19 replies to this topic

#1 Flachpfeife

Flachpfeife

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hi.
This Question is a Question to the people who have experience with at least one of them Both.

Since i already got the Me262 an think, it is very slow and nott agile, i am thinking about: What next?

I have no idea in which role the Meteors fit in best, and the Ki-200 is like the german Me 163. With less fuel. ^^

So my question is:

If it cames to a Fight, between those two. Which Plane has a better chance to Win? Surely, its 100 percent the pilot, but with one turns better?

second one: Generally in arcade, Mig-15 is better, ain't it?

#2 Kellso

Kellso

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

For arcade go for the Mig,

The firepower will help alot there.

kvMxy6Q.png

#3 CptJack_Sparrow

CptJack_Sparrow

The sword in the darkness

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Thanks

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Flying jets in arcade is asking for trouble. Im afraid you'll get more repair bills than profit there.

Posted ImagePosted Image
"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you." -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach, before his final battle (Johnson 80)

#4 GeneraIKrizmuz

GeneraIKrizmuz

Pigeon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 Thanks

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

262 is the best jet for arcade

Go for the MiG

XY4xUeP.png

special task force bug reporter

#5 SabreWolf

SabreWolf

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3 Thanks

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

MiG-15 is better in Arcade.

F-86 is better in Historical.

Also do remember the F-86 Sabre does not have its FM yet (Pointed out by Trojan), and it will get better.

I've got the Sabre right now, and you can shoot down MiG-15 if you know how to fly right and not get into traps.  :salute:

#6 Flachpfeife

Flachpfeife

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

Tanks alot for you fast answers.
May this gets an interesting discussion.

Generally i dont like playing the Russians, cause they often get said, that they are OP.
so i am looking for a way against them.

The m262 may be best for arcade, but i dont get how to fly that plane. The 163 is a nice one :)

Looks like i should play both of them. 

The thing that makes my angry, is that there are just MIG-15s and Me262 in Arcade.

May historical gets more interesting witha Jet, too. Thank you all. 

and sorry for my bad english. :)

#7 CptJack_Sparrow

CptJack_Sparrow

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Tanks alot for you fast answers.
May this gets an interesting discussion.

Generally i dont like playing the Russians, cause they often get said, that they are OP.
so i am looking for a way against them.

The m262 may be best for arcade, but i dont get how to fly that plane. The 163 is a nice one :)

Looks like i should play both of them. 

The thing that makes my angry, is that there are just MIG-15s and Me262 in Arcade.

May historical gets more interesting witha Jet, too. Thank you all. 

and sorry for my bad english. :)

Nah, matey, they're not op, sure some FM's got bugged there, or some of them aren't done. But they're not op. Soviets are a ''Jack of all trades,master of none'', if you learn how to avoid them, you know how to kill them.

Posted ImagePosted Image
"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you." -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach, before his final battle (Johnson 80)

#8 Darkzero

Darkzero

職業殺手

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Flying jets in arcade is asking for trouble. Im afraid you'll get more repair bills than profit there.

I only play with jets when there's still free repair left.  

BTW, I tried to play jets in Arcade earlier but it time-outed after 10 minutes without finding a game, so I put away my jets and went back to Tier 14-15 and the first game I joined there were a bunch of jets on both sides and it was a 16 vs 16 (usually only encounter jets in 10 vs 10's), and I was like WTF? 

#9 CptJack_Sparrow

CptJack_Sparrow

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

I only play with jets when there's still free repair left.  

BTW, I tried to play jets in Arcade earlier but it time-outed after 10 minutes without finding a game, so I put away my jets and went back to Tier 14-15 and the first game I joined there were a bunch of jets on both sides and it was a 16 vs 16 (usually only encounter jets in 10 vs 10's), and I was like WTF? 

Well that's a rare sight.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Darkzero

Darkzero

職業殺手

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Well that's a rare sight.

It was before 1.31, but now it's much less rare.

#11 LtnBrito

LtnBrito

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

If you are going to stick to Arcade, I would highly recommend the MiG 15. It's the fastest climber in the game, which means you get to decide WHEN and WHERE to fight. It is also an incredibly tough plane, that can take a lot of hits, another important thing in Arcade. The MiG's biggest and, pretty much, only disadvantage is it's ammo capacity, which is irrelevant in Arcade, so you can just B&Z, reload and repeat. 

In the case that you decide to move to Historical, go with the Sabre, like I did. You will be able to out turn him at lower altitudes, you will be able to stay in the fight longer, because of your ammo capacity and your speed brakes are more effective than the MiG's. The M3 50.Cals are actually quite effective and if aimed properly will take fighters out just as quickly as any cannon.  Be careful though, the MiG will still have the advantage in rate of climb and acceleration, so you need to plan your moves well. Also, although the MiG has low ammo capacity, lvl 20 players can usually shoot pretty well, so watch out, 1 hit and you are done.

Hope this helps  ;)s

BBALxVG.png?1      vjHYS9h.jpg?1

#12 HellJumpers

HellJumpers

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

oh boy its this thread again...

the only edge F-86 sabre gives you in arcade is the amount of bullets you have, Mig 15 will have to reload a lot in a medium and longer engagements. in arcade it does not matter which plane is better than other.. its arcade.. only Sabre can chase a mig and keep the fight away from the rest of the team. it generally comes down to who is flying what and how. i have seen some real good sabre pilots in game who have engaged migs and lived and killed in return. Mig has a speed advantage which lts it get away from tricky situations quickly enough. 

For HB sabre is again better due to ammo and better turn rate at low altitude.

so if you ask me..in Arcade go for any of them (you will see more Migs though) for HB get a sabre first.

oh and i know what i am talking about.. i already got a 163,262, sabre and Migs..

havent tried yaks yet..

WT_sig429_zpsdc94ed2d.jpgcPi4kta.gifWT_sig403_zpscfdc9068.jpg

#13 Lemonadier

Lemonadier

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

6 .50ies can make short work of everything that flies. They're better for ammo conversion too. The new patch made the autocannons overpowered, so I'm not sure, but I'd say Sabre is where its at for the fact that it kills almost as fast if you can get into position and that it is easier to (and will be further easier) to get into position with.

#14 Stormcroow

Stormcroow

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Dont forget the underdog He162, my favourite arcade jet and its pretty cheap to repair. I got the sabre and after 1.31 i dont fly it anymore i think its useless. Me262 is a great jet in arcade but i find it hard to master in HB.

Me163 collecting dust til they fix climbrate/fuel otherwise a good plane but with almost a guaranteed loss of credits when played.

Got first Mig9 last night so cant help you with the Mig15 other than its a nasty plane to face.

#15 shadowyangel

shadowyangel

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'll outline jets quickly for you in arcade

163- Good fire power, very fast, low fuel. Few threats from other aircraft. Other threats will come from F86, MiG 15, another 163, and a Shushi. Overall 6/10 because of the fuel problem.

MiG 15. Good fire power, low ammo, very fast. Few threats from other aircraft. Other threats will come from F86, MiG 15, 163. Overall 9/10

F86 Sabre- Bad Firepower, high ammo, very fast. Few threats from other aircraft. Other threats will come from F86, MiG 15, 163. Overall 7/10

Me262- Absurd Firepower, high ammo, not fast. Many threats from other aircraft. Other threats will come from MiG 9, MiG 15, 163, He 162, Bf109 G6/R4, Bf109 G10, Me 163 Overall 9/10 (Due to the ABSURD fire power, it is insane)

He 162- Lol.

Yak 15- Lol

Meteors- F8, SW, and LW are the only threats. The other ones are lol. The 3 highest ones each get a 8/10

Mig 9- High fire power, low ammo, not fast. Threat from everything with a jet engine. 7/10

There you go. 

#16 SabreWolf

SabreWolf

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'll outline jets quickly for you in arcade

163- Good fire power, very fast, low fuel. Few threats from other aircraft. Other threats will come from F86, MiG 15, another 163, and a Shushi. Overall 6/10 because of the fuel problem.

MiG 15. Good fire power, low ammo, very fast. Few threats from other aircraft. Other threats will come from F86, MiG 15, 163. Overall 9/10

F86 Sabre- Bad Firepower, high ammo, very fast. Few threats from other aircraft. Other threats will come from F86, MiG 15, 163. Overall 7/10

Me262- Absurd Firepower, high ammo, not fast. Many threats from other aircraft. Other threats will come from MiG 9, MiG 15, 163, He 162, Bf109 G6/R4, Bf109 G10, Me 163 Overall 9/10 (Due to the ABSURD fire power, it is insane)

He 162- Lol.

Yak 15- Lol

Meteors- F8, SW, and LW are the only threats. The other ones are lol. The 3 highest ones each get a 8/10

Mig 9- High fire power, low ammo, not fast. Threat from everything with a jet engine. 7/10

There you go. 

That is a nice list, indeed. But, The Sabre does not have "Bad Firepower".

Just because it has Machine guns does not mean it's bad. It has M3 Machine guns so it shoots twice as fast, and lights a lot of planes on fire.

And also with this 1.31 gun buff to the .50's, The Sabre overall, does not have a bad firepower, Mostly a short burst is enough to take down planes.  :salute:

#17 shadowyangel

shadowyangel

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yeah bad was a bit too harsh. Mediocre or Average fits better.

#18 MagicSquid

MagicSquid

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Currently in AB there is no contest: the MiG15 reigns supreme as the only tier 20 jet. The Sabre is just junk at the moment.

In 1.31 the MiG15 got a huge rate of fire buff, giving it a rate of fire far above its historical rate. I heard it can fire off its entire 40 round 37mm belt of ammunition before it can even overheat its guns! This goes well with its better than historical bomb loadout. Thanks Gaijin  :facepalm:

Meanwhile, the Sabre finally got its historical bomb loadout. However, it got about 30% of its acceleration nerfed so its now about the slowest accelerating plane in the sky, allowing anything including the MiG15 to chase it down and kill it. That apparently wasn't enough though so they also nerfed some of its other characteristics: top speed and climb rate are now laughably bad as well.

In 1.29 the MiG15 had better climb rate and guns while the Sabre had better speed and maneuverability, so they were different but they were both deadly to each other. Now in 1.31 there is no contest: The MiG15 when flown by a pilot using both hands will destroy the Sabre or any other plane almost every time. The tier 20 Sabre is currently just a lion pinata for the other jets due to the overreaching nerfs. The only tier 20 jet in the game is the MiG15.

The Yer-2 either has 3x as many bombs as it should carry or the B-17 has 1/3 as many bombs as it should carry.

#19 Flachpfeife

Flachpfeife

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Thanks all for your answers.

how is it about the Speed?

Wich one Accelerates better, has the highter dive speed oder top speed? climb rate?

The sabre turns better, ain't it?

#20 Darkzero

Darkzero

職業殺手

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 Thanks

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'm on way to get the Mig-15 ( have the Me 262 too).

Mig-15 have better stats, at least climb rate and top speed.  Sabre turns faster but that does not mean it can turn tighter.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users