#1 padawan1100

padawan1100

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hey guys!

atm im playing the us air force at rank 5 (nearly 6), and wanted to know your opinion on the next good planes.

My setup is:

1) P40 Kittyhawk with da bombs strapped to it - I quite like it to get behind bombers or general big planes, but it is really sluggish when it comes to gun aiming

2) F2A-3 Buffalo - Bought it because i thought it would be nice to have a "mediocre" plane if my p40 goes down, but for some reason i keep getting 4 kills in a row with that thing

3) AG-20 Havoc - Nice front armament, decent bomb load for that rank and decent turning speed, not bad

Now i have 2 choices:

1) Buying myself a Hellcat (with 6*12.77, 2 500kg bombs and 6 Rockets)

2) Buying myself the Airacobras(N0 and Q5), with some MGs and a neat 37mm cannon. After these i could buy myself the P47 with some insane armament

So, what do you think I should get?

And what's your opinion on the planes?

#2 MonKAY

MonKAY

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Both options are good.

The Hellcat is one hell of a groudnattacker. You will get alot of groundkills because this thing is fast after a dive and maintains the speed pretty good.

It is also more agile if you want to dogfight with it, you can.

The Aircobras are very good energyfighters with a good climbrate and good at maintaining speed and fleeing after a successful diveattack.

If you are into energyfighters try the Aircobras because you have allready a good groundattack option in your lineup. If you like dogfighting more try the Hellcat and kill alot of groundtargets at the start of the round.

#3 TheMysteriousStr

TheMysteriousStr

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 6 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

The aircobras are great fun but I feel they are best used with a squadmate/buddy so you can cover each other during dives and reloads.

I've found the wildcats to be good fun as well. I don't fly my hellcat that much but boy is it capable of taking a beating (atleast in the two matches where I got swarmed).

#4 PetrAS

PetrAS

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hellcat for sure! and now that it costs less than before. Avoid Airacobras, their 37mm is bugged and they aren´t fast. KingCobras´ 37s are better, and are better planes, so..

109.png3r.png

#5 Brusilov

Brusilov

Warrant officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

The Hellcat when upgraded can carry two 454Kg bombs and eight rockets - it makes it a good ground attack aircraft.  The six 12.7mm machine guns also give it a decent burst mass of 3.23 kg/sec so it's good against air targets as well.  Ground targets can earn you decent amount of eagles and experience.  Basically, the Hellcat is a good all-round aircraft (I also retain the British one in my hanger and use that).

The Airacobras have the 37mm canion which can make a mess of most planes.  However, they can't carry very large bombs so that makes them limited use against some ground targets like pillboxes and maybe heavy tanks (not so sure about mediums).  The 37mm canon also fires slowly but not too slow and any faster would make it OP.

If you only had a choice of two planes I'd get the Hellcat and one of the Airacobras.  When you get enough eagles you can always add a second Airacobra and swap them around when one of them is damaged.

If you only had a choice on one plane then I'd probably go for the Hellcat but save up those eagles for an Airacobra.

The way to continue to make eagles is to play your planes until they are destroyed.  Don't turn on automatic repair. When they've used up the free repairs then swap them out for one of the planes you had in the crew slot before and play them.  At the end of your gaming session make sure you put the better plane back into the crew slot as a damage dplane now takes considerably longer to repair when it's not in a crew slot.

It's not that hard to have all planes of one nation out of service although you will always have your reserve aircraft to use -so play more than one nation even if it's only to use their reserve airtcraft.

#6 RainbowDasH

RainbowDasH

Dashie "Blue Ace"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Buy the hellcats , they worth it.

#7 JagarKlato

JagarKlato

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

and Drop Kitty, that plane got horible manouverability since 1.29

My idea for World War 2 mode:

http://forum.warthun...s/#entry2949036

#8 padawan1100

padawan1100

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

nice, thanks for the tips

and Drop Kitty, that plane got horible manouverability since 1.29

Kitty gon be sad :(

#9 Nef

Nef

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Drop Kitty, get Hellcat, Aircobra and Wildcat with your Bufflo and Havoc. Perfect setup for any map/situation.

#10 Blankwindow

Blankwindow

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

the hellcat is a good all arounder it does everything, the cobras are bnz planes and high altitude bomber\attacker hunters.

just remember with the hell cat with you have the 2x1K bombs on. until you drop those bombs the plane flies like a boat.

8edb6504-00d6-41b3-9d9a-96ac0aee1f36.jpg

To apply for membership, or place a challange for clan scrim\match: Clanaod.net

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users