CAN_Adler

Bomber Cockpit

17 posts in this topic

Just read about the work on bomber cockpits.

FRB = Full Real Battles. Bomber cockpit view is a huge step toward realism.

As it is now, Bombers have a huge advantage of sight in the game. They can direct team with full 360 view.

Going to get alot more challenging.

I like to try to use my instrument panel in a game. Helps to stay level in the clouds.

suggestions:

red green indicator light for gear.

make bombers open bomb bay doors before a drop and close them after. A bomber will not go as fast with open doors.

Just some thoughts.

Great job WT team..

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

bomb doors should get its own button, they shouldnt open automatically, fully agree.

WIP pics already looked great and i cant wait to see them in game.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

My wishlist:

He111

h8.jpg

DO217_Photo1_007.jpgDO217_Photo1_022.jpg

.....and many, many more :Ds.

I'm really glad to hear about this phenomenal news, hopefully this will improve the bomber's gameplay in FRB :salute:

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

I actually made a "thank you" thread to send Gaijin the message that these Work in Progress updates are a step in the right direction.  Instead of just raging when they do stuff wrong, we also need to praise them when they do stuff right.  http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/31384-will-you-do-more-work-in-progress-features/

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

make bombers open bomb bay doors before a drop and close them after. A bomber will not go as fast with open doors.

Yesss yesss, more buttonssss i like buttonssss! Preciousss buttonsss

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Saving my bomber/attacker gameplay for cockpits :P

dito,don`t  like it to hang in the air like a gallow bird

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

[quote name="KG255_Jabo" post="363658" timestamp="1367002757"]Just read about the work on bomber cockpits. FRB = Full Real Battles. Bomber cockpit view is a huge step toward realism. As it is now, Bombers have a huge advantage of sight in the game. They can direct team with full 360 view. Going to get alot more challenging. I like to try to use my instrument panel in a game. Helps to stay level in the clouds.   suggestions: red green indicator light for gear. make bombers open bomb bay doors before a drop and close them after. A bomber will not go as fast with open doors.   Just some thoughts.   Great job WT team..[/quote] I concur with these suggestions. We need to open and close bomb doors where applicable. ATC

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Just read the news post. Looks like they are modeling the gunners seat too? Does this mean 1st person gunner?!?!?!?! would be awesome

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Just read about the work on bomber cockpits.

FRB = Full Real Battles. Bomber cockpit view is a huge step toward realism.

As it is now, Bombers have a huge advantage of sight in the game. They can direct team with full 360 view.

Going to get alot more challenging.

I like to try to use my instrument panel in a game. Helps to stay level in the clouds.

suggestions:

red green indicator light for gear.

Just some thoughts.

Great job WT team..

Not only for F'R'B.

I play HB with joystick (like 40% of HB players do - according to devs) and (ALWAYS) with closed canopy.

As soon as F'R'B will be realistic as to the spotting of enemy planes, I'll switch to it immediately.

No more mouse-aimers and 3rd person view flyers then to bother with.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

I play HB with joystick (like 40% of HB players do - according to devs)

I don't quite believe that almost half of HB uses joysticks.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

I don't quite believe that almost half of HB uses joysticks.

From the latest Q&A:

Q:Hans.J.Marseille: The gap between FRB and HB is large and the users find it difficult to play in both modes. Perhaps a joystick only tick box.

A:Ilya/Anton- the controls can be adjusted after entering battle. So it would be technically difficult, data shows 40% of users are currently using sticks in HB.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

A:Ilya/Anton- the controls can be adjusted after entering battle. So it would be technically difficult, data shows 40% of users are currently using sticks in HB.

I'm sure, that they cannot tell who is actually flying joystick or not. I think those 40% are NOT using mouse-aim, but the other control modes in HB (simplified/realistic/full aircraft controls).

This does not mean that they are flying joystick/gamepad, it is also possible that they use keyboard only or relative mouse control like in battlefield!

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

C'mon, he said STICKS!

And, BTW, I use full aircraft control in HB.

I have three bottom axis/wheels on my G940 JS (see my sig) mapped to trims...

370152_0c.jpg

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Its great GJ is finally working on the cockpits, but notice it is a Pe-2, a small attack type, more like 110 or Ju87.

Wait till they try the much bigger B-17 or He-111

Still, I am REALLY happy GJ is moving forward on this!

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

C'mon, he said STICKS!
And, BTW, I use full aircraft control in HB.

I have three bottom axis/wheels on my G940 JS (see my sig) mapped to trims...
370152_0c.jpg

pushing this poor thread off topic but my G940 will arrive in the mail tomorrow :D

Back on topic: I can't wait for the cockpits I've been wanting to play some more attackers.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel