Dego_Locc

Why does this game HATE joystick users?

1,336 posts in this topic

Could you get me a line on joystick that you are getting for the exact price you are paying to play WarThunder? Thanks.

Logitech 3D Pro is very cheap $30. A very affordable, entry level stick considering, if you can buy a PC, you can buy this. That's less then I've spent in this game.

I went with the X52 Pro myself, but that's a mid level stick and costs a lot more.

Does this answer your question?

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Logitech 3D Pro is very cheap $30. A very affordable, entry level stick considering, if you can buy a PC, you can buy this. That's less then I've spent in this game.

I went with the X52 Pro myself, but that's a mid level stick and costs a lot more.

Does this answer your question?

well not american. 30$ means a weeks food for some people. 

as with the `mouse aimers do it better` forum cry-ing, why isn`t the spam just locked by some admin? the guy that made the first video doesn`t know sh}t about joysticks and he still feels like `someone should enhance his joystick ability`.

i worked as a gametester for EA for like 1 year(a bit more), and the guy pointed down on the joystick or didn`t calibrated it, as he should. that was messy.   

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

well not american. 30$ means a weeks food for some people. 

as with the `mouse aimers do it better` forum cry-ing, why isn`t the spam just locked by some admin? the guy that made the first video doesn`t know sh}t about joysticks and he still feels like `someone should enhance his joystick ability`.

i worked as a gametester for EA for like 1 year(a bit more), and the guy pointed down on the joystick or didn`t calibrated it, as he should. that was messy.   

Have you tried a joystick in this game? No?! Then keep your biased opinion to yourself.

As far as the videos, if you roll a plane left or right with a joystick in this game, you nosedown, just like in the video.

No one is asking to get rid of mouse, we are asking to fix joysticks. Learn to read or just keep your thoughts to yourself please. Thanks.

Also with your maturaty level I find it comical that you have ever had a "job". And EA ruins everything they touch, so I wouldn't brag about working for them.

Also, I can do ANY manuver with a mouse that you can do with a joystick(actually the instructor does it for me, I just point where I need to go), so your whole aregument is biased, unvalid, and misinformed.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Have you tried a joystick in this game? No?! Then keep your biased opinion to yourself.

As far as the videos, if you roll a plane left or right with a joystick in this game, you nosedown, just like in the video.

No one is asking to get rid of mouse, we are asking to fix joysticks. Learn to read or just keep your thoughts to yourself please. Thanks.

Also with your maturaty level I find it comical that you have ever had a "job". And EA ruins everything they touch, so I wouldn't brag about working for them. Also, I can do ANY manuver with a mouse that you can do with a joystick, so your whole aregument is biased, unvalid, and misinformed.

So do you know if he has tried a joystick? No!!! Keep YOUR unverified opinions to yourself. I use the logitech pro 3d extreme and do not have the issue of the nose diving. Try calibrating. If that doesn't work then maybe its your joystick, or maybe your just really terrible. Either way stop crying. I think everyone here is quite capable of reading. Your the one who posted that using a stick is a nobrainer insinuating that if anyone plays this  should go out and buy a joystick, i.e.,   learn to type.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

So do you know if he has tried a joystick? No!!! Keep YOUR unverified opinions to yourself. I use the logitech pro 3d extreme and do not have the issue of the nose diving. Try calibrating. If that doesn't work then maybe its your joystick, or maybe your just really terrible. Either way stop crying. I think everyone here is quite capable of reading. Your the one who posted that using a stick is a nobrainer insinuating that if anyone plays this  should go out and buy a joystick, i.e.,   learn to type.

I actually do know for a fact he hasn't tried a joystick, because in the other thread he's crying that he can't afford one, so assume less and move along.....

Again, because YOU obviously can't read, don't put words in my mouth, NO ONE asked to get rid of mouse aim, or told anyone to buy a joystick, WE ONLY WANT JOYSTICKS FIXED. durp durp durp.

And if you claim you have that flight stick and don't nose down in a continious roll like in the first video, you are flat out lying through your teeth.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Guys! First of all. Why the hell you have to use that joystick in the first place? If game is made for mouse aim control method in arcade mode, then its made for mouse aim control method in arcade mode. Not for joystick. What part of the sentence was so hard to understand? Simply just play with the god damn mouse aim method , when in arcade fights.

This game is beautiful, cause it has also game modes for hardcore players with joysticks and rudder pedals. Its great! Then if you like to use the most hi-tech gaming experience with joystick and rudder pedals, you just go to historic or even in full detailed simulator mode with everything in on it. Developers did this cause it hasnt been done before. Beautiful!

Topic starter is right in his comparison, but dude...devs wanted it like that. They just made it so, that you can actually feel the exiting atmosphere of the fights with simpliest possible controls. They have done it absolutely flawless!

Yeah! I do have joystick and i actually have adjusted it. Played of course and enjoyed that. But when you actually understand these different gamemodes and what they are made for, you take right tools for them and enjoy the game. Theres no hating towards joystick players. They love joystick players! Keep that in your mind.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

I actually do know for a fact he hasn't tried a joystick, because in the other thread he's crying that he can't afford one, so assume less and move along.....

Again, because YOU obviously can't read, don't put words in my mouth, NO ONE asked to get rid of mouse aim, or told anyone to buy a joystick, WE ONLY WANT JOYSTICKS FIXED. durp durp durp.

And if you claim you have that flight stick and don't nose down in a continious roll like in the first video, you are flat out lying through your teeth.

I am done, the maturity level here has dropped down to a toddlers state of mind, have fun arguing amongst yourselves.

Actually you need to learn to read because you specifically were complaining about anyone not using a joystick. And I do use a joy stick and do not have that issue, sorry you are so terrible at this game that you have to have a complaint thread on every topic. So please by all means be done because the only one in here in a toddlers state of mind is you and your crybaby bitch fits.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

We asked for Joystick to be an equally viable control method as the mouse, simple as that. Some of us like the experience of flying a plane using a joystick, simple as that. We're not asking for the dev to remove support for mouse controller.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

This shit is dividing the community. Outside of arcade this is very much a flight sim and by all mean use a mouse but if you are going to do so should have the full flight mechanics effecting your plane and full controls to deal with like the rest of us.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

We asked for Joystick to be an equally viable control method as the mouse, simple as that. Some of us like the experience of flying a plane using a joystick, simple as that. We're not asking for the dev to remove support for mouse controller.

Holy shit, where in my post did I claim anyone said that you wanted mouse control removed.... Nowhere, period. What we're saying is stop crying about people using mouse aim. Degolocc is such a moron he wants to tell people to learn to read and not put words in his mouth when here clearly complains about anyone using a mouse on this game. You didn't buy there gaming equipment and until you pay their bills you have no right to tell them otherwise. If you want something fixed then ask for that, don't bash everyone that is not using your peripheral of choice.

And to be honest, wether you can afford one or not, a joystick SHOULD be the preferred method of peripheral for a FLIGHT GAME. It's a "no brainer". If we were playing a racing game, and mouse users had an advantage over a guy who went out and bought a steering wheel, peddles, and shifter there would be an uproar on those forums as well. The only gaming genres a mouse and keyboard should be superior in is "point and click games", and first person shooters, NEVER a flight game.

And DegoLocc, just so you don't say anyone is putting anything in your mouth (which maybe a problem you have had in past life experiences) here's a quote of you complaining. And stop telling people to learn to read when you can't even remember what you type. Seriously, every thread you cry about something being unfair you tell someone to learn to read... how about this, learn to play. Instead of trying to get the game changed for your personal likes, how about you play it the way it was designed and leave your joystick out of the arcade mode so you don't have to worry about the instructor overriding your flight commands. People complain about having to play FRB if they want to get the most out of their joysticks but it takes too long to get into...... reason being not a lot of people use joystick all the time thus making FRB not as popular as other game modes. If you want a simulator game then go play one because a joystick will simply never be more accurate then a mouse when it comes to aiming.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

This shit is dividing the community. Outside of arcade this is very much a flight sim and by all mean use a mouse but if you are going to use a mouse you need have the full flight mechanics effecting your plane and full controls to deal with.

Well this is exactly what is currently happening right now.

Only thing is that the instructor is taking over control of your plane when dangerous stuff happens.

This is good because you cannot stall, and bad at the same time, because you can not do complex manuvers.

Mouse aim is currently a advantage when it comes to aiming because the joystick feels a bit wobbly.

The biggest issue I have when using the joystick is the fact that the rudder feels wierd. To fix this, I changed the rudder controls to relative.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Holy shit, where in my post did I claim anyone said that you wanted mouse control removed.... Nowhere, period. What we're saying is stop crying about people using mouse aim. Degolocc is such a moron he wants to tell people to learn to read and not put words in his mouth when here clearly complains about anyone using a mouse on this game. You didn't buy there gaming equipment and until you pay their bills you have no right to tell them otherwise. If you want something fixed then ask for that, don't bash everyone that is not using your peripheral of choice.

And DegoLocc, just so you don't say anyone is putting anything in your mouth (which maybe a problem you have had in past life experiences) here's a quote of you complaining. Instead of trying to get the game changed for your personal likes, how about you play it the way it was designed and leave your joystick out of the arcade mode so you don't have to worry about the instructed overriding your flight commands. People complain about having to play FRB if they want to get the most out of their joysticks but it takes too long to get into...... reason being not a lot of people use joystick all the time thus making FRB not as popular as other game modes. If you want a simulator game then go play one because a joystick will simply never be more accurate then a mouse when it comes to aiming.

I love this game no dought. And i started with mouse as probaly alot of other people. And i tought, damn this would be awsome with a JS, cuz mouse aim i really is hard or jerky to do certain manuvers ect. So i bought the logitech 3d, cuz it look ok and had hotor(or whatever) and wasent all that expensive ether. I finnaly got it, unboxed it, pluged it in, chose the preset for the same model, sweet i tought, dont hanve to mess with calebrating and stuff, since im a JS nobb. Did some test flying first, looked ok.

I started an arcade game, cuz thats what i play, and my god it was horrible, not the manuvering, that went sweet, but the aiming, damn it was wobbely and all over the damn place, and i quicly realised that thers has to be someting wrong somewhere. It was the same aimg drunken state as the xbox gamepad.

So i did some forum hunting, found alot of theads and tips and so on, I have done most of them, and since i am a nobb thats prob why, but i should not need to be that difficult.

Do for now i have laid down the JS until further fixes has been made, and i play mouse aim.

But to get to the bottum line here, there is no doubt that the JS is extremly inferior to mouse aim in arcade, bigtime. And it is and legitemate demmand to have the same playing field.
All that it does is pushing JS users to only play HB and FRB, but what about those who enjoy arcade more, they should have the same oppertunity as mouse user as far as contolre,stability and aim.

Thats all....

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Here's an idea, Stop bashing people for using a mouse. If you don't like it then quit and find another game like this. People don't have to buy things because you say so.

Here's another idea - read what people write. I didnt say you have to buy joystick, I said argument about how one cant afford it is in most cases not valid. If you are independent, you go to bar with friends, buy computer games, you CAN afford joystick. Period. You may not want to, but you can. 

Guys! First of all. Why the hell you have to use that joystick in the first place? If game is made for mouse aim control method in arcade mode, then its made for mouse aim control method in arcade mode. Not for joystick. What part of the sentence was so hard to understand? 

This sentence is wrong. Game in arcade is designed for three control methods - mouse aim, joystick and mouse-joy, not mouse aim only. And if it is designed for joystick, joystick users can expect it to work properly, and if it is not, they have right to discuss it.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

I'm not sure why anyone who doesn't have a joystick posts in this thread. Enjoy your mouse aim, I couldn't care less about all of you.

This thread is for those, who love to fly with a stick (how it's meant to be btw) and just got disappointed how WarThunder handles them. I used to fly with a Thrustmastert T.16000M, but I'm FORCED to fly with mouse aim, if I want to be competetive ingame. Right now, my stick is gathering dust on the table, and everytime I look at it, I die a little inside.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

I use the logitech pro 3d extreme and do not have the issue of the nose diving. 

I find it hard to belive you can do exactly what instructor do. Care to post video, I'd like to see how you do it?

Also, do you have issue with annoying wobbling, especially with terrible, aim preventing wobbling in 3pp mode, or also not? 

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Finally someone speaking his mind!

Thank you Gaijin for killing the pleasure of playing this game. Each day, bit by bit.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

I can relate to the OP's frustration, but I have a different point of view.

First:  I'm an avid flight sim fan from way way back (original Flight simulator on C=64).  I have the complete setup from CH, flight stick, rudder pedals, and throttle (it's awesome).  I enjoy playing simulators on ultra realistic mode.  I am a very good pilot.  When I started playing this game I configured my complete set, mapped all my buttons.   I noticed the slightly gamey flight engine in arcade mode, but it was realistic enough to be fun, and accessible enough to have lots of players playing (which is important).  After a while I was curious as to why I was doing so poorly in this game at first.  Friends of mine who were not sim fans, and didn't play sims were getting way better stats than me.  I knew they were using the mouse so I thought I'd try it out.  I have used the mouse in simulators in the past and it never really makes a good controller for a simulator, if it works as a flight stick.

This is the point everyone here is missing I think:  When using mouse aim the game employs very sophisticated "fly by wire" routines.  It is quite impressive actually.  When you use mouse aim you are not using your mouse as you would a joystick.   You are simply pointing your plane where you want it to go and the software controls all inputs (pitch, roll, and yaw) to get you there in the most efficient fashion, calculated by your computer which can do it a billion times faster and more effectively than any human.  This software must have taken them quite the effort to develop, it's effectively equivalent to the fly by wire software used in modern fighter planes, except it only has 4 control surfaces to handle as opposed to many more in modern fighters.  To illustrate what I mean, use your mouse in game and quickly point it at a heading 180 degrees from your current one (aim your mouse behind you).   Your plane will then automatically pull roll to vertical, pull hard back on the elevator, while applying correct compensating rudder, until your facing is where you are pointing and roll back to level.  If you just push sideways on your flight stick as you did your mouse, your plane would simply roll.  You can think of it like there is a really good pilot in your plane and you are sitting behind him, pointing to where you want to go.

The result of this amazing code is that the game is completely accessible to anyone.   You don't have to have a single minute of actual flight training to fly in this game.  You just point your mouse where you want to fly and the computer does it.  The result is that many, many people play the game, the developers make money, continue to add content and upgrade features, and you always have people to play against.

I agree that they shouldn't buff performance of the actual aircraft for mouse, or nerf it for joystick.  But using this system of fly by wire, a human being will never be able to compete against.   In order to properly aim your aircraft  at an enemy plane you need to control many variables instinctively.  Constant inputs on all your control surfaces are required to point it exactly where you want it.   The human brain cannot compete with a computer when it comes to calculations.  This does not mean playing with a mouse takes no skill, you still need to lead your target, and think of where you are going to fly to take the upper hand.  FPS skills play a big part (effective pointing and shooting).

There are some bonuses to this system however:  One of the draw backs of computer flight simulation is your extremely limited field of view on a computer screen.  The human eyes have a much wider field of view, and turning your head provides infinite more.   When playing computer simulators you can's see all around you, and when you pan your view, or lock it to a target it becomes much more difficult to fly your plane when you view is not pointed forward.  It's different when you in an actual plane and you look around because you still fell where the plane is flying,   On a computer you have no other sensory inputs besides a limited field of view and sound, and you are not physically turning your head.  Actual WW II fighter pilots were constantly turning their head around looking all around their planes in dogfights.

With the mouse aim your view is free, you can keep pointing at your target and you plane will automatically turn towards it.  The fly by wire is not affected by disorientation.  This makes the game a lot of fun.  It's not really a flight sim, but behind your aiming is a pretty good simulation making your plane respond realistically.  You need to use realistic tactics to be effective so that is proof in itself.

Since I discovered how the game works I do not use my expensive Joystick setup to play arcade mode, and I am enjoying the game immensely.  I look forward to when the server population is higher so that there will be more people in the full realism battles and the wait time is shorter.  Even when that happens I'm sure I will still play arcade battles with a mouse because they are fun.

My 2 cents.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

If you're gonna just complain don't use the joystick, i believe if you're using a joystick is for fun and nothing else, especially in arcade, joysticks are for HB,FRB, on arcade i've seen few people with joysticks and they're far better than mouse aimers

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

In NO WAY should using a mouse in a flight game be  superior to using a joystick.

They should be  equal at least.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

It is what it is.  It's not going to change.  That is why they have full real battles,  the mouse users have no chance in there.  They have to use their WASD keys with Q and E for rudder.   Mouse does nothing for flying.  The developers are obviously simulator fans who are smart enough to develop a simulator which is accessible to a broader audience and do it very effectively.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

... I will still play arcade battles with a mouse because they are fun.

My 2 cents.

A perfectly decent wall of text for nothing. Maybe you will understand that some people understand flying with a joystick as the only way they can play such a game.

Your argument falls short when it comes to HB, where this inequality is destroying the fun of countless of joystick users not willing to play FRB with current settings. Most of us aren't against mouse-aimers filling the ranks in arcade, its normal and it's good that a lot o people are being introduced to flying in a casual, relaxed manner. But in HB where the FMs are more complex and satisfying for lots of joystick users, mouse-aim comes in and their advantage is destroying the whole experience.

One example: if one system is allowing people to fly the Airacobra flawlessly, and the other one not, then instantly this inequality kicks in and forces people to either leave this game or give up and fly the mouse.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

A perfectly decent wall of text for nothing. Maybe you will understand that some people understand flying with a joystick as the only way they can play such a game.

Your argument falls short when it comes to HB, where this inequality is destroying the fun of countless of joystick users not willing to play FRB with current settings. Most of us aren't against mouse-aimers filling the ranks in arcade, its normal and it's good that a lot o people are being introduced to flying in a casual, relaxed manner. But in HB where the FMs are more complex and satisfying for lots of joystick users, mouse-aim comes in and their advantage is destroying the whole experience.

One example: if one system is allowing people to fly the Airacobra flawlessly, and the other one not, then instantly this inequality kicks in and forces people to either leave this game or give up and fly the mouse.

But he didnt rly make argument, unless "if you cant change game, then adapt to game" is that argument. He described his experience and explained his understending of how game works (which a lot ppl just fail to understend).

And rly, atm ppl can either adapt to game, or stop playing if they want play with joystick only, thats all what WE can do. Its Gaijin develpers who can change things in game.

If any1 was playing Wings of Prey (previous Gaijin WW2 flight game for PC, WT use its engine) he can see that changes to joystick behaviour in WT looks like intentional change, because in WoP aiming wasnt that frustrating with joystick even in 3rd person view. 

Imo much better resultats instead of venting frustration in forum posts would be make some kind of petition for Gaijin where ppl just sign that they support it without all this angry and frustrated stuff.

So all players who have joysticks and want to use them  to get answer if joystick will stay as it is or not and if yes then ask for change - it could show how many players rly care about it, and civil ways seems to work better then angry on forums. Atm every thread on this topic fast turnign into flame wars and insult throwing contest, I doubt devs are takign that behavious seriously.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel

Try these settings for both roll and pitch:

ailerons

roll axis

deadzone - 0.045
non linearity - 20
multiplier - 1
sensitivity - low / very low / depends on your grip

elevator
pitch axis
deadzone - 0.045
non linearity - 20
multiplier - 0.9
sensitivity - as above

Do a test flight, see the response and precise control and adjust the values to your liking. Then go into battle.

Have fun.

Type:

Note:

Add note Cancel