76 replies to this topic

#41 xedoc

xedoc

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

If somebody want to help me with testing - here is dev version of my new program:

https://www.box.com/...rzsc6x3xttf8w0m

This one is compatible with any game and allows to change curve while game is open. 

It require virtual joystick driver to work: http://vjoystick.sou...all/72-download

That driver isn't compatible with PPJoy but its newer and can be installed on WinXP/Vista/Win7/Win8, including 64bit versions.

Before trying my program please make sure that device driver is installed and Feeder application of vJoy works properly.

Light green crosshair is virtual joystick. Dark green crosshair shows normal joystick position.

Right-click on Tab/Tester brings context menus with options. Each source axis must be defined once. Every duplicate will be ignored.

Virtual joystick affect bindings in game. So its good idea to make backup copy of your config file.

At the moment both virtual and physical axis are visible in the game. So you'll have to catch the moment when game detects vJoy's axis or set it manually.

You will need to reset non-linearity, multiplier and hidden sliders to default values. Otherwise joystick's response will be unpredictable.

Program settings folder is normally created under: %appdata%\..\local\microsoft\

And remember, this program is not for regular use but for testing only. I appreciate any feedback!

Joystick response curves: http://xedocproject.com Live stream: http://twitch.tv/xedoc

#42 HeartOrHead

HeartOrHead

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

Windows 8 forces you to use Digitally Signed Drivers.  Using an unsigned driver triggers "test mode" in windows 8. And this is the case with the VJoy app you linked to.

How this program can gen you better results than the previous one? I don't see any significant improvement, only more hassle with instalation.

#43 InspGadgt

InspGadgt

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Well I've been testing rudder curves for a couple of days now and while the curve has helped...it hasn't solved the issue. 

#44 xedoc

xedoc

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Windows 8 forces you to use Digitally Signed Drivers.  Using an unsigned driver triggers "test mode" in windows 8. And this is the case with the VJoy app you linked to.

How this program can gen you better results than the previous one? I don't see any significant improvement, only more hassle with instalation.

Yeah test mode must be enabled for vjoy driver. 

This program works in completely different manner than previous one. The main difference is it doesn't use jerky curve algorithms of the game. It gives more precise and predictable control over the curve and allows to change joystick response while game is open. 

ATM I'm working on adding profile management. So it will be possible to draw unique curve per game/plane/etc and choose it when you will need it without game restart. When you'll switch profiles it will be displayed on X52 Pro display or as Steam message in it's overlay.

Joystick response curves: http://xedocproject.com Live stream: http://twitch.tv/xedoc

#45 HeartOrHead

HeartOrHead

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

So what you saying is right now the game makes a jumpy advance between curve states? For example from position 1 at say 15 to position 2 at 20 it is not linear transition but simple jump in response from 15 to 20?

#46 xedoc

xedoc

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Some of players reported that built-in curves work fine while you pull a handle but it become stairstep when you push it.

#47 HeartOrHead

HeartOrHead

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

About the Win test mode? If I want to use the vjoy I must stay in test mode all the time? Win displays annoying message above the clock in this mode.

#48 xedoc

xedoc

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yes test mode must be enabled all the time. Otherwise driver won't work. This is drawback of open source drivers. Authors don't want to pay $1K per year for MS certificates.

But you can get rid of that watermark easily.

There is utility for Win8 called WCP Watermark editor.

And for Vista/Win7 there is TCP-Z Watermark remove

#49 HeartOrHead

HeartOrHead

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

I tried it and it's SO MUCH better than the default curves. Please add an option to auto draw a stright line from left-most point to the right-most point.

The program has to stay on all the time when playing?

#50 GFC_MilxFalcon

GFC_MilxFalcon

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Your Older Programm is very good thanks for this :)

But i have a few optimations for you .  The sliders 1111111111 is not every up ,is more a linear line, from down left to up right  like this as the black line .

6skah77cfop8.jpg the red line is 0,0.11,0.22,0.33 etc.

Also you can 1.1 .1.2 1.3 make  too , not only 0.9 0.8 0.7.

I have this  make for my thottle.

throttle{
      axisId:i=10
      innerDeadzone:r=0
      outerDeadzone:r=0.05
      rangeMin:r=0
      rangeMax:r=1
      inverse:b=yes
      nonlinearity:r=0
      kAdd:r=0
      kMul:r=1
      relSens:r=0.01
      relStep:r=0
      relative:b=no
      nonLinearitySlider0:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider1:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider2:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider3:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider4:r=1.4
      nonLinearitySlider5:r=1.3
      nonLinearitySlider6:r=1.2
      nonLinearitySlider7:r=1.1
      nonLinearitySlider8:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider9:r=1
      useSliders:b=yes
    }

Now i have a really smoother control in the 70%- 100% thrust.

Sry for my bad English.

#51 l_FU2_lObsessed1

l_FU2_lObsessed1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Has anyone been able to use this to get a better rudder control curve? Nothing I have done makes much difference and I have a nicecurve. Its getting tto the point of futility I'm afraid.

#52 simnerd

simnerd

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

Your Older Programm is very good thanks for this :)

But i have a few optimations for you .  The sliders 1111111111 is not every up ,is more a linear line, from down left to up right  like this as the black line .

6skah77cfop8.jpg the red line is 0,0.11,0.22,0.33 etc.

Also you can 1.1 .1.2 1.3 make  too , not only 0.9 0.8 0.7.

I have this  make for my thottle.

throttle{
      axisId:i=10
      innerDeadzone:r=0
      outerDeadzone:r=0.05
      rangeMin:r=0
      rangeMax:r=1
      inverse:b=yes
      nonlinearity:r=0
      kAdd:r=0
      kMul:r=1
      relSens:r=0.01
      relStep:r=0
      relative:b=no
      nonLinearitySlider0:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider1:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider2:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider3:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider4:r=1.4
      nonLinearitySlider5:r=1.3
      nonLinearitySlider6:r=1.2
      nonLinearitySlider7:r=1.1
      nonLinearitySlider8:r=1
      nonLinearitySlider9:r=1
      useSliders:b=yes
    }

Now i have a really smoother control in the 70%- 100% thrust.

Sry for my bad English.

Good share.

If you have precise large throttle you can also try 

outerDeadzone:r=0

for the similar result.

#53 l_FU2_lObsessed1

l_FU2_lObsessed1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Has anyone been able to use this to get a better rudder control curve? Nothing I have done makes much difference and I have a nicecurve. Its getting tto the point of futility I'm afraid.

no one has anything that they have found that could help?

#54 HeartOrHead

HeartOrHead

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

Dude.

I tried it and it's SO MUCH better than the default curves. 

Try it and see for yourself instead of asking what are others' feelings.

#55 l_FU2_lObsessed1

l_FU2_lObsessed1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

Dude.

Try it and see for yourself instead of asking what are others' feelings.

I take it this was directed at me, and since i can also see you would rather assume than read, i will break this down further for you.  I have tried no less than 22 combinations of axis curves.  I have one that is close to being good but it is still NOT correct.  I was looking for something that i might be missing or if anyone else has had success with.  If you haven't found anything all you had to do was say no........Dude

#56 xedoc

xedoc

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

Did you set multiplier and non-linearity to 1.0 in game ?

#57 InspGadgt

InspGadgt

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

I take it this was directed at me, and since i can also see you would rather assume than read, i will break this down further for you.  I have tried no less than 22 combinations of axis curves.  I have one that is close to being good but it is still NOT correct.  I was looking for something that i might be missing or if anyone else has had success with.  If you haven't found anything all you had to do was say no........Dude

Honestly I don't think it is possible to correct with curves as I am starting to think this is something other than a controller issue.  The reason I am starting to think this is 2 fold...First if it is a controller issue then it is likely bounce in the axis which deadband settings should fix.  I've tried multiple deadband settings from min to max and the problem still occurs.  Second if it was a controller issue you would see the rudder move with the bounce.  But if you go into external view and look back at the rudder and just twist the stick and let go you will see the rudder animation does not follow the bounce.

#58 l_FU2_lObsessed1

l_FU2_lObsessed1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Honestly I don't think it is possible to correct with curves as I am starting to think this is something other than a controller issue.  The reason I am starting to think this is 2 fold...First if it is a controller issue then it is likely bounce in the axis which deadband settings should fix.  I've tried multiple deadband settings from min to max and the problem still occurs.  Second if it was a controller issue you would see the rudder move with the bounce.  But if you go into external view and look back at the rudder and just twist the stick and let go you will see the rudder animation does not follow the bounce.

I agree, i had a feeling for a while now that it was in the flight model of the aircraft.  They made it right for a day after 1.29 but changed it back due to mouse aim whiners.  A good plane to see a feed back of rudder bounce is in the p39, it has a rudder indicator in the cockpit and it will bounce all around.

#59 l_FU2_lObsessed1

l_FU2_lObsessed1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

Did you set multiplier and non-linearity to 1.0 in game ?

Yes, and every combination to max.  I have it better now than default but i cannot get it like it should be.

#60 Flyerman

Flyerman

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3 Thanks

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

I think in this post (look into the link) is some light in the tunel for JS users.

http://forum.warthun...e-2#entry307709

"This wobble issue is NOT related to the joysticks but rather ARE related to the Flight Models"

On the side. I saw the movie with big wobble corrected by "instructor". The rudder was like a flag on the wind, moving from left to right very fast - plane flew straight and nice.

So I think... anything now can only just a reduce this problem a bit - not fixing. With all respect to this soft wich is really good.

Wykańczanie domu, wykańcza. Zasłyszane, w praktyce doświadczane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users