Photo

Is it possible to make skins and if not, how to get custom skins?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Jaws

Jaws

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

Hello. I just got back to the game after few good months break. I was playing a bit last night with the little He112B.

While exploring all the tabs in the GUI, I noticed a tab for skins. there was a nice collection of custom skins and I found one for that little slow a$$ He112. :lol:  It was a Romanian one  and since I grew up there it was appealing to me.

I just didn't know how I could get that skin for my plane. It looks like the way the game is setup, you have to get a certain number of kills with the type to get it. That's ok only that the number is FIFTY victories!!! :(s

I barely have few hours in the official version and with the limited time I have, I don't see when I could get that number of kills in that slow plane....Specially with all those tempting fast planes I can easily get with one of the fast track ways.

I find it odd that I can buy a fast plane, can buy my "promotion" to whatever rank I want, I can buy better weapons and engines for my planes, but I can't get a custom skin for my plane, unless I get 50 kills in it.

Is there another way to get my skins? Or even better, can I make my own?

Thanks all for any help or instructions. :salute:  

#2 MeanPanda

MeanPanda

Forum Dweller

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 Thanks

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

You can use the decals, you can kind of paint a plane if you enlarge the decals over the fuselage or wing

hEG2LAa.jpg42k8qCD.jpggZ2O4wj.jpg

#3 Ledo

Ledo

Red Leader

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 Thanks

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

Next patch the Decal system is getting revamped so we could see something for more "customization"

=

#4 Jaws

Jaws

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

You can use the decals, you can kind of paint a plane if you enlarge the decals over the fuselage or wing

Thanks for the quick response. I know about the decals system. I've used it on my Dora, but I'm talking about a specific historical skin available in game. You can't do that with the decal system.

#5 MeanPanda

MeanPanda

Forum Dweller

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 Thanks

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

You can only get those by kills

hEG2LAa.jpg42k8qCD.jpggZ2O4wj.jpg

#6 Ledo

Ledo

Red Leader

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 Thanks

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for the quick response. I know about the decals system. I've used it on my Dora, but I'm talking about a specific historical skin available in game. You can't do that with the decal system.

The D-13 has no skins currently

Only the D-12 has skins.

=

#7 Jaws

Jaws

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

Oh, that's a bummer.  :(s  Thanks for the fast answer.

I don't understand the logic behind that one. You can get everything in the game, that will give you huge advantage over other people the fast way and in order to get a simple skin, you need long  hard work. It makes no sense.

Yesterday I just bought my way over two classes of planes in a few seconds and I have to work a week to get a simple skin for a 1938 plane..... It has no logic.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users