Vitality/Healing speed?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Whiptea

Whiptea

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hello, been playing War Thunder for about a month, still not sure how these two skills effect each other.

I hope a improved explanation of crew skills is coming, because for a beginner its very hard to tell whats what ;)

Anyways I know vitality improves a pilots HP pool and also recovery speed, while healing speed just gives a flat bonus to recovery speed.

I am trying to get my repair and pilot healing as optimal as I can so that I can take advantage of free repairs without having to wait for hours.

With that in mind which is better for getting my pilot healed asap? so far I've been pumping vitality because I hate getting 1 shot when my pilot dies.

There is no empirical data as to what some of the crew skills specifically do, that I've been able to find anyways haha, any help appreciated

#2 WildBlueYonder

WildBlueYonder

39ª Squadriglia LINCI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 Thanks
-LINCI- 39a Squadriglia Linci

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Vitality and Healing speed have no effect on free repairs.

"you're heavier, don't expect to zoom-climb better."- A WWII Japanese pilot

Posted Image

#3 Bullitthead

Bullitthead

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I only train vitality and healing because they are cheap and don't require a lot of points to get them up compared to some other stuff.  This helps unlock expert qualification for the plane.  Expert gives +30 points to keen vision, visibility, reload speed and repair speed when you buy it.  So it does help you get to expert qualification faster and does effect free repairs because of this.   I will even spend crew points training the vitality and healing on my gunners even for a fighter with no gunners just to get expert unlocked faster.

#4 Whiptea

Whiptea

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Vitality and Healing speed have no effect on free repairs.

I'm pretty sure they do, if you look under a plane at how long it takes to repair it says (crew included.) So if you have automatic repairs turned off and your pilot was injured, recovery speed effects how fast he is healed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users