55 replies to this topic

#21 Drakton

Drakton

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

I re-opened my ticket they closed about the Tu-2.  I don't understand why they told me I could play the plane and then closed my ticket.

I'm a bit tiffed now also about the fact that I bought Wings of Prey in 2010 and the War Thunder closed beta was never communicated to me.  I know that's in the past now, but it seems my whole account here is in some sort of state of ScrewYouYou'reJacked status or something.  And when I first heard of War Thunder beta on a youtube channel, I was so excited.  But it was invite-only at the time.  And then I found out I was supposed to have been one of the first invited as a Wings of Prey owner.

Thank you all for the information you've provided here.  Some of you have suggested that not having the Tu-2 isn't a big deal; that the plane sucks.  That's fine, but there's more to getting the gift plane than whether it sucks or not.  A couple of examples... 1.  Premium plane bonuses.  2.  Another plane to swap in and out of play for those times when you don't want to pay for repairs, and let them repair over time.  3.  Other planes "suck" but are enjoyable to play nonetheless.  Some planes work better for some peoples' play style, where it might "suck" for other players' play style.

#22 Stevefin

Stevefin

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

I don't know how I got mine. it appeared either when II brought gold or brought the Dora pack

#23 tractorkiller

tractorkiller

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

where do you get the downloads for the ultra starter pack I cannot find them anywhere it says go to your purchases but I see no download tags please help

#24 Oddball1015

Oddball1015

Pilot officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

I was in the closed beta and i got it

#25 _McLeod_

_McLeod_

Pilot officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

I got the Tu2 when I bought the Typhoon starter pack - after closed beta had ended.

signature3.jpg

#26 Herrflick

Herrflick

Officer cadet

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

I got it during the last days of closed beta I beleave.

#27 kifli

kifli

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I was on beta and I have my tu-2 and typhoon 

#28 Six_Gun

Six_Gun

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I was in Closed Beta and got both the TU-2 and the Typhoon. However, the Closed Beta decal is not unlocked for me.I never bought any packs until recently.

#29 Hopeasusi

Hopeasusi

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

This something i would like to know too.

Will you get the Tu-2 gift plane if you buy a starter pack anymore? Does anyone know about this?

#30 kawa6

kawa6

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

This something i would like to know too.

Will you get the Tu-2 gift plane if you buy a starter pack anymore? Does anyone know about this?

Bumping this thread because I too would like to know if I purchase a starter pack would I still recieve access to the plane(s) as advertised?

#31 Davix32

Davix32

Flying officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Bumping this thread because I too would like to know if I purchase a starter pack would I still recieve access to the plane(s) as advertised?

I got the ultra wallet warrior pack like a week ago and I got my Tu-2 and the Peshka :D

pj4qZ9h.png <-loved this, nice signature Comett :D

#32 Dazalenko

Dazalenko

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

I just recently bought the ultra pack, wasnt in the closed beta, and received both the Pe2 Peshka, and Tu2

"Ducking for cover?... I'm ashamed of you men....They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance"....... Famous last words by U.S. Civil War General John Sedgwick, seconds before being shot through the face by a sniper..... Remember, never assume, and incoming fire ALWAYS has the right of way...

#33 kamikazi_00

kamikazi_00

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

Different packs have different gifts I got my TU2. And I purchased another pack also and got the gift plane..

#34 Kiskatona

Kiskatona

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'm not sure how I got mine.  I haven't bought any packs, and I bought some eagles after I unlocked it.  I do own Wings of Prey though (haven't played it much at all, and I never got any War Thunder closed beta invites either), so maybe that's why it was available to me.

#35 Strokovich

Strokovich

Squadron leader

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

I have the the TU-2 but not the Typhoon, even though I joined closed beta about a month or so before it became open beta.

#36 svzio

svzio

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

I have bought the Typhoon pack recently and received Tu-2 also.

#37 Vanyaeli

Vanyaeli

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

I got the Typhoon starter pack a week and a half ago and I got the Tu-2, I have no immediate desire to try it out though  :yes:

When in doubt, bail out!

#38 Dazalenko

Dazalenko

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

As a pure bomber, its not so good, small bomb load.... As a heavy fighter bomber though.... Dual ShVak's  w/ground target belts do nasty things to anything that wanders in front of you....And an accurate 500kg bomb will snuff a pillbox....I've actually become quite fond of the old girl.... :good:

"Ducking for cover?... I'm ashamed of you men....They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance"....... Famous last words by U.S. Civil War General John Sedgwick, seconds before being shot through the face by a sniper..... Remember, never assume, and incoming fire ALWAYS has the right of way...

#39 MightyAA

MightyAA

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

I bought the Ultra pack back in Feb. and I do have the Tu-2.  I wasn't in closed beta.

Same...

#40 MightyAA

MightyAA

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

As a pure bomber, its not so good, small bomb load.... As a heavy fighter bomber though.... Dual ShVak's  w/ground target belts do nasty things to anything that wanders in front of you....And an accurate 500kg bomb will snuff a pillbox....I've actually become quite fond of the old girl.... :good:

Yes, with that Tu-2 gift and the PE I got in the Ultra pack... the gift bonus's make it a nice lion farming combo.  Again, more Russian bias since I think those two gifts are the only ones for a country that are close to the same level so you get in fairly good ranked games.  Add that 9T to the lineup and it's a money maker. 

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tu-2, Gift Planes, Starter Pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users