Photo

Russian planes better than other nations?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#61 Franigo

Franigo

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

The Maxim guns it has have 600 RPM each while the He-51 has 2 1.2k RPM MGs.

The important stat here is burst-mass per second; that is how damaging the armament is. The russian reserves are better than everybody else, as high as three times as good as british planes, at least two times as good as japanese and german planes. The US planes have two different stats, one is about 70% as effective as the russians, two are even worse than the british. This means that you need three times as many shots with a british plane than with a russian plane to down an opponent.

Russian reserve planes are the most powerful without a doubt, and this is also true for Tier 1. They deal the most damage by a wide margin and turn as well or better than anyone else.

#62 Franigo

Franigo

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1 Thanks

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Cause historically it was like that as well? You know this isn't wargaming who invents designs at their own leisure.

Of course, this argument does not hold any water, since the tiers are not historically accurate in any meaningful sense. The german tree has the first BF109 at Tier6, while it was flown in combat in the Spanish Civil War (just like the I-16 for example).

So the designs are not invented by something's own leisure, but the tiers are done to balance things. Reserve and Tier 1 are unbalanced because of the choice of planes (if they indeed perform as they did in reality, which I highly doubt by the way). And the choice of planes per tier is obviously not dictated by historical accuracy at all, so there is really no reason to have one tree just better than the rest.

#63 NachtJagerX

NachtJagerX

Professional (status banned) German Fanboy

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 Thanks

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

I want to hear how russian planes are not OP.....

First of all, the I-15 and the I-153 down planes which my He-112 with its twin 20mm can't. Second of all, how the hell do these biplanes keep up with far more advanced and faster aircraft? They should shatter at speeds of around 450 km/h, yet they just happily chase my MC. 202 and destroy it with the first burst of their MGs.I've seen a guy with Chaika chase some unlucky Bf-109, and destroy him.

Also, how come the russian planes can survive whole clips emptied into them (not talking about the IL-2, it was like that IRL, I'm talking about their low rank and even reserve planes), while my Italian and German planes, along with my Hurricane die or get crits from the first bullet that hits them?

Now, I know it's still Beta, some planes (most notably the Germans) don't have their FM/DM in the game yet, but seriously, the russians are broken, at least in the low ranks.

EDIT: Just took a Ju-88 in my Ishak, with rockets......

BVEsBNX.png

You cheeky scrublords cannot comprehend the euphoria I have experienced from watching Facehurt 360noscope[1080p]mtdew420MLG ram a B-17

#64 Leviath40

Leviath40

Officer cadet

• Ground Forces Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 2 Thanks

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I remember trolling people with the I-153 in Wings of Prey MP, nothing new on the eastern front.

My french videos of War Thunder & World of Tanks : http://www.youtube.c...QqySgXKtsb6xwsD

French.png       dewoitine.png

#65 Shackram

Shackram

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 0 Thanks

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Cause historically it was like that as well? You know this isn't wargaming who invents designs at their own leisure.

It seems Gaijin cherrypicks which historical specs they want for the planes, just about as WG does with many tanks.

They could have used the early production I-15 that had two MGs, but instead they picked the later one, I-15bis, that has four MGs. At least they didn't pick the even later version that had two .50cal.

Didn't the Gladiator used to be the british reserve planes and was replaced with weaker planes?

r2jjoz.jpg  2a5kynn.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users