13 replies to this topic

#1 Sorelia

Sorelia

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

I saw this was introduced, but is it already active in game - that is, is it in the queue yet - or coming out at the same time as the premium special on Sunday?

#2 SteeeveMaddennn

SteeeveMaddennn

(NemesisVS)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 Thanks
[HAM] Handsome and Macho

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

That map exists for at least 2 months already, it just wasn't chosen to be played. Well, I think it will be introduced the same time everyone gets the Premium.

So you can already test it in custom battles

I'm finally fed up with this community, it has changed so much over the time, I will just visit the forums to look for official information and nothing else.

Meanwhile, I'm playing the game. Too many nerds.

#3 Madwolf

Madwolf

Marshal of the Air Force

• WTPC Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 Thanks
=5thBG= Warbirds

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

What type of ground targets are there? I'm a bit excited for this match because it sounds like its going to be a map for strategic bombers.
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Sorelia

Sorelia

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

What type of ground targets are there? I'm a bit excited for this match because it sounds like its going to be a map for strategic bombers.

If it is anything like the map available in custom battles, it will be full of the same old ground targets :(

#5 Sorelia

Sorelia

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Is it just me or do the ground targets not scale up for this map?  It always seems to be the exact same.

#6 SunsetShimmers

SunsetShimmers

Stat Padder and Kill Stealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 Thanks
[REPF] Royal Equestrian Ponyville Force

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

Just played this map in Arcade. It has a large amount of spread out artillery, AAA and heavy tanks.

Didn't notice any pillboxes, so battles will be fairly fast on this map.

#7 Trommelfeuer

Trommelfeuer

Don Trommel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1408 Thanks

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yesterday I had several rank 8 + battles on that map, 72 GT per side, only "soft targets", average game lasts about 5 minutes (@rank 8 +):

berlin-suburbs2olo8.jpg

Spoiler

#8 ChrisAsmith

ChrisAsmith

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

It's a terrible map.  Static targets are all soft AAA/artillery and the only hard targets are heavy tanks. Fighter-bombers/attackers go straight for the tanks and by the time you reach the ground units in a heavy bomber there's only a few artillery left which are worthless.  If you're going to play a heavy bomber on this map you should just rush their base since it's quite close.

#9 DHL_Revan

DHL_Revan

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

1st crash with a new msg for me (direct3d render failed or smth..) on this map. Other maps are fine.

#10 DeFCoN

DeFCoN

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Thanks
[EVIL] Evil Chickens

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

what i miss on this map are the flak towers , those are nice hard targets for bombers

#11 Polifimia

Polifimia

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks
-PEOS- Pou Einai Oi Symaxoi

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

indeed, heavy bombers seem to have a large disadvantage in this map. In paralllel it is attacker´s heaven...

On the other hand the luck of heavy targets (i.e. pillboxes) make the battle not lasting up to the last minute and it is good to make fast credits.

As it is now I would add 2-3 pillboxes in the AA series (which strangely lack a pillbox, even the light version) just to make the map a bit more fair for heavy bombers.

Else heavy bomber can really benefit from airbase attacks.

#12 Colonel_Tie

Colonel_Tie

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 Thanks

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

Every side rushs the super soft ground targets ... after 5 min ... game over ... boring

tbwxgt59.jpg

#13 Starscream49290

Starscream49290

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

this map is a huge income booster if you have the Tu-2, or the german captured willington. there is no pillbox, and your 100kg bombs can one shot heavy tanks. 

#14 SunsetShimmers

SunsetShimmers

Stat Padder and Kill Stealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 Thanks
[REPF] Royal Equestrian Ponyville Force

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

this map is a huge income booster if you have the Tu-2, or the german captured willington. there is no pillbox, and your 100kg bombs can one shot heavy tanks. 

Planes with 50 kg bombs do well too; 2 of those bombs will kill a heavy tank, and only one is needed for artillery and AAA.

A Ju-88 or He-111 with 32x 50 kg bombs can kill a LOT of targets before they need to reload.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users