilot killed from Lag 33. From Lag 66 very very often. So damage and one shot kills depends from plane tier not from cannons. Higher tiers = more pilot kills. Rotfl again.

Trommelfeuer

Bulletproof window in front of Spits??? Dont make me laugh.

Sry for my bad english.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users