12 replies to this topic

#1 audigex

audigex

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

I'm looking for people who want to wingman up for a few hours at a time. I can't be bothered joining big squads or trying to be part of a community - I just want to chat to people for an evening while we laugh at each other's mistakes, and try to shoot annoying bandits on each others' tails.

There are a few others with a similar idea, and a couple of us were on earlier just having a mess about - I decided it's a lot more fun to play with a couple of mates. If anyone wants to join me, or them, or us, or whoever happens to be around, then we're using TeamSpeak to find each other and chat while in game. If anyone wants the server info then hit me up with a PM on here or in game (same username: audigex)

Nothing serious, no commitment required, just log into the teamspeak or PM me in game and if I'm around, we can do some flying together until someone has to go. Either flying around and just helping each other where possible, or messing about trying to do some formation flying or silly stunts. Also, if you've got a squad teamspeak which doesn't require me to join your squad then feel free to PM me the address and I'll drop by occasionally to find some friends.

Or if you don't have TS or don't want to talk aloud, just add me in game and say hi.

I'm 23, I'm called Jon and I'm normally online for some/all of 6pm-1am GMT on weekdays, and either all day on the weekend, or none of it. Right now I'm level 6 Soviet and British, and about leve 1-3 in the others... but that's subject to change depending on my whims. I play random styles depending on my mood, who I'm playing with and whether they want to try anything specific.

Happy hunting, and please DO NOT post about your squad in here, or message me asking to join - I'm not good enough to be useful in clan matches, and I'm not interested in anything other than casual gameplay.

If you ever don't know what to do, shoot down the enemy and we can discuss your options later.

Ode to the Rammer

#2 RideOfValkyries

RideOfValkyries

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

You're are not "Good" enough to be useful in clan matches? There are lot's casual fun squadrons in WarThunder. Not every squadron is crazy serious and only fly's to win. If you do browse the forums there's groups out there just looking to fly for a fun time. They just have the additional website for more optional communication. Does having a website then make a group a "Community" or a "Serious" clan. Does a community make them people that only have a single goal and that's to win? Not at all I've read over a few squadrons and they fly for fun. Some squadrons number a couple of guy's so why be afraid to join them. I'm just only saying this because you make every squadron sound the same. When there can be many different types of communities or squadrons. Casual/Competitive/Social

#3 audigex

audigex

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

True. Perhaps I could clarify with:

I'm not good enough to be in the competitive matches, and my time is too constrained and unreliable to be able to turn up for casual matches which still need people turning up.

There are groups looking for a laugh, and I'll take a look at them at some point - but right now I'm just wanting to fly with a couple of people who just want to turn up and fly with whoever's there, a clan is just slightly more effort (even if it's just signing up to a forum and remembering to check it) than I want right now. This post is basically the equivalent of messaging someone in game and seeing if they want to play together for the evening, and offering the use of Smudge202's TeamSpeak so that we can find a couple of guys(/girls, but I've not met one on WT yet) who just want to play a little

If you ever don't know what to do, shoot down the enemy and we can discuss your options later.

Ode to the Rammer

#4 Spectre48

Spectre48

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hey mate.

I am 22, my name is Benjamin, I live in Denmark (GMT +1), I'm level 6 with the British and haven't used other nations so far.

I am sort of random regarding when I am on, some days I'll play nothing but War Thunder other days i don't touch the game.

I would very much like to have some one to play with occasionally. My ingame name is the same as my nickname 'Spectre48'.

I generally only have to things in mind when playing, destroy as many planes as I lose and have fun whilst doing it.

About Teamspeak do you have a server or are we using someone else's?

Anyway going to add you to my friends list and I hope to see you in the sky mate.  ;)s

(Sorry if I come out a bit 'short', I just made this post 2 min ago, but had to log in to post it, so I lost what I wrote.)

#5 audigex

audigex

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Some of us are hanging out on ts.devbot.net if anyone wants to join and find some wingmen. Normally at least a few of us online from about 6pm GMT/1pm EST.

Ode to the Rammer

#6 tteded

tteded

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Add me! tteded. You can also write a PM to me.

#7 B1helios

B1helios

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Just +1'ing what RideOfTheValkerie has already said (forgot to quote him :P). I've seen quite a few post about looking for others to fly with, but don't want to necessarily join a, 'clan', 'Squadron', or, 'community'.

On the one had I can understand how much simpler it might be to just set up a TS server, advertise it and find people to fly with. Admittedly, some groups require you to fill out an application, wait to have someone go over it so they can decide yay or nay. But thats not the case with every group, or community out there. And for those that do do things that way, thats their perogative and I'm sure they have reasons behind it.

But if you're quick to write off joining an already formed community, you might not be doing yourself any favors either. Some communities have actually formed b/c players came together first, continued gaming together and then later decided to make it more official.

There are a lot of communities, clans, squads or whatever you want to call them that range from casual flying weekend warriors so to speak to ones who run things a bit more seriously. And definitely don't write off the idea b/c you think you have to be l33t in any one game. I see people all the time who join our community that are new in said game/sim, and actually join b/c they want to learn more. For the most part however people join b/c they want others to game with regardless of the outcome of a match, top score or K/D ratio.

Good words Ride, thx.

Cheers,

B1

beta_sign_2.png

#8 Greegor

Greegor

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

Sup im on us server alot, i play mainly fighters, need someone who can cover the six, as i cover theres ;D

Im on about ur times

i added you, ign:greegor

i also am interested in a few buds, who just like ABin etc, im not tryng to get to serious just dogfight

:fighter:

Fly Russian or Die :kamikadze:

#9 audigex

audigex

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Hey Greg, added you in game too :) give me a shout when you're on or just head to the teamspeak above - it's getting reasonably good for having a couple of people online at a time now so you should find some wingmen even if I'm not online

Ode to the Rammer

#10 audigex

audigex

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

As Smudge202's Teamspeak seems to have vanished, I'll be found on ts.audigex.com most evenings: feel free to come and fly with me, or just use the server without me if you need voice chat with a mate (I'll set up a couple of extra channels)

Ode to the Rammer

#11 Natsirt2610

Natsirt2610

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Sup mate. I don't have a mike, but if you don't mind that then I can fly with you. I mainly fly on the Europe server, but i live in GMT+8. I'm about lvl 4 in British and American. 3 in Russian.

beta_sign_1.png  warthunderMsig.png

#12 audigex

audigex

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Sure thing, add me in game (same name in game) and just give me a shout when you're online. We can either use text chat or I can be on voice while you type, whichever you like.

Ode to the Rammer

#13 khc196

khc196

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Angels of Death [AOD]

are a large, international, multi-gaming community which was founded in 1999 and is made up of 1500+ dedicated members spread across such games as BF3, JKII, EvE, Planetside 2, TOR, WarZ, Guild Wars 2, WoT, Mechwarrior Online, and Defiance. We are now looking for potential members who are mature and would like to join our War Thunder division within AOD.

Casual Gamers:

If you are looking for stress free gaming without the constant nagging of a "clan" we are definitely the place for you. There are no time requirements for being a part of our clan and you will not be pushed aside for our "special teams". There are no elitists in our gaming group and all members are treated equally regardless of talent. We understand that life is stressful enough and the reason to game is to escape all of the nonsense of real life and just chill out, have fun, and fly with friends.

Perks to belonging to AOD

:

-Access to a 350 man public/private Ventrilo server.

-Access to our own website with forums.

-Access to and the ability to play with all of our members in any game we have a division for, as well as on our servers.

-Access to AOD members with tech and computer knowledge. If something goes wrong in your rig, we have plenty of members willing to help

-Hassle free gaming.

- Custom signature. We have several members who are dedicated and talented at creating signatures. Join AOD and you'll get your own.

-We are not here for just one game. We are an established community that play many games. Play one, or play them all, the choice is yours.

-Fun, friendly atmosphere where the clan is more of a family than just a group of players.

We are currently beginning our recruitment drive

in this game, with anticipation of the great potential the game has, to provide for a fantastic, team orientated, new division. Be among the early members for the division, because as with all games we have a division in, we aim to be among the very best there is. Early members naturally have a great impact on the direction we go in the game, should you wish to.

If you like what you see here, head over to http://www.clanaod.net/ and see what we have to offer.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users