Ammo Belt Questions.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Prentas

Prentas

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm a bit confused with all those new types of ammo now available. Could somebody make a list in which he/she would point out what each type is for and how it works etc? It would be viewed with high regard. (Ex: Why should I use ammo for air targets and not ammo for armored targets. Ex 2 : What does APT bullets stand for? ) 

#2 Nym

Nym

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

You should use ammo for air targets against other planes, bc it is designed to be used against them. Same goes for ammo against ground targets.

APT stands for Armor piercing Tracer

AP Armor piercing

HE High explosive

T Tracer

I Incendiary

So for example if you use a fighter, you should load anti air ammo, bc your main targets will be other planes.

If you fly a IL-2 (ground attack) you should load anti armor ammo for tanks and pillboxes/ships.

Most of the time its situationally. You have only a fighter left, all bombers are down and to win you have to kill the last remaining ground targets. So load anti armor ammo and go for them.

#3 Jaka23523

Jaka23523

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

So wouldnt it be best to load Incendiary and burn the air targets with fighters?

A detailed post about what ammo to use should be made.

#4 Calculon2

Calculon2

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, why give us all these options without even explaining the abbreviations, let alone what's good against what. Can I use AP ammo to try and snipe the pilot or does it just do less damage to the part it hits?

#5 Prentas

Prentas

Recruit

• Members
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Indeed, I do believe that the developers should provide additional information regarding the ammo options. 

#6 Guilotine

Guilotine

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4 Thanks

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

AP is just slug that goes trough doing litle dmg but penetrates armor, HE makes bigger hole for soft target like air planes, Incendiary round have chance to ignite target and Tracer just gives pilot visual que where the rounds are going.

Quite self explained ? 

#7 UKKSuurSuomi

UKKSuurSuomi

Flying officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Learn to internet and break your search words down, search for projectile codes abbreviations etc. Also there are some b-vitamin creams that work quite nicely for mild cases of xxxxxxxx.

post-266003-0-68200200-1386075317.png

(Like it means anything in the end)

#8 MagicSquid

MagicSquid

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 Thanks

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

http://forum.warthun...ts-in-129-mean/

Already asked, already answered.

The Yer-2 either has 3x as many bombs as it should carry or the B-17 has 1/3 as many bombs as it should carry.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users