81 replies to this topic

#61 Wursteslav

Wursteslav

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

have you tested some nonlinearity settings? like 1.6 or so?

Its on 2-2.5 ._.

2vl1f88.jpg 1jb4oy.jpg

#62 Crocodeel

Crocodeel

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

Some of the WT flight models are super twitchy, just compare 109 or Spit in WT with the same in Cliffs of Dover. And it depends on your stick, too.

Adding some smoothing(lowering sens) to the WT FMs can help them become more realistic.

Edited by MajorTurtle, 24 November 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#63 Wursteslav

Wursteslav

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Some of the WT flight models are super twitchy, just compare 109 or Spit in WT with the same in Cliffs of Dover. And it depends on your stick, too.

Adding some smoothing(lowering sens) to the WT FMs can help them become more realistic.

Thanks, I keep watching FRB videos and always envy the streamer for their silky smooth commands, I guess it might be up to the game itself, the only other sim I've played is Rise of Flight.

2vl1f88.jpg 1jb4oy.jpg

#64 Crocodeel

Crocodeel

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Also keep in mind many of those streamers/youtubers are expert flightsim veterans since 5, 10, 15 years. And/or an IRL pilot. it's simply not realistic for someone who has played for "only" 2 years, to be as good as Oz or JG4 Karaya etc.

Edited by MajorTurtle, 24 November 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#65 Wursteslav

Wursteslav

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

Been playing some more with the stick, and it just feels off, even when testing and viewing the axis it follows large movements well enough, but when I try to make slight movements then the axis thing jiggles up and down as if my hand is shaky.

2vl1f88.jpg 1jb4oy.jpg

#66 Karaya_one

Karaya_one

Air marshal

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

well, after some use the potentiometers wear out rather quick in the Extreme 3D pro. Check if your stick is making proper circles with a testing tool.

#67 Wursteslav

Wursteslav

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Full circles are fine, it seems the accuracy is off (kind of like with the throttle that can sometimes jump from 98%-99%-100% back and forth) with the throttle I dont mind tho.

Sadly in thirdworldistan the only good joystick for sale seems to be this Logitech, I was trying to find the Thrustmaster 16k but no one seems to have it for sale, I also found the Saitek X52 for the painful price of 160e. But if you think thats bad the Logitech 3D Pro ran for around 70e, nearly double from what I was able to find online (but no delivery).

2vl1f88.jpg 1jb4oy.jpg

#68 B2_Otyg

B2_Otyg

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

I bought my tmaster16 from pixmania and I think they ship all over the place.
Not sure where thirdworldistan is. But I sure sounds far away:(

joystick.gif                                     9o1wd4r.jpg

#69 Karaya_one

Karaya_one

Air marshal

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Full circles are fine, it seems the accuracy is off (kind of like with the throttle that can sometimes jump from 98%-99%-100% back and forth) with the throttle I dont mind tho.

Sadly in thirdworldistan the only good joystick for sale seems to be this Logitech, I was trying to find the Thrustmaster 16k but no one seems to have it for sale, I also found the Saitek X52 for the painful price of 160e. But if you think thats bad the Logitech 3D Pro ran for around 70e, nearly double from what I was able to find online (but no delivery).

I feel your pain, looked for a T16k, found one place that was out of stock. Went to India to get it next (was there for a short while), but the city I was in (Kolkata) was also out of stock and they said it had to be ordered in from Delhi, which would have taken a week, time I did not have.  Same thing with finding things online, but no delivery. The 3d Pro I got was for 50$ in Bangladesh, but on the bright side it came with a 1 year warranty.

Well, going to USA to get stuff this December!

Edited by Karaya_one, 30 November 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#70 Blackbird1

Blackbird1

Squadron leader

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

Has anyone a good controll setup for FW190? Logitech 3d

#71 Wursteslav

Wursteslav

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Has anyone a good controll setup for FW190? Logitech 3d

Eh I think the 190 needs a quite low sensitivity and high nonlinearity, with standard settings it cant make small adjustments, it can either aim way below an enemy, or if you try to correct it, way above.

I think its not the joysticks fault tho I think this one has Gaijin to blame.

2vl1f88.jpg 1jb4oy.jpg

#72 Blackbird1

Blackbird1

Squadron leader

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

Thank you.I will try it.I hope the new fm will be better...

#73 Karaya_one

Karaya_one

Air marshal

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

190 A aint too bad with the FM, it is in fact overperforming slightly in the climb department (which all planes in WT do, mind you)

use my settings, use 0 or full sensitivity (based on preferance) for pitch, and 0.9 multiplier for pitch

#74 Dr_Sauss

Dr_Sauss

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I've found it very helpful to significantly decrease the sensitivity by creating a profile for War Thunder in the "Logitech Profiler" (Logitech Gaming Software in the start menu) application. Standard setting for all axes is 50%. I've set the Y-axis (pitch) to 5%, which allows me to run lower nonlinearity without it being too twitchy around the center. IMO this helps with aiming in more situations since you can better make fine adjustments when pursuing someone in a turn, rather than just when flying straight. You still retain full range of motion too (Range set to 100%). I also have the sensitivity in War Thunder itself set to the lowest possible setting (at least for the pitch axis). This does NOT reduce range as I've seen people mention. Only a Multiplier setting under 1.0 will do that as far as I can tell.

Edited by Dr_Sauss, 04 December 2013 - 10:17 PM.

J4dqCFH.gifSBIB6iY.gifcPi4kta.gifflSxJQl.gif

#75 konfus

konfus

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hei Dr_Sauss, would you share your other percentages (Yaw and Roll)? I d really like to try your settings.

Thanks

#76 Karaya_one

Karaya_one

Air marshal

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I've found it very helpful to significantly decrease the sensitivity by creating a profile for War Thunder in the "Logitech Profiler" (Logitech Gaming Software in the start menu) application. Standard setting for all axes is 50%. I've set the Y-axis (pitch) to 5%, which allows me to run lower nonlinearity without it being too twitchy around the center. IMO this helps with aiming in more situations since you can better make fine adjustments when pursuing someone in a turn, rather than just when flying straight. You still retain full range of motion too (Range set to 100%). I also have the sensitivity in War Thunder itself set to the lowest possible setting (at least for the pitch axis). This does NOT reduce range as I've seen people mention. Only a Multiplier setting under 1.0 will do that as far as I can tell.

It does not decrease range, but lower sensitivity increases stability by virtue of inducing input lag.

#77 Snake_Oil

Snake_Oil

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

Airmen! I have a problem I may just have to find a way to live with, but am praying for a solution.

I have just finished reading all of the posts here, as I just purchased the Extreme 3D Pro, and am in the process of trying to get it setup.  One thing I am not certain I can live with is the 'realism' of the horizon turning, and the plane staying level!  I am a bit older than most gamers, and WT has only recently replaced a TON of my playing time on SWTOR.

I digress. What I need to know is, can the joystick be used in a mode exactly like the mouse as far as aircraft turning and not horizon?

Thanks!

#78 Cacti

Cacti

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

Airmen! I have a problem I may just have to find a way to live with, but am praying for a solution.

I have just finished reading all of the posts here, as I just purchased the Extreme 3D Pro, and am in the process of trying to get it setup.  One thing I am not certain I can live with is the 'realism' of the horizon turning, and the plane staying level!  I am a bit older than most gamers, and WT has only recently replaced a TON of my playing time on SWTOR.

I digress. What I need to know is, can the joystick be used in a mode exactly like the mouse as far as aircraft turning and not horizon?

Thanks!

I am not sure if i understand what you are askin

Operations Commander, Militarygamers.com

A community for current and former US service members

#79 B2_Otyg

B2_Otyg

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

I have just finished reading all of the posts here, as I just purchased the Extreme 3D Pro, and am in the process of trying to get it setup. One thing I am not certain I can live with is the 'realism' of the horizon turning, and the plane staying level! I am a bit older than most gamers, and WT has only recently replaced a TON of my playing time on SWTOR.

Thanks!

Don't pull the stick to fast and trim your aircraft.
I guess?

joystick.gif                                     9o1wd4r.jpg

#80 Wursteslav

Wursteslav

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

I believe he is asking is there a way to only have your aircraft tilt and turn, while the 'rest of the world' stays level, as opposed to the camera being fixed to your plane, meaning if you fly upside down the camera will also be upside down.

In that case I have no idea how it is in arcade or HB anymore, tho I dont remember it being possible before either, it would be too arcady to play like that.

2vl1f88.jpg 1jb4oy.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users