2 replies to this topic

#1 Inkompetent

Inkompetent

Flying officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 Thanks

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

I posted this at Reddit as well, but thought I should share it with the forum too. Wasn't sure if to post it in the HB forum or here, but this seems more proper, since I actually want to post it as a display of the Boom and Zoom technique.

Tonight me and a friend (Smiskomatic) flew a battle at Korea as USA in our F4U-1a Corsairs, meeting up to Yak-3 fighters, most notably a fairly skilled squadron of four planes (Two Yak-9s, Yak-3, and Yak-1 if I recall correctly) that I think had the clan-tag WDZ.

Although our own team slowly got shredded in furballs by the superior numbers of Russian planes in the swarm, me and my buddy stuck to BnZ-tactics, dropping down from about 2000m altitude, before breaking off and getting back up again.

We slowly injured a good part of the enemy side of the furball and managed one kill each, harassing them almost all the way back their airfield before we broke off to return home and reload.

The enemies didn't let us however, first a lone Yak-1 keeping us busy, and then two I-153s and one Yak-3 coming as final reinforcement, being their last planes.

My friend Smiskomatic got hit by our own AAA over our base and got both wings quite damaged, and eventually ran out of ammunition as well, but by good communication and persistently trying to stay untouchable we wore them down and managed to win.

TLDR: Awesome BnZ winning game. Worth watching to learn the glory of Boom and Zoom tactics.

You can get the replay file here: https://www.dropbox.... med Smisk.wrpl

#2 _Mental_

_Mental_

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

First off, thanks for the replay. I always like to view BnZ tactics especially with American planes since it takes a bit more getting used to than German ones.

One suggestion though, please take these replays with Fraps or with MSI Afterburner. The ingame replay system is seriously borked, it doesn't give aiming reticules or any HUD so it's difficult to judge speeds/altitudes etc. (Not trying to flame, just a friendly suggestion)

#3 Inkompetent

Inkompetent

Flying officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 Thanks

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, I wish I actually had it properly recorded, but alas it's not my thing to record stuff. I prefer to not need to go through the hassle of recording software and youtube uploads, even though I know the longevity of replays is pretty short with how they break them every few patches. Unfortunately so much not my thing that I probably wouldn't even manage to take screenshots in-game even if I bound it to the gun trigger >.<

Then again it is kind'a nice with the bonus of being able to view the action from different planes in the reviews.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users