28 replies to this topic

#1 henrysai

henrysai

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hey guys i been shooting and playing with the plane and the problem is that when i want it to go down it woudnt if it does then he crashes. Do you guys no why?

#2 Shackram

Shackram

Officer cadet

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 3 Thanks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

First off "no" and "know" doesn't mean the same thing.

As for the plane, it has poor elevator control above 550km/h so when you dive you have to mind your air speed or you'll go straight o the ground, it can't recover fast enough. When you're above 500km/h you have to level and bleed some speed before you can dive again.

r2jjoz.jpg  2a5kynn.jpg

#3 Madwolf

Madwolf

Marshal of the Air Force

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 Thanks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

The Instructor, if you're using simplified controls, auto crashes the plane. I don't know why, but if you ever dive over something like 170kmh it auto locks your elevator and you go straight into the ground. Don't worry, it does this on all variants.

jjoystickuser.png e2IUrhQ.png

#4 HerrEilig

HerrEilig

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

Same goes for the I-153 btw.

#5 joethelion

joethelion

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

No way the Germans ever engineered anything this horrendous,, this is some Gaijin fail sauce.

Get Off My Six!

#6 CmdrSloth

CmdrSloth

Slothicus Maximus

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 Thanks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

No way the Germans ever engineered anything this horrendous,, this is some Gaijin fail sauce.

The entire He-112 series was only produced in very, very small numbers for a number of reasons.

1) Out dated design.

2) Short wings that provided lacking lift and maneuverability. 

3) It was competing against the BF-109, which outperformed it in basically everyway.

And, the Germans we're known for some pretty serious engenering blunders during WWII, namely, there ridiculously heavy tanks, while scary, we're ultimately outmaneuvered by faster ones, and there fascination with terror weaponry like the V1, V2, and gigantic railway guns, rather than competing very real, and more practical, designs on there drawing boards which were mothballed like Air-2-Air missile technology.

hlZcnxq.jpg6SWGYqh.jpgnQv5ZP7.jpg

#7 joethelion

joethelion

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

The entire He-112 series was only produced in very, very small numbers for a number of reasons.

1) Out dated design.

3) It was competing against the BF-109, which outperformed it in basically everyway.

And, the Germans we're known for some pretty serious engenering blunders during WWII, namely, there ridiculously heavy tanks, while scary, we're ultimately outmaneuvered by faster ones, and there fascination with terror weaponry like the V1, V2, and gigantic railway guns, rather than competing very real, and more practical, designs on there drawing boards which were mothballed like Air-2-Air missile technology.

Actually no, that is not an example of bad engineering, it is an example of bad decision making by the politicians and generals who ultimately make the decisions on what to build, they wanted the heavy tanks, Hitler wanted the terror weapons including V-rockets, which by the way where easily the most advanced rockets of the time period.    The Germans where the first to engineer good practical use jet engines and get them manufactured even under very limited conditions.

The Horton brothers engineered the first stealth plane during the war, the Horton 229,  which was a twin jet flying wing that could out perform the ME 262 in practically every measure and enough radar detection prevention that it might have won the Battle for Britain.

German engineering ingenuity is pretty much unparalleled, it is the management that cost them and the maniacal Hitler that in the end, lost the war.

Get Off My Six!

#8 Huggernaught

Huggernaught

Corporal

• Ground Forces Tester
  • Pip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

All the He 112 variants are lawn darts. The things pick up speed pretty easily - but they're uncontrollable in a dive. The only really good tier 4 German fighters are the M.C. 202 and Bf 110.

#9 Reaganomics

Reaganomics

Flight lieutenant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 Thanks

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

rvQuE1hl.jpg

I got it up to x11 before I was shot down. Among the planes I killed were Chaika and I-16s, so the He-112 can actually turn. Yes, the He-112 will lock up if you go much higher than around 400KPH. So don't.

What you need to do is use your keyboard along with your mouse. You can 'force' a plane to turn faster or roll faster than it normally would with mouse controls alone. Use A or D to roll, and S to pull back on the stick. You can also use your keyboard to force the plane to respond when you get locked in a dive or whatever. Sometimes.

#10 PerfectDeath

PerfectDeath

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 Thanks

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

Love the one with a single 20mm cannon, it is great to fly to polish up your nose cannon aim. =]

But yes, you do need some manual control to get it to out perform everyone else.

It does hit a wall around the time the 109s start showing up, that small max speed cap makes it impossible to boom and zoom effectively.  This one is one of the few german turn fighters.  I was tempted to keep one around as I unlocked the 109s but again, max speed made it very hard to deal with all the energy fighters poping up.  So I got the MC 202 Folgore instead. =P

#11 joethelion

joethelion

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

I got it up to x11 before I was shot down. Among the planes I killed were Chaika and I-16s, so the He-112 can actually turn. Yes, the He-112 will lock up if you go much higher than around 400KPH. So don't.

What you need to do is use your keyboard along with your mouse. You can 'force' a plane to turn faster or roll faster than it normally would with mouse controls alone. Use A or D to roll, and S to pull back on the stick. You can also use your keyboard to force the plane to respond when you get locked in a dive or whatever. Sometimes.

yea what you are describing is the way many of us fly already, it doesn't make the 112 a good plane though, it's still a total dog, and yes I've had good sessions and gone x5 kill streaks with them,  bad competition doesn't make it a good plane either.

The tier 5 Folgore is at least a maneuverable plane, even with it's weak armament.   If the 112 had enough power to get up to altitude it would be an acceptable bomber hunter with it's cannons, but it's just too weak to get the job done with any degree of consistency.

Until you get your first 109 set at tier 7 you are really operating at a large handicap in Germans, you can try getting a Stuka w/ cannons and hope for newbs who will fly straight at you(this trick helped me level), but in general it's just a sick feeling to fly German until you level past 6.  As I've said before, the 109's need to tier up starting around 4 or 5 and not just rain down on you at 6 and 7.

Get Off My Six!

#12 BrooklynTheFurry

BrooklynTheFurry

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

1) Out dated design.

actually the HE-112 prototype outmaneuvered the BF-109, it simply came down to the fact the 109 was quicker and cheaper to build, while be slightly faster. Actually the HE-112 B was faster then the 109B when it was redesigned, Germany just decided to stick with the 109. The fight model in game just needs work.

#13 _9viper

_9viper

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

all he 112s are tricky to fly, but if u know how there are so much fun.

plus he 112 a-0 variant(one cannon) is very sturdy and can turn very fast even if its one or both wings are black. u dont feel any damage penalty in that thing, but diving in those is not an option

#14 HolyDeath

HolyDeath

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

I agree on B-0 variant of He 112. The other two planes are fine to pilot even if aren't that good in game. B-0 has some strange problems when turning (smoke goes out of your wings, you start to spin uncontrollably and hit the ground), making it completely useless. At least on my controls, maybe it flies better if you have more professional gear...

#15 ROMMEL34

ROMMEL34

Generalfeldmarschall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 Thanks

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

It has a bomber FM most likely.

#16 Nadem

Nadem

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

rvQuE1hl.jpg

What you need to do is use your keyboard along with your mouse. You can 'force' a plane to turn faster or roll faster than it normally would with mouse controls alone. Use A or D to roll, and S to pull back on the stick. You can also use your keyboard to force the plane to respond when you get locked in a dive or whatever. Sometimes.

This applies to all planes, whenever you're using mouse-aim it's a very good idea to use the keyboard for maximum control-surface usage. It takes a while to truly master, but it will open up some more "joystick-esque" tricks you can pull with your plane that you'd never be able to do using only the mouse.

#17 OpInfo

OpInfo

"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Thanks

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Do I suck at the HE 112 B-0?

In Gaijin Russia the He 112 sucks you.

Not every player aspires to ascend to Pro Sim Flyer Status, some just want to fly. It's a preference, not a display of abilities. 16 skins for your consideration
ecMKota.png  3ein.png

#18 Shad73

Shad73

Flying officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

what would be fine is that they add the successor, the HE-100 after the HE-112.

It's a beautiful plane and was faster then the 109 back then.

#19 Nope

Nope

Glorious Premier of the Soviet Union of Chaikas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 Thanks

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

It has a bomber FM most likely.

Complete lies. The thing turns EXTREMELY well, rivaling the likes of the Spitfire. However, its rudder authority sucks, thus being bad for mouse aim.

#20 long5hot

long5hot

Air Forces Tester

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 Thanks

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Complete lies. The thing turns EXTREMELY well, rivaling the likes of the Spitfire. However, its rudder authority sucks, thus being bad for mouse aim.

Exactly, and this has a way of making it drop altitude alarmingly in tight turns, more so than most other fighters.  The instructor tries to compensate with the rudder but doesn't move it far enough & I find I have to manually intervene to keep the nose up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users