The talisman.

17 replies to this topic

#1 KuroNyra

KuroNyra

Is this "The Game of life" all over again?!

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Does the talisman give mire XP only for the plane? (So nothing go to the experience in the tree),
Or in the contrary does the talisman also accelerate the grind for the tech tree's and experience earned for the tree?

#2 DPKBEAR

DPKBEAR

Sergeant

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

it's not worth buying............ even compare it to use the same eagles to convert "Free" Xps.........

#3 Atlantix

Atlantix

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

it might worth it if you buy it for a tier 18 mig 9 while grinding for 20

#4 Feindfeuer

Feindfeuer

Officer cadet

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 Thanks

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

You get more xp in general, pretty much upgrading your plane to the xp-gain of a premium plane. The Talisman does not remove the xp-maximum of the plane though, so you'll basically pay to arrive at that limit sooner. Once there you'll get a very limited xp amount, still more than normal, cause of the Talisman, but less than you'd get with a fresh plane.

Not worth it, especially with the steep prices you have to pay for higher level Planes.

#5 Zedon

Zedon

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

If you buy a talisman you are cutting the XP lifespan of your plane in half.

zeedona.pngzeedonb.png

#6 KuroNyra

KuroNyra

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Ok, thank you for your explication

#7 LockeProposal

LockeProposal

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Really wish I'd read this before I put one on my Ki lc. Now I feel silly.

#8 jyle

jyle

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Don't buy it, it's a waste. Premium is much better than a talisman on a single plane.

yvMPp7j.png

#9 Amovingtarget

Amovingtarget

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

oh... well, since i normally do amazing with all the russkie reserve aircraft(plus the tier 1 chaika and russian catalina), i bought talismans for all the russian biplanes(not the catalina because that thing has almost reached its limit without a talisman, i don't need it for that plane). i'm confused though. i could understand how its a waste if it only increased aircraft exp, and thus made me get 5xless exp sooner, but from what i can tell it also goes toward tech tree exp. so basically it's like speeding up if the lifespan of the plane because i will eventually reach the plane exp limit with the reserves and have to move on to higher tiers, and the talisman just helps me get there sooner. it seems like it would be a helpful item, considering i am a money player with plenty of $$$ to spend(i have premium and the p-39k for the russians and everything).... am i wrong somehow? :/

#10 KuroNyra

KuroNyra

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Don't buy it, it's a waste. Premium is much better than a talisman on a single plane.

All my current used russian planes have one now, and I have premium account.

XP goes much faster and I'm grinding for the level 16 now. Only 3 level and the jet is mine!

MMIIIIIIINNEEE!

(since I hate playing russian LA-# and Yak-#, I'm not bothered to not be able to use them after.)

#11 Shackram

Shackram

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

So the talisman is just a scam right now?

r2jjoz.jpg  2a5kynn.jpg

#12 Ubershiet1

Ubershiet1

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'n some cases, I find it really worth it. It doubles xp gained from that plane.

I have it on my avenger and the thing is and xp machine. my tail gunner earns me 100 xp every time he hits a plane. i get 2-4k xp each from bombing hard ground targets i consistently earn 60-70k xp a match in arcade flying only that plane doing nothing but dropping bombs.

yes it will burn out the lifetime use of the plane. but it, coupled with premium, has me ripping up the ranks in the tree and i really want a b17.

#13 Seerah

Seerah

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Talisman can be worth it if the exp bar if your plane is large enough that a +100% exp gain rate would net you more exp for the eagle cost of the talisman compared to converting those eagles with free exp instead, assuming you don't care that you'd reach the cap sooner, that you intend to use the plane anyway, and that you have enough available free exp for eagle conversion (assuming you are not short of free exp, since talisman can help in earning free exp faster for available conversions if that's what you intend).

For example, using the Dora's 4230k exp cap as an example, if I gave it a talisman costing 1700 eagles, then if I would max it I would gain 2115k exp with the +100% multiplier with half the playtime. However, if I converted the 1700 eagles into exp instantly, it would give me 2550k exp, and that's without playing any planes. So in this case a better use of those 1700 eagles is conversion, not a talisman.

Me 262 on the other hand, has an exp cap of 8530k. Talisman costs 2200. Converting 2200 eagles into exp only gives 3400k ish exp, but a talisman would give me 4265k exp.

The same general talisman cost/exp cap patterns holds throughout the nations, horribly inefficient at low tiers (emil caps at 800k, only 400k extra exp at half use, while talisman costs 750 which is 1100k at conversion) and you about break even between the two on the higher tiers, and it's only with jets that the talisman shines over exp conversion.

#14 nexeide

nexeide

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

So the talisman is just a scam right now?

Not really, depending on the situation.

With high level bombers and other fighters I imagine it's worth it as it makes ascending up the bomb-kit and engine/aerodynamic/etc trees faster. Again, this is a F2P game with paying elements to make the game easier/faster.

It's pretty dumb to spend the eagles on a plane you can max out bonus items in the span of 5-10 games and only has a 400k exp cap.

This is simply paying to make the game easier/faster. Not everything is a conspiracy, Shackram.

#15 jyle

jyle

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

I guess it's really a matter of how patient/impatient you are.

yvMPp7j.png

#16 _McLeod_

_McLeod_

Pilot officer

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Talisman is not a scam, it does go to your nation xp - not just your plane.  

As you get to higher tiers you will fill up the xp bars on the majority of planes you have available making the grind to the end tiers a very, very long one, so the opportunity to gain double xp on a plane is a welcome one, the cost to do this may be high on some of the higher tiers yes.

Personally I do it on the lower tiers (especially bombers) when it is cheaper to buy and the planes are cheaper to repair etc, making it a very viable way of gaining extra xp whilst grinding credits too (I know premium planes are better for credits but this is about talisman).

I probably wont do it on higher tiers unless its a plane I really like to fly or the repair costs are low becasue the difference in xp gain between higher and lower tiers is negligible.

If you buy a talisman you are cutting the XP lifespan of your plane in half.

Your cutting the time it takes to get the xp bar filled in half - the amount of xp to earn to fill the bar is the same so it makes no difference.

it's not worth buying............ even compare it to use the same eagles to convert "Free" Xps.........

If you convert free xp with eagles you get a certain amount for a certain price - a one off, if you pay for talisman you get double xp permanently for that plane - better value.

At the end of the day Talsiman is a tool to make Gaijin money and to make the progress through the tiers easier for those that choose to pay, as is the case with lots of tools like these people will object or call it a scam because it costs real money - most of these people have not bought it or will never buy it and shouldn't comment.  Personally I bought it for a few planes and dont regret it, I will do for a few more too.

signature3.jpg

#17 Shackram

Shackram

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Talisman is not a scam, it does go to your nation xp - not just your plane.

That's what i wanted to know, i've seen people saying otherwise several times in the forum.

r2jjoz.jpg  2a5kynn.jpg

#18 spittoon

spittoon

Air marshal

• Alpha Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8 Thanks

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Your cutting the time it takes to get the xp bar filled in half - the amount of xp to earn to fill the bar is the same so it makes no difference.

l do love that!  

people forget that you 'lose' nothing but the price of the gold, and you gain engine upgrades faster, etc...

a stock plane is like a malnourished puppy... it can still bite, but it's much more likely to be the loser in a dogfight

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users