Photo

Interview with Pavel Kulikov, War Thunder's Executive Producer

ground forces release date PS4 fleet ships tanks bomber cockpits clans new patch

105 replies to this topic

#1 Senio

Senio

Bald, bold, badass and bearded

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

POPULAR

Recently during KRI show (Conference of Russian Game developers) Pavel Kulikov, Gaijin Entertainment, Executive Producer of War Thunder gave an interview to the Russian gaming portal GoHa.ru covering the most top rated questions of the player community.

Ground Forces: release date and gameplay

Ground Units will come this year. Recently we’ve published a Teaser, which means that soon we are going to provide more information for the upcoming Ground Forces. As for the frequently asked question,  how all this is going to look , surely we will  make combats for both airplanes and ground units controlled by the players on the same map, but still we will provide the opportunities for our players to take part in airplane-only or ground-force-only games. The tab “army” will be available then, with its own tech trees and so on. Yet I cannot tell anything about certain ground unit classes, there is a huge amount of gameplay, that we are still testing.  Classic tanks will surely be introduced, but concerning the other types of ground units I can not tell now – it is all being tested for now. And we are working hard on the Fleet issue, but for now the priority is Ground Forces. We are making models and tech trees for the ships, and we had showed the screenshots of the ships already, but for now we are mostly focused on the ground forces. Ships are going to come later, that I can tell

What should the players expect from the nearest patches?

First of all the new patch will introduce the clan system. There will be leaderboards. so the players will have the opportunity to find out the one who is not only the best player, but the best squadron as well. And we are going to support this kind of player activity: making tournaments, events and so on. This is all going to come within a next major patch.

We are also going to update the debrief window interface, improve decal options etc.  The new patch will also provide new aircraft and locations. We have just announced first screenshots for the Soviet MiG-3, a high-altitude interceptor fighter. More to come.

Night fights and missions.

We have already night fights, battles in bad weather. We will probably separate them into the specific option to choose, but this is not our top priority task now. Also, we're thinking about adding radars, but we have to test them well before adding into the gameplay.

'Schräge Musik' – will it be introduced and, if it will, when?

The idea of angled weapons is interesting, we have already aircraft models which had this type of weaponry, for example Do.217. One of the upcoming updates will bring the Do.217 with “Schräge Musik” system.

When will the controls be finalized?

Optimization of game controls is a very fluid process. Our patent-pending mouse aim system was extremely good from the very beginning, now we have to adjust it to the perfection. As for joysticks and devices – the work is in progress now, some enhancements were introduced already, much more are to come. One of the upcoming updates will bring response curves available from the interface, for example. Our guideline here is our players' feedback – we're trying to make our controls comfortable for all War Thunder pilots.

Bomber cockpits

Bombers’ cockpits gonna be added as soon as they are ready, not all at once, for now we have a couple of cockpits being ready, one of them “Peshka” has already been shown. And one more thing – you have nothing to worry about, we are not going to copy the same cockpit for different modifications of one plane, they gonna be original for every craft.

New nations.

Concerning new nations to be introduced – next ones will be the Italians. They already have some biplanes, a good fighter – M.C.202, bombers. But still lack top-level aircrafts, as soon as we introduce top planes (they're being developped now), the Italians will become a separate Nation to play. France will be introduced after Italy.

Summary

So this year we will introduce ground units, cross-platform for PC and PS4 gaming, also MacOS, Android and iOS versions are in development, this year is very promising and we have surprises for you yet to be announced.

#2 AbfangJager

AbfangJager

World War II Database 70,385 Files,1,774 Folders

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

Good news Schräge Musik and Italy tech tree... 

3 axis 3 allied tech tree sound good

I would like to use G55 fighter.

#3 coyob

coyob

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Sounds great. I wonder if we'll be getting night-fighter skins for the planes. They're so cool.

#4 Rage33

Rage33

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Good news Schräge Musik and Italy tech tree... 

3 axis 3 allied tech tree sound good

I would like to use G55 fighter.

France would make 4 allied nations. British, French, Russian and American,

#5 lastlaugh

lastlaugh

Pilot officer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Future of joysticks looks grimm.

Posted Image

#6 coyob

coyob

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Future of joysticks looks grimm.

I somehow think it will even out.

Arcade will be mouse only.

FRB will be joystick only.
HB will be the ground were both joysticks and mouseaimers meet, yet, for it to work, aiming system will have to lean towards joysticks, because at the current state, it's like playing basketball with slippers.

#7 Elnaen

Elnaen

Officer cadet

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

No. Even they fought with same enemy, USSR was head of the Comitern till 1943. I think we cannot count USSR in Allies.

ico-facebook-logo.png War Thunder Türkiye Facebook sayfası açıldı!
Duyurular, haberler ve sürprizler için sayfayı nişangahınıza alın ve beğenmeye başlayın!

#8 Botan

Botan

Marshal of the Air Force

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Vichy? :Ps  Some France vs UK battles in HB will be interesting

gr9l.jpg

RB events player  No. 301 Polish Bomber Squadron "Land of Pomerania" Creating list of possible planes changes in historical events - you may help.

#9 AbfangJager

AbfangJager

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hımmm , oke 3 time big Luftwaffe Tech tree.. 500 different aircraft type desing RLM

Nato vs Soviet Pac  :lol:

#10 G0MEZ

G0MEZ

Officer cadet

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Wonderful. I'm all excited.

mustangsig.jpg

#11 Scarper

Scarper

Marshal of the Air Force

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Very good guys, most impressive.

#12 aaveq

aaveq

Aircraftman

• Ground Forces Tester
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

cross-platform for PC and PS4 gaming,

PS4 with auto aim even in FRB :crazy: ? or players without js@ps4 are going to be cannon fodder?

surprises

:lol:

#13 AbfangJager

AbfangJager

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

First and foremost, the current must be completed.

example : JAPAN

#14 ANGRY_UFO

ANGRY_UFO

Group captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

No. Even they fought with same enemy, USSR was head of the Comitern till 1943. I think we cannot count USSR in Allies.

Lol. So we need to make 3rd fraction, Axis allies and USSR&friends...

#15 Redbull0329

Redbull0329

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Can't wait for that radar system since I own 4 german planes with the Hirschgeweih Radar system

I also want to see the P-61 Black Widow !

Northrop_P-61_green_airborne.jpg

An american night fighter with 4 2000lbs bombs or 4 HVARs, a radar and 4 20mms together with a 4x .50 cal turret looking forward. A very odd plane, I'd love to see it being implemented! Probably Level 14 with bombs or Level 12 without bombs. Could follow the Level 10 P-38 and come before the Level 13 P-51 Mustang. 

*_* Climb high, stay alive *_*

warthunderHBsig.pngwarthunderWoTsig.png

#16 Rage33

Rage33

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

No. Even they fought with same enemy, USSR was head of the Comintern till 1943. I think we cannot count USSR in Allies.

The Soviet Union did buy quite a few P-39 Airacobras from the USA. Even shipping a BF109 over to America. ;) You could class that as an ally.

Sovyetler Birliği ABD'den pek çok P-39 Airacobras satın aldınız. Hatta Amerika'ya üzerinde bir BF109 nakliye. Yapabilirsin sınıf olduğunu;) bir müttefik olarak. :salute:

#17 Otto3

Otto3

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Dobry Djen Pavel.

I'm currently play birds of steel. And I can't wait to play the console version of war thunder - ground forces. My questions are:

1. Will there be a retail version of the console version or will there be a free to play download version?

2. Will the tank guns have authentic gun aiming optics for each type of tank like in the game Panzer Front Ausf.B in the console version. For example the Tiger I tank had other aiming optiks as a Panzer IV or a Panzer III?

3. Will all the bommbers in the console version have authentic cockpits at the launch of the game?

4. How many playable different types of planes, tanks and ships will arrive in the console version?

5. Would it be possible to play artillery like the Flak 36, Pak 40, le FH 18 ans s FH 18 or the soviet 7,62 mm Pak and the 122 mm and 152 mm howitzer?

In Question 5 I ment the soviet 76,2 mm anti tank gun.

#18 T0rnik

T0rnik

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

improve decal options etc

I hope this includes more number decals, and them being placed in separate 'Numbers' section.

grislawski.png

#19 Onewayz

Onewayz

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Yay!

#20 PL_Andrev

PL_Andrev

Marshal of the Air Force

• Community Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16 Thanks

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Summary

So this year we will introduce ground units, cross-platform for PC and PS4 gaming, also MacOS, Android and iOS versions are in development, this year is very promising and we have surprises for you yet to be announced.

What? This year?

:facepalm:

Want to play tanks at this map? Vote: http://forum.warthun...s/#entry3123115

Ax1Gji4.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ground forces, release date, PS4, fleet, ships, tanks, bomber cockpits, clans, new patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users